• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

CBeebies Land

Re: 2014: CBeebies Land

"Animal quarantine" is listed on the development plans for this development so I think it's safe to assume there will be some animals in the new area.

I wouldn't be surprised if some animals were kept at ATH though. It would open up the new land a bit more plus it adds a new dynamic at the hotels and makes use of the ATH harden.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

I would think the animals will stay at the hotels all the time, they have gone to a lot of work just to move them there for 6 months, new fences, huts, signs, etc have been put there. I'm sure it would have been easier to just send the animals off elsewhere while the work was being carried out, even somewhere like Chessington, rather than build a new home for them at the hotels.

Most of farm straight (the area behind the farm in staff only area) is now cordoned off. There is a gene there and a large crane in the coach park. Things look like they might pick up pace soon!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

BigDave said:
Most of farm straight (the area behind the farm in staff only area) is now cordoned off. There is a gene there and a large crane in the coach park. Things look like they might pick up pace soon!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

That's probably for The Smiler! ;)

The new development is good if you think 2013 was thrill seekers year and 2014 is a families year.

I (and some other TowersStreet members) will be on park this Sunday for the winter event, so I will try and see if anything is happening on the CBeebies development. I imagine you won't be able to get that near the farm, but if any work has started on the tractors or squirell nutty we should be able to get a look!

Keep an eye out on the TowersStreet Facebook page this weekend.

Unfortunately you could not get anywhere near the new CBeebies land, you entered the park near the rapids, and could only get as close as Battle Galleons. But here are a few photos I took:

1463968_574077759329339_701549725_n.jpg

You can see here that the Storybook Land sign has been removed. And work is also going on in the background.
1471770_574077769329338_1971772928_n.jpg

1469753_574077765996005_421936885_n.jpg

Oooh, so it'll remain a secret until opening day. Nice! Thanks for the pictures though, good to see that work is at least underway.

I'm genuinely very excited about this investment, now. Could signal a really great chance for Towers to bring in the punters and create a really unique environment if they pull it off well.

I imagine we will see more during Feb half term, as I can't see them sending guests in through the side entrance (Christmas they can get away with it, as there is very little open and very few guests). However if they really wanted to they could, as that whole side of the park is closed at Feb half term.

Because the fencing all around the Squirrel Nutty do you think there is a possibility that Old Macdonalds and Storybook Land will be merged together to make one land and Squirrel Nutty will be re-themed. Or have they just done this over the Xmas period?

I think its quite certain Squirrel nutty will form part of the new land. The signs for storybook land have been removed (as seen in photos above) and the fencing does go all the way around the site. Which is not needed for the Christmas event, as you can't get anywhere near that side of the park, its all blocked off near Mutiny Bay. So that fencing will clearly be there to stop Alton staff getting into the building site.

Also on the plans there are things located near Squirrel Nutty and the ice tent entrance. It would probably also be quite easy to get new shells for the ride cars/re theme the current ones.

Where the Storybook Land sign stood too could form as a nice eye grabber with a CBeebies Land sign in place of it.

Sonic is open at Feb half term, so we should get a little look at some of the work that will have been taking place. Is it just be that finds it quite sad that the Storybook Land sign has gone? I've always asscociated that with entering Towers, especially as it used to be one of the first things you saw.

:)

James said:
Where the Storybook Land sign stood too could form as a nice eye grabber with a CBeebies Land sign in place of it.
I just hope that the sign it's replaced with is equally eye-catching but sympathetic to the area too. The Storybook Land signs were an iconic thing to see upon walking down Towers Street and I hope any new signage isn't too garish or in your face...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

It is sad to see some of the lovely storybook land theming going, it just suited the area and park so well.

I think we will get a really different sign, maybe an animated one similar to the Cbeebies idents on screens or projected? Just something a bit more modern.

I guess this means we will be seeing the bookworm gone for good too?! :( One of the grandest pieces of theming by Alton Towers that was!

I'm half and half on this development. It will bring some life in for the family market - which the park needs. Although it's in the areas that I would say are in the best condition and do not need to be rethemed. I just hope the CBeebies theme is complimentary to the areas and does not ruin them.

With the amount of IPs Towers has gone through hopefully all the bad lessons have been learnt and this will turn out well!

James said:
I guess this means we will be seeing the bookworm gone for good too?! :( One of the grandest pieces of theming by Alton Towers that was!

Actually I hated that bloody worm. :-[

God, I hate the thought of this! although it's perfect for marketing, it won't feel like an AT area and will never have the same 'magic as almost every other area of the park :(