• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

CBeebies Land

Re: 2014: CBeebies Land

After seeing the CBeebies Land sign in person today I actually think it looks worse in person than it does on pictures. Sure it's bright and colourful although it looks very tacky.

However from what I could see the rest of the area looks amazing in person and better than pictures show.

Looks alright, the plain purple fence at the back of the show area is a bit of a let down though. :/

BenBowser said:
Looks alright, the plain purple fence at the back of the show area is a bit of a let down though. :/

It's pretty much exactly as it was on the plans though, I was expecting an even more boring colour. Plus if you are watching the show or taking pictures of characters you don't want the background to distract from the characters

Ride cars have been testing today on the Get Set Go! Treetop Adventure ride (Squirrel Nutty), they seem to be missing their blobs though, but i'm guessing these can be removed and will be added soon.

10297756_674785529258561_6800066181170451058_n.jpg

So the cars won't all be the same colour, that's nice!

:)

Again all of this is probably about 6 weeks old now, I don't ever dare get too hopeful about Merlin installations but it's exceeding it's expectations at the moment.

There was final work to the station and one car on the transfer on Saturday

:)

I like the individuality to the cars (well, the different colours at least :p) and the new wheel covers. It's actually looking like a nicely themed area from what we've seen so far.

Some foliage would look nice in front of the blue/purple fence. But it's not too bad, I was expecting something like bright white so it's quite kind on the eyes! The Get Set Go cars look nice!

Well I imagine the video was filmed at least a month ago (they would have all been done at the same time) so it could all look a lot different now, it looks very bland and empty in the video, I hope it has a bit more there now.

It is nice to see the entertainment creative manager on the video.

Posted by TowersStreet on Twitter, further theming is being added to Postman Pat:

BmYoixxIAAAvEfD.jpg:large

I actually think that's rather cute and a nice little touch.

Didn't realise that they had left over Driving School theming! ;)

I hope that grass gets plenty of water before May opening, it looks a little worse for wear.

I am surprised they have not put astroturf down to be honest, cheaper to maintain and clean.

I want to try and say something positive about this image, but sadly can not.

Ian

IanB said:
I hope that grass gets plenty of water before May opening, it looks a little worse for wear.

I am surprised they have not put astroturf down to be honest, cheaper to maintain and clean.

I want to try and say something positive about this image, but sadly can not.

Ian

I'd say them using real grass was a positive. All the astroturf they've used thusfar in the park (Ice Age) looks hideous. Since when has grass been fluorescent green?

Don't worry Cupcake, I am too ;)

It does look like a very good addition for children but understandable a lot of people are not excited as they will never visit this area or visit it once and never again.

P.S The pot hole is a nice touch ;) Britain's roads for you!

KingNemesis said:

It does look like a very good addition for children but understandable a lot of people are not excited as they will never visit this area or visit it once and never again.

*Alton's roads for you ;)

siralgenon said:
KingNemesis said:

*Alton's roads for you ;)

Well.. Yeah ;)