• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

CBeebies Land

Rob said:
We worked out yesterday that Postman Pat gets around 250-300pph. This is partly down to the loading system which is very slow!

There was rumour that Towers were considering calling the manufacturer back in to look at using a dual loading and unloading system for Pat, which would hopefully help a little. However, the fact still remains that pretty much every ride in the area has hideous throughputs.

If you ask me they should have looked at installing one more flat ride. Me and Craig both noted how the Fairly Odd Taxis at Blackpool would have been an ideal choice when everyone else was on it back in February. For what it is if you ran it on the right cycle it could quite happily soak up a fairly decent queue, and ease the load on some of the poorer attractions.

Expansion is undoubtedly needed soon though, and personally I'm looking at Adventure Land as the target.

Dual loading for Postman Pat is a must and shouldn't be hard, there is space for it. With very young children getting on loading is always going to be slow. Plus they allow parents to take photos of their kids whilst in the van in the station which can slow things down further.

They could have done with another ride however I'm sure they will address that issue in the future. However I don't think smaller flat rides are going to have the same appeal as things like Postman Pat or In the Night Garden. The Numtums ride very rarely seems to get a queue and when it does it's only about 5 mimutes. Yes it can seat a lot of people and it's hardly the most exciting ride but it is nowhere near as popular as the more significant rides.

:)

I visited CBeebies Land for the first time today. I have to say, I was really impressed!

Firstly, the welcome of the area seemed great. I like the signs and the general look of the area. Then, the first part we looked at was the Something Special Sensory Garden. I know this area has received some stick. But I was quite pleased with it. I work with children with autism and severe learning difficulties, as a lot of you know! I found the sensory garden to be a nice, quiet and serene area. There were plenty of things to interact with, without it all being too much! It was a nice introduction to the area. I'm sure it will get better as the plants develop. The only negative for me, was that the theming is already starting to fall apart!

NQOcUAw.jpg

We carried on wandering around CBeebies Land. We didn't experience many attractions for ourselves, because there were fairly big queues, but we did go in Mr Bloom's Allotment. I thought it was amazing! I really enjoyed it myself, so can only try to imagine how fantastic it must be for a small child who watches the show. There was actually an autistic child in our group who got involved and seemed to get so much out of it. I can only congratulate Towers and the BBC on such a brilliant, interactive attraction!

As for the rest of the area, we just had a look around. We were generally very impressed. In particular we thought that the Big Fun Showtime arena was great, especially the themed toilets. We also thought that the old Dungheap (I've forgotten the name but have great memories of it from the Sandwich meet last year) now looks brilliant, what a transformation!

I'm really looking forward to seeing how this develops in the future ;D

Totally agree that Mr Bloom's Allotment is absolutely amazing - if you've got kids I'd say it's the must-do attraction of the area :)

Reactions: Amy
Of the attractions that I have experienced (which ashamedly is now most of them :p ) Mr Bloom's Allotment is by far the best. It is very well thought out and has great interactions for the kids!

Reactions: Amy
Amy said:
The only negative for me, was that the theming is already starting to fall apart!

I would guess that it is overenthusiastic toddlers playing with it. That looks like a standard home garden decoration, not an item that would stand up to hundreds of children pulling at it.

According to the Early ride time page CBeebies Land is on ERT till 8th June, which has been extended since it was first announced. It wouldn't surprise me if they extend it all year!

djtruefitt said:
According to the Early ride time page CBeebies Land is on ERT till 8th June, which has been extended since it was first announced. It wouldn't surprise me if they extend it all year!

CBeebies Land will be open from 9am for the rest of the year now :)

siralgenon said:
djtruefitt said:

CBeebies Land will be open from 9am for the rest of the year now :)

It probably will but Towers are yet to officially confirm as such.

It's not no, but I don't even think Towers can be stupid enough to put fastrack on rides which such dire throughputs as it is. Fastrack could completely stop the main queues at times.

They'd only have to pop down to Chessie to see the effects of Fastrack on Truckers to see how bad an idea it would be...

Certainly Fastrack in the area is something that should never be considered, and perhaps the BBC involvement may prevent it happening anyway...[/wild speculation]

^ Nemesis1994 likes Benzin's post.

Yeah fastrack would kill the area and make it one of the slowest moving queues ever.Postman pat has very low capacity anyway.Tiny truckers goes to show low capacity+fastrack=Big Mistake.

To be fair to Towers their Fastrack quota has been reduced and they no longer sell at attraction entrances, so I think they are a little bit more responsible than Thorpe. They could look at a free virtual queue system to ease the pressure on the queues but I'm not sure it would work.

Hmm interesting. I'm not surprised that they are trialling some sort of system although I can see it causing some problems. You just know it will upset people who don't get tickets, and I bet there will be a long queue regardless.

So it's a bit like Thorpe are doing but without the silly smartphone restrictions.

Ironically as well it's just like the first (free) iteration of Towers Fastrack that they had! Hope that this helps to ease queues and appease customers though.