• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Cedar Point: General Discussion

Considering this is taken from a track angle POV and not the guest's eye level, that station head chopper is going to be immense:

1702547743770.png
That does look amazing. It will definitely be a great part of the ride, and something that TTD 2 offers that the original didn't have.

My current favourite head chopper has to be the valley after El Toro's first drop. But crikey would this take the biscuit! Even knowing all the clearance envelope stuff, there is no way I could ride this and not dip my arms at least a little haha.

3rd January blog update.

Says there now concentrating on the ride area now the initial testing is complete.

Good selection of new photos as well, can't believe how close the station track is to the spike track. Though they're about to build some sort of fencing between the two.

Latest update from the park, quite a short one detailing the work being done to the station building.

Also saw for 2024 the parks Fast Lane+ offering for $99 will only get you 1 go on Top Thrill 2 alongside unlimited usage on the other attractions. Six Flags Great America did the same on their Flash Pass for Maxx Force of just 1 queue jump on that ride per day when I visited in 2022. (Kondaa at Walibi Belgium also did the same)

It's up to $199 for FL+ depending on date of visit. Plus tax.

I've always thought it odd that Cedar Fair only offer the equivalent of Towers' platinum FT. You either get unlimited all day priority access to everything (or nearly everything for a lower price) or nothing at all. I just want to avoid the 2hr waits for Maverick and SteVe but apparently that'll cost $165 + tax when I'm there.

It's up to $199 for FL+ depending on date of visit. Plus tax.

I've always thought it odd that Cedar Fair only offer the equivalent of Towers' platinum FT. You either get unlimited all day priority access to everything (or nearly everything for a lower price) or nothing at all. I just want to avoid the 2hr waits for Maverick and SteVe but apparently that'll cost $165 + tax when I'm there.
Makes you realise that Towers platinum is a decent price

Latest Top Thrill 2 video from Cedar Point.

Focuses on them getting everything ready for the signage to go in.

But more importantly shows Tony Clark riding it with mixed footage of a pov and rider cams.

Have to say it looks like the initial launch takes you a decent amount of the way up the tower, and that head chopper when coming back down the reverse spike!