• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

CBeebies Land

Re: 2014: CBeebies Land

Charlie & Lola looks crap. Jars with the rest of the area.

I like the new cut-grass clean look of Riverbank. Maybe looks a little bit sparse on the theming front. Could do with a few animatronics added in at a later date. :)

Sam said:
Charlie & Lola looks crap. Jars with the rest of the area.

Just out of interest, have you seen the show? I think if you watched it/read the books you'd agree that it is actually very in touch with the style of the programme. It's very "scrapbook" in terms of its animation; I think the building looks great and really in tune with the theme of Charlie & Lola. :)

Today was the media day for CBeebies Land (I guess over the next few days there will be plenty of articles in the papers about the area). And here is a photo of Mr Bloom, Nina and Justin that Alton Towers have posted, it also shows the new CBeebies Land uniform:

10367159_687126514691129_4493267333214203042_n.jpg

It'll be interesting to see how they go about the queueing system, for actually getting into CBoobies Land. I have a horrible feeling it'll be those ugly industrial barriers with a pathetic CBeebies Land logo cover. :(

Tom.B said:
It'll be interesting to see how they go about the queueing system, for actually getting into CBoobies Land. I have a horrible feeling it'll be those ugly industrial barriers with a pathetic CBeebies Land logo cover. :(

There are holes in the ground for a queue line outside the entrance to the area, so I imagine they will add poles in when it gets busy and then remove them (those who have been to Europa will know what I mean!). That will look much better than the mess that was the Smiler last season!

djtruefitt said:
Tom.B said:

There are holes in the ground for a queue line outside the entrance to the area, so I imagine they will add poles in when it gets busy and then remove them (those who have been to Europa will know what I mean!). That will look much better than the mess that was the Smiler last season!

Oh absolutely. Does it look like it might be those stretchy/retractable queue rope things, if you know what I mean?

Like these?

retractable_Queue_1341293620.jpg

Whilst I think this whole area is a great addition. I can't help but feel that it could have been thought through better. The fact that people are going to have to queue to get into the area, then queue for the attractions it ridiculous! It will undoubtedly filled so that every attraction is on a 60 mins wait time, before they close the area, whilst that is a very good idea, maybe for a theme park as popular as Alton Towers they could have replaced the ride system for all the attractions to that they all have a capacity of at least 800 rides per hour.

Postman Pat's theoretical as far as I'm aware is 350 pph and that's with filling all the vans to full capacity. ITNG is 600 pph?? And we all know about Squirrel Nutty's old queue times! :/

I'd actually prefer them to just let people free-flow into the area, other wise some rides may be on two hours, whilst others are walk-on. Oh well, I'm sure 90% of children will love it. :)

I think the issue with just letting people in to the area could mean that it is just so rammed it will become unsafe, especially as the area is fairly small and only has one entrance and one exit. I have no idea what the area capacity is, but they really could do with some higher throughput rides, however very few young children rides have high throughputs, and children and parents don't help! :p

Interesting point - I wonder what they will class as 'full'. It will no doubt be based on the number of people who can safely fit in the area but I wonder what queue times they will cause. It's possible I suppose that queues will be spread between all attractions when the area is full thus keeping waits bearable.

As for an external queue I would assume they are going to use the old pole and rope variety that Disneyland Paris use for everything when it spills out of the entrance.

As a comparison, when SesamoAventura opened at PortAventura that was free-flow and the area was unbearable in the summer. To the point it was difficult to walk around and admire the area. If I had kids I certainly wouldn't have enjoyed taking them there.

Towers have made a wise decision to limit how many people can be in the area at one time. It'll be interesting to see what limits they have planned though. I do think they'll ram the area as much as possible while keeping it bearable to walk around and enjoy.

There is a set capacity although I cannot remember what it is. I'm not sure if they are actually going to count people in though, that could get a bit out of hand. Guess we'll find out tomorrow, although I wouldn't be surprised if the awful weather forecast makes some people postpone their trips until later in half term.

:)

It will be interesting to see what the system is for guest through put. I have a feeling it won't be like Hex's although that is quite a nice system.

Tom.B said:
It will be interesting to see what the system is for guest through put. I have a feeling it won't be like Hex's although that is quite a nice system.
Not entirely sure what you mean here?

People will enter the area, then once it reaches capacity a queue will form outside until there is more room.

Scott said:
Tom.B said:
Not entirely sure what you mean here?

People will enter the area, then once it reaches capacity a queue will form outside until there is more room.

I meant like how Hex counts people in.

Oh right - there will no doubt just be a staff member or two on the entrance counting people in and out I assume.

I've always expected that the system to permit people into the area will be almost, if not, identical to Thomas Land at Drayton. I can't imagine it being too busy tomorrow either due to the weather forecast, but we'll wait and see.

Danny said:
I've always expected that the system to permit people into the area will be almost, if not, identical to Thomas Land at Drayton. I can't imagine it being too busy tomorrow either due to the weather forecast, but we'll wait and see.

What's the system at DMP?

Tom.B said:
What's the system at DMP?

One or two members of staff stood under the archway grumbling at you if don't have a child. Very complex.