• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

CBeebies Land

Re: 2014: CBeebies Land

Harvey. said:
Maya said:
pluk said:
Don't think I've seen this mentioned before...

http://www.bbc.co.uk...t-arts-24426915

Sesame Streets Cookie Monster and Elmo are joining CBeebies line up next year!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-24536119
I don't really think I says these characters will be featured in cbeebies land, just that they are having a new cbeebies show. It could be featured, however I don't think this is really proof.

He didn't say it was, he was just pointing it out! :)

That's exactly what I was doing! Didn't suggest it was any sort of confirmation of them being part of cbeebies land at all, just that they will be on cbeebies. I think they'd be a rights minefield too far, but if that is the program bbc want to push next year maybe they'll make it happen.

Harvey. said:
Well, I'm kind of glad to see the Ice Tent go. Early preparations are always a good thing to see. What was the space down to be used for in the plans?

The walled stage/show area.

What I expect we'll see now is the arrival of some diggers in order to excavate an inexplicably large pit because of some bad surveying work ;)

They'll probably do a little bit of digging and then find all the bedrock that was meant to be under the SW7 site! ;)

A bit off topics but some request this video at the Scarefest meet and I have only just remembered. A bit of a look back at the last daily show to run on that site.

Webmaster - An adventure on ice!
(Sorry for the poor quality, but its all I have :( and the audio is slightly out of sync in places down to me mixing mixed video footage with the Webmaster audio files.)

Heres a few facts for you too:

In the original they did the headbanger move where one person (normally male) spins another person (usually a female) dangerously close to the ice. This was removed from the show as it was deemed too dangerous for the cast to be doing it day in day out. It was normally performed at the end of the "meet the cyber crew" scene and was replaced by a single skater doing a series of spins.
In addition, in the fight scene between Jason and the viral guards, Jason originally floated up out of danger whilst the cyber crew attacked the viral guards. This was seen to be a bit pointless and just didn't flow well, so it too was replaced and Jason was included in the fight scene.

OK some photos for you from today. All photos, as always, taken from public areas.

P1090807.JPG

P1090808.JPG

P1090809.JPG

Someone allegedly has a bad fix. rather odd graffiti really.
P1090810.JPG

This is quite a cool bit of history. I think that this is the rink scraping/relaying machine.
P1090812.JPG

Apologies if this has been mentioned but I think it has been completely missed. The planning application has been approved with conditions. I've had a quick scan of the conditions and they all seem fairly standard.

:)

Today is the last day that the farm is open in its current form. Very sad, considering how many generations of kids have visited and had a good time there.

scarecrow_zps701e60c9.jpg

It's bittersweet.

The farm is nowhere near the most dilapidated part of the park. It's really nice as it is.

Other areas, like Dark Forest, are vile yet untouched.

Still, iP and all that

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Hope they keep the scarecrow somewhere on park. :(

I have a sneaking feeling the theming that replaces it won't be as good.

Sadly they will probably remove half the theming (just look at Toyland Tours) and keep the other half for Scarefest (Carnival) or just with all the other old bits of theming scattered behind the scenes.

It's a shame, as the Farm is one of the strongest areas of the park. Fingers crossed the IP treats the area well.

Was at the Park yesterday and thought I would share some photos of the construction. Nothing apart from a few diggers and all, most of the old Ice Tent is now gone. Expect it will step up a gear once the public have gone.

You can see the more on my Facebook :)

BigDave said:
A bit off topics but some request this video at the Scarefest meet and I have only just remembered. A bit of a look back at the last daily show to run on that site.

Webmaster - An adventure on ice!
(Sorry for the poor quality, but its all I have :( and the audio is slightly out of sync in places down to me mixing mixed video footage with the Webmaster audio files.)

Heres a few facts for you too:

In the original they did the headbanger move where one person (normally male) spins another person (usually a female) dangerously close to the ice. This was removed from the show as it was deemed too dangerous for the cast to be doing it day in day out. It was normally performed at the end of the "meet the cyber crew" scene and was replaced by a single skater doing a series of spins.
In addition, in the fight scene between Jason and the viral guards, Jason originally floated up out of danger whilst the cyber crew attacked the viral guards. This was seen to be a bit pointless and just didn't flow well, so it too was replaced and Jason was included in the fight scene.

I think I asked you about it, thanks. ! :)

I was told that Squirrel Nutty is being rethemed but would be essentially the same. Also that Eye Spy was becoming In the Night Garden boat ride and that all the live animals will be staying. This was direct from employees working in this area - off the record ;-)

The animals from the farm were being moved up to the back of ATH today where new enclosures have been built. So we can still all see them! ;D

I believe the plan is for the animals to stay at the Hotels now.

Oh really? I thought the plans approved showed animal enclosures? The ride attendant told me they would temporarily move during works then return? As long as they are happy :)

I find it slightly odd that they'd simply relocate all the animals into the Alton Towers hotel. I did see some workmen installing the fencing in the ATH gardens, and whilst animal enclosures are hardly rocket science, what was being set up hardly looked permanent (I actually thought it was preparations for Christmas given it was just being nailed together fairly domestically).

I do know that there's a farm oriented program on CBeebies (with a name that currently escapes me) which is pretty much the only tie they need to give the animals a home on park again.