• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

CBeebies Land

Re: 2014: CBeebies Land

jackandylan123 said:
God, I hate the thought of this! although it's perfect for marketing, it won't feel like an AT area and will never have the same 'magic as almost every other area of the park :(

Agreed! Not looking forward to seeing what CBeebies will do to Storybookland/farmyard. :(

jackandylan123 said:
God, I hate the thought of this! although it's perfect for marketing, it won't feel like an AT area and will never have the same 'magic as almost every other area of the park :(

It will because there's hardly any "magic" left in the park anyway.

TedTheHuman said:
jackandylan123 said:

It will because there's hardly any "magic" left in the park anyway.

I know, but this is just terrible, there isn't much magic left, but at least the areas are Altons own (although DF needs some help with theme) and never fell into the trap of using IP's instead they used there own (for areas, at least ;)) so yeah, down with IP's ;)

jackandylan123 said:
I know, but this is just terrible, there isn't much magic left, but at least the areas are Altons own (although DF needs some help with theme) and never fell into the trap of using IP's instead they used there own (for areas, at least ;)) so yeah, down with IP's ;)

I don't think this is "terrible". We have no idea what the area will feel like until when it opens in May. I know IPs are not very popular, but at least it's a sensible choice as the source material makes people expect so much.

well, as you say we won't know until it's open, so I may be proved wrong, but I say this all the time; ATR has enough yellow to last a lifetime already ;)

To be honest I can't see the StoryBook land part changing much.

If I'm really honest I expect very little to change much but we will see.

I hadn't really considered it the context some of mentioned. The entrance etc was very charming, a big CBeebies World sign there? Not keen on that idea at all. When I consider the other IP like Ice Age 4D again in the context others mentioned, and there is no charm to it at all.

If you take Thomas Land (not been yet!) it seems very charming and cohesive from the pictures, rather than feeling IP commercial.

I think it will definitely increase business, let's just hope it isn't garish!

when it comes to IP, it is how it done, not what it is. When IP is done well, it work. if it done badly it does not.

Ice Age is IP that is done well. I am not going to comment on CATCF

Yes, I don't know why people appear to be doubting that Merlin can pull of IPs. Ice Age was done tastefully and with quality and I find it to be a great attraction. There's no reason why CBeebies Land won't be the same! :)

Ice Age may have been done well but it is covered in green mould and looks a mess already . the farm is one remaining area that was made to last and still looked quality I just hope that they don't spoil it.
And I don't know where people live who visit this site but at the Merry Hill shopping centre you can always meet a cbbc character at weekends and on school holidays . And I think Alton should have some thing special to them not a character or characters you can see out and about all the time But I reserve my judgement till it opens.

Well until it opens in May (or when ever it opens) we will just have to wait and see how it will turn out. Maybe if we all think negative, and it looks amazing when it opens we will be happy? (Or maybe not :p).

Its not thinking negative its looking at everything apart from the Mutiny bay area has not been maintained.

I seem to be the opposite of most here, in that the 4D experience made me chuckle but I thought the attraction itself really didn't fit in to the area. Personal taste maybe this one, it isn't badly done but taking that as an example, I am not really a fan of IP in general at Towers (having given it more thought).

They have creative enough teams I think to be making their own ideas or improving the existing. Saying that, it makes sense in business terms & in that regard a shrewd move.

I just think that area was possibly under-marketed & really very charming and a lovely relaxing corner of the park that I still popped in to with family.

I don't mind family IP's and I'm glad it's a British brand and not some American IP that had its day 5 years previous (AKA Shrek), I just worry that it's going to be a slight repaint and a few new signs.

But we must have patience.

I think it will look good and will be done to a good standard, I really can't see the BBC just accepting some crappy signs and a bit of paint, they will want it too look great, and they will want it to look great in years to come, Towers won't be able to just leave it to rot for years (like the farm was).

I'm sure such a big company as the BBC wouldn't have allowed the contract unless there was some sort of clause that required Towers to maintain the area to a high standard every year they have it.

They're not just representing the park with this, they are representing one of the most well know brands in the country, so I don't think they will be allowed to do as little as possible on this! :p

I would imagine that's true (though based on the state of IceAge that's not guaranteed) it's a shame that it takes representing an external companies brand to ensure things are maintained, does Merlin not have respect for its own brands to clean up and stop the rot on Nemesis, Air, Duel and the whole of Dark Forest.

Im honestly not expecting a massive change.

All of the rethemes Merlin have implemented at towers they have yet to do anything structurally to any buildings or even build a new unit.

Mutiny Bay just had pirate things around, which do look good - but no units were touched.
Dark Forest - the less said the better. Paint the existing units grey.
Cloud Cuckoo Land - just repainted the buildings.

So in an area that is currently lined either side with buildings Im not expecting great things.

It's bad when you consider the best of Merlin's themes has been mutiny bay - one big uninspired prate cliche.

I have no issue with the pirate as all theme parks themes are cliche (and we moan when they are not) it also includes 2 great attractions (Sharkbait and Mauraders).

I just wonder when Merlin are going to get their teeth into making something.... Magical