• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Cedar Point: General Discussion

^ not sure about that. RMC's look like wood but don't seem to ride like a traditional woodie.

Can see a large scale GCI fitting in nicely.

I love how this blog post crops up days after that poster, their marketing team sure know what they're up to. Looks like it's only a change to the station building though, and it is quite common for new coasters in US parks to use station buildings of former coasters..!

I think we're in for a fun 12 months or so.

:)

A good review and he sums up the ride pretty perfectly. Magnum is good fun but isn't in the same league as Steel Vengeance mind, so I don't really get that. I do get it though when he talks about the restrictive nature of the trains, they're not the most comfortable.

Looks like Steel Vengeance is going to have zip pouches retrofitted to the trains for the 2019 season which will bring an end to the ban on mobile phones being taken in to the queue line. It will no doubt cause additional faff in the station mind!

In other news, Cedar Point have announced two new food outlets coming to the park this year; Hugo’s Italian Kitchen and BackBeatQue. Both sound amazing!

Wow - stalling with guests on is not something you see every day! Cedar Point are really quite strict with their wind policy so you can only imagine the strong gusts came from nowhere. Although having said that, I do recall Gatekeeper running in poor weather last year when most other coasters were closed.

I bet they werre furious they were spited a TTD rollback but were given this oddity instead...

I'd imagine it would be pretty unpleasant bring stuck in those claustrophobic vest restraints. Must have been there for at least an hour.

Somehow forgot to post in here, visited the park for the first time since 2012 back at the start of the month and felt like it somehow had improved in all areas. Nicer food, hotel was better.

The atmosphere was great, plenty of excellent rides, the frontier town area is just wonderful to explore. Pity the festival started on my last day so I couldn't enjoy it as much as I'd like. The rides are clearly very well maintained, the staff are all excellent and friendly.

Was lucky enough to attend Coastermania and would highly recommend trying to attend it. Whilst the morning and evening (until 1.30am!) are great the undoubted highlight for me was the Coastermania Cruise on Lake Erie around the peninsula.

SANDUSKY, Ohio -- For the first time in its history, Cedar Point turned away visitors Saturday afternoon because the park got so crowded.

Just before 4 p.m., the park announced that the two roads leading into Cedar Point — Cedar Point Road and Cedar Point Drive — were temporarily closed due to standstill traffic. Park visitors who were already on the roadways were allowed to enter.

https://www.cleveland.com/business/...es-roads-into-the-park-because-of-crowds.html

Presumably not part of the plan with their uber cheap pass...

Hi everyone!

I'm very excited to have booked flights up to the US for Coastermania at CP next year. We are going to get plat passes and go for a mega trip over there including several CF park.
Planning to book (Bank)breakers because of its proximity meaning we can get more hours of sleep in with the ERT sessions starting do early and finishing so late. We are also looking at getting Fast Lane Plus for the non coaster mania day we are there so we can save needing a third day on park.

I have heard that if you wait till black Friday there are often sales on passes and breakers too but am concerned with coaster mania breakers may sell out for those dates before black Friday. What do you guys think?

I'd now say if you can afford it now to get it booked, God knows what could happen with the exchange rate in the next few weeks!

Also when you book on the website you can add however many days fast lane plus, food, drink, funpix you want for your stay.

Coastermania is brilliant but a very long day, about 19 hours this year, so staying in Breakers is ace for popping back for a lie down. Despite all the ert sessions the highlight for me was the cruise on Lake Erie.

Excited to be visiting again myself next year for Coastermania as well.

I'd now say if you can afford it now to get it booked, God knows what could happen with the exchange rate in the next few weeks!

Also when you book on the website you can add however many days fast lane plus, food, drink, funpix you want for your stay.

Coastermania is brilliant but a very long day, about 19 hours this year, so staying in Breakers is ace for popping back for a lie down. Despite all the ert sessions the highlight for me was the cruise on Lake Erie.

Excited to be visiting again myself next year for Coastermania as well.

Cheers. We have decided to go for breakers as it's pretty useful for the long day that mania is over. Managed to get the AP discount too which knocks 10 percent off. Only issue is we will probably arrive at breakers before our APs are collected so hopefully the will accept our order confirmation for proof we hold a platinum ap!

"One, two, three, four, five. You're outta here guys, get ready to fly. Don't forget to kick the sky"

"If it ain't a shoe, it's gotta ride witchoo"

"All clear, you're out of here, flying at the speed of fear"

"There goes the floor, you're out the door - enjoy your ride on Raptor"

Could the UK pull off such poetry, or would it just be cheesy? We do have so few 'live' announcements these days.