• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Cedar Point: General Discussion

I don't like it when parks make you put all of your bags in to a locker before you enter the queue line. I really don't like it when parks then force you to pay for this, even though you have no choice. Then I despise it when parks demand that ALL loose articles must go in to a locker and are not allowed to be taken in to the queue line.

I believe that there was an incident on Twisted Timbers at Kings Dominion that has resulted in this policy on both that and Steel Vengeance. But I do not see what is wrong with having phones and wallets secured inside zip pockets. Rollercoasters are not capable of magically unzipping them.

Let's hope that Cedar Point have enough locker capacity!

:)

I believe that there was an incident on Twisted Timbers at Kings Dominion that has resulted in this policy on both that and Steel Vengeance. But I do not see what is wrong with having phones and wallets secured inside zip pockets. Rollercoasters are not capable of magically unzipping them.
Roller coasters aren't but roller coaster riders are! Removing the risk (ie, the phone) is the belt and braces approach. A phone to the face on SV, Twisted Timbers, El Toro or any other ride with those sorts of forces would be the end of your teeth, that's for sure and that's perhaps the best case scenario!

I'm broadly supportive of it.

People just can't resist....

I do understand the thinking behind such policies, especially in the US whereby people will sue for anything. So parks have to cover themselves. It is just a pity that some people do not have common sense when it comes to loose articles on coasters.

And with regards to the video, that is one well built phone!

@Rob Agreed, I do wonder if your annual Cedar Point visitor would know exactly what they were letting themselves in for with something like Steel Vengeance - especially if they grew up with Mean Streak!

Not surprising when we were there they were trying to get people to leave everything behind in lockers unless they were wearing cargo style shorts with zipped pockets.

Quite a few hats seemed to manage to come out of pockets and one ride the guy in front of me managed to loose the sunglasses he was wearing complete with glasses strap.....

They were also enforcing a strict strict a no bags policy on rougarou and gatekeeper even though most people had to go and store shoes anyway so defeated the point.

If they had free lockers (like Universal) I wouldn't mind at all, but it's cheeky asking people to pay for a locker just to ride.

Is there a ban on glasses and hats in the queue? Because if so I would have a sunburnt head and sore eyes by the time I get off the ride.

SANDUSKY, OHIO - Some Cedar Point Steel Vengeance roller coaster riders were injured after police say someone threw hot sauce at them.

At 4 p.m. on Saturday, July 21, officers with the Sandusky Police Department say the hot sauce was thrown at the riders by someone waiting in line. When police arrived, Cedar Point EMS were treating seven injured passengers. One woman had to get her eyes flushed out.

Police were able to find the alleged hot sauce thrower after reviewing security camera footage and with the help of a witness who pointed out four young men she said were messing around with hot sauce packets by dropping some on the ground and stomping on them. She said she also saw one of them throw a packet at a moving coaster train.

https://www.mlive.com/travel/index.ssf/2018/07/hot_sauce_injures_steel_vengea.html

SANDUSKY, OHIO - Some Cedar Point Steel Vengeance roller coaster riders were injured after police say someone threw hot sauce at them.

At 4 p.m. on Saturday, July 21, officers with the Sandusky Police Department say the hot sauce was thrown at the riders by someone waiting in line. When police arrived, Cedar Point EMS were treating seven injured passengers. One woman had to get her eyes flushed out.

Police were able to find the alleged hot sauce thrower after reviewing security camera footage and with the help of a witness who pointed out four young men she said were messing around with hot sauce packets by dropping some on the ground and stomping on them. She said she also saw one of them throw a packet at a moving coaster train.

https://www.mlive.com/travel/index.ssf/2018/07/hot_sauce_injures_steel_vengea.html

And if you ever wonder why the guy who did the silly string nonsense at Chessie got banned (because filmed it and posted it on YouTube like every sensible idiot) then here's why...

Steel Vengeance is something else, the most ridiculous airtime I have experienced. I’ll post more upon my return from the US.

Maverick is also a superb coaster and by far the best multi launch that I have done.

The sheer amount of rides at Cedar Point is incredible.

Steel Vengeance is something else, the most ridiculous airtime I have experienced. I’ll post more upon my return from the US.

Maverick is also a superb coaster and by far the best multi launch that I have done.

The sheer amount of rides at Cedar Point is incredible.

Better than el toro?! SV. I mean

Not totally sure as we stayed at Breakers, but looks like it’s gone up to $20.