• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Cedar Point: General Discussion

I would think with the number of B&M's Cedar Fairs have bought lately and that they will be continuing to buy more in the future that, they maybe getting some sort of discount or on a good pricing terms.

So if it is true and it does happen it sounds like it will be the biggest and best B&M Dive Machine to date. However is it me or does the cost of $15 million (just under £10 million) seem a little cheap for such a huge coaster? Maybe we are just too used to Merlin's dramatically inflated prices taking everything including marketing into account.

:)

Not sure about the best, what's Oblivion's seat width? (Never mind just counted lol) - So this is like a longer Oblivion car?

Sounds high and fast! Still not sure about the need for inversions afterwards, but my thought on that is, if you're using it as a Dive Coaster and it's not a big focal point like Oblivion then I get it. Still not convinced it would add massively to the experience though.

Not sure about the best, what's Oblivion's seat width? (Never mind just counted lol) - So this is like a longer Oblivion car?

Sounds high and fast! Still not sure about the need for inversions afterwards, but my thought on that is, if you're using it as a Dive Coaster and it's not a big focal point like Oblivion then I get it. Still not convinced it would add massively to the experience though.

Yeah, sounds like the trains would be like SheiKra's when it opened. If Cedar Point are getting one I am a tad surprised that they are not going to ten across cars. Will be interesting to see if it's floorless also, maybe it won't be considering the modifications to Mantis.

The layout after the drop would add to it though. Griffon is superior to Oblivion.

Griffon is fantastic. The sheer height is quite something and the drop is bigger than Oblivion's. The drop on Oblivion is possibly better than Griffon's because of the tunnel but as an overall coaster Griffon is better. There are some nice pops of floater airtime on the back row at various points in the ride.

So if it is true and it does happen it sounds like it will be the biggest and best B&M Dive Machine to date. However is it me or does the cost of $15 million (just under £10 million) seem a little cheap for such a huge coaster? Maybe we are just too used to Merlin's dramatically inflated prices taking everything including marketing into account.

Don't forget that the track is made just down the road at Clermont, so there will be virtually no transport costs included!

I'd like to see what the other options are, Coasterforce are thinking a possible Mean Streak RMC'ing is a possibility!

Don't forget that the track is made just down the road at Clermont, so there will be virtually no transport costs included!

I'd like to see what the other options are, Coasterforce are thinking a possible Mean Streak RMC'ing is a possibility!

Good point. That and the multi-deals Cedar Fair probably have will help to bring the price down.

Any chance of giving an old coaster the RMC treatment depends on how long Six Flags have that exclusivity deal for.

RMC did a Q&A on their Facebook and said Six Flags don't have any exclusivity deal and any park could have a conversion done if they asked for it!

Reactions: Rob
I love Griffon too! Pops of airtime! The width of the trains!

My favourite dive machine!

RMC did a Q&A on their Facebook and said Six Flags don't have any exclusivity deal and any park could have a conversion done if they asked for it!

Ooh ok, I didn't see that. Interesting, wonder where the whole exclusivity thing even came from then. Was probably because only Six Flags seemed interested in doing them!

Reactions: Dar
No one likes a know-it-all :D
People like you though? ;) :p </joke>

Plus, it's not being a know-it-all when it's public knowledge! :p

n1jT6zy.png

Not really the topic for this but I'm reading through the Q&A (it's very interesting) and they confirmed that they are in discussions (at least) about one or more coasters in either the UK or Europe, apart from Wildfire!

Reactions: Dar
It'd be great to see an extended dive machine. Thought it was weird how despite them now having bigger shuttles they still all have short layouts, doesn't need to just be drop, inversion, mid-course breaks when you have 24-30 riders per train.

Just jumping back to the Mantis conversation for a moment. It looks like some of the parts for the retracting floor have arrived on site.
B70yCbVCUAArju7.jpg

Many Cedar Point fans want the park to give Mean Streak (which apparently is not good at all) the RMC treatment. However as the park do not seem to want to oblige right now, a fan has decided to design one themselves in No Limitis 2:

Got to admit that looks pretty awesome!

The new trains for Rougarou, courtesy of Point Buzz:

1263.jpg

1262.jpg

I like!

I admire the bloke who picks the colours for Cedar Fair's coasters :p

Here's an update from Cedar Point's webcam of clearing that has been taking place in preparation for the expected 2016 addition:

11148236_10204258144360299_1992320041_o.jpg