• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Carowinds: General Discussion

They must offer us the "executive" car style colours here.

Black, grey, silver (and minor derivatives there of) or white if you're lucky which is rarely chosen because... motorways.

Lift hill rising!

10639531_10152834448398599_8920038996977595187_n.jpg

1782022_10152843103638599_5307527077343543705_n.jpg

IMG_4843.jpg

off.jpg

:)

I do like these extra thick track spines / supports that B&M make these days.

I was going to say the exact opposite! I like the thick spine on Silver Star, but not the extended spine reaching down to the ground on their giga coasters - it just looks odd.

It looks weird half built, but the finished form is quite gracefull. Leviathan's drop is so huge that the thick spine just looks like another support at any reasonable distance.

For anyone interested, I have discovered a second webcam that Carowinds have set up but are not yet displaying anywhere on their website, showing the other side of the construction site. You can see one peice of track in place here and a few supports, as well as all the track and supports waiting in the car parks. This will be a more interesting view as construction progresses.

Interesting view of the site so far @Rob - something looks familiar, no idea why but Merlin and Theme came into my mind...

First drop is almost complete. I'd imagine the lift hill and drop will be finished by the end of this week:

thumb_camera1_11.jpg

Looks great although I do think some of the supporting is a little messy.

The drop supports look they've fallen over and need re-footing...

Now what does it remind me of....

You belong to....

The penultimate lift/drop piece is being put in place as I type this. The final piece to top it off is awaiting to go in place afterwards. If all goes well it will be topped off in the next couple of hours or so.