• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

CBeebies Land

Re: 2014: CBeebies Land

Financially it's between Merlin and the BBC. So it's unlikely we will hear any specific numbers at all. Although we do know how marketing like to throw in £££s in their press releases so there may be a minor chance of some number getting thrown out there.

I can see Alton Towers stating the cost in press releases. They usually state how a '£Xm investment' is set to open - and this would also probably be a good thing to state since they are floating soon.

Further details are likely to be very secret though such as the cost of the IP to the park and how much Towers must pay BBC Worldwide in royalties.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

Here are a couple of photos of the area, now covered in CBeebies banners and posters.
1394323_554327277971054_1053396496_n.jpg

1391915_552677478136034_1815021926_n.jpg

Also half the RiverBank Eye Spy themeing is now in the carnival maze (the outside section!)

I found the negative opinions interestingly pathetic tbh!

Why would anyone be against this? Does it damage the brand? No. Wasting money? I very much doubt the BBC have paid a single penny. Alton will be paying them in full for this, and I would expect this will come to light very readily.

I'm impressed, Alton have got the big brand, and as long as it comes to fruition with some big name characters and is continuously updated, then I think it will be a good addition.

I think it'd be better to reserve judgement until we see or hear of what the park has planned (regarding new rides, refurbs and theming additions, etc...) before saying anything too positive / negative regarding this development. It could be great, but it could easily be bland.

I'd have thought there'd be at least one new ride in the area. It seems odd for there to be a completely new family area yet it's literally just a direct retheme.

Alastair said:
I'd have thought there'd be at least one new ride in the area. It seems odd for there to be a completely new family area yet it's literally just a direct retheme.

I'm pretty sure they don't need planning permission for a number of rides no?

If they're trying to keep it all a secret, they might want to consider closing the squirrel nutty ride. I went on it yesterday and you can see a lot of what's going on behind the construction walls. Whilst it's just groundwork at the moment, it takes away a lot of the mystery. Although, are they going to retheme the squirrel nutty?

Squirrel Nutty is part of Storybook Land as opposed to Old McDonald's Farmyard so it will presumably remain untouched. As most of the work will happen over closed season I don't think anything of interest will be spotted in the next couple of weeks on the ride though (however, next year in March and April might be different!)

Whether the 'Land' will extend out into Storybook Land in the future remains to be seen though - and personally I think it probably will be changed if this proves popular.

If 2014 works out well I can see the rumoured kids roller coaster coming to Adventure Land and Storybook Land/Adventure Land merged into CBeebies Land.

It would make some sense as all three areas would work well as one.

James said:
If 2014 works out well I can see the rumoured kids roller coaster coming to Adventure Land and Storybook Land/Adventure Land merged into CBeebies Land.

I see this as the likely scenario. Obviously the farmyard is being rethemed this year but I believe that Cbeebies Land could be a two phase situation, with 2015 seeing the renovation of Storybook Land and possibly Adventure Land to make one, large kids' area. A junior coaster in 2015 would complete the investment, in my opinion.

James said:

I agree, although I think we will see what is currently Adventure Land become CBBC Land in in 2015. That would make sense and would explain partly why the press release hinted at future BBC developments at Towers.

:)

Actually that would make more sense, Rob! It would fit well too with CBBC land being a 'step up' from CBeebies Land, making the whole brand fit as something that appeals to all age groups up to 12 years.

Oh my that really brings it home I know people were sad at the black hole tent going but the ice tent in that area from 1992 has held the best memories for myself of the Towers I could not even describe how that makes me feel. The best family entertainment ever was held in that tent.And i hope one day great family entertainment will return one day.

pluk said:
Don't think I've seen this mentioned before...

http://www.bbc.co.uk...t-arts-24426915

Sesame Streets Cookie Monster and Elmo are joining CBeebies line up next year!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-24536119
I don't really think I says these characters will be featured in cbeebies land, just that they are having a new cbeebies show. It could be featured, however I don't think this is really proof.

Maya said:
pluk said:
Don't think I've seen this mentioned before...

http://www.bbc.co.uk...t-arts-24426915

Sesame Streets Cookie Monster and Elmo are joining CBeebies line up next year!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-24536119
I don't really think I says these characters will be featured in cbeebies land, just that they are having a new cbeebies show. It could be featured, however I don't think this is really proof.

He didn't say it was, he was just pointing it out! :)

Well, I'm kind of glad to see the Ice Tent go. Early preparations are always a good thing to see. What was the space down to be used for in the plans?