• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Cedar Point: General Discussion

Rumour is a family broadwalk area much like they added at knotts in 2013. With some classic style family flats and small wild mouse coaster (with name possible linking back to the wild cat coaster they previously had).

That would be nice, so long as any wild mouse coaster does not have the horrendous shin destroying leg guards like the one at Knotts.

Can't help but feel Cedar Point are due a new major coaster mind. Maybe they are waiting to decide on what they are going to do with Top Thrill Dragster.

I'd be amazed if the straight track would be long enough to fit enough LSMs to power TTD to the 120mph it needs to get over the top hat.

The one on Red Force seems just as long but only reaches about 100mph.

That would be nice, so long as any wild mouse coaster does not have the horrendous shin destroying leg guards like the one at Knotts.

Can't help but feel Cedar Point are due a new major coaster mind. Maybe they are waiting to decide on what they are going to do with Top Thrill Dragster.
I really loved Coast Rider, what's your problem?
(Read: heaviest dose of sarcasm ever. SEND. IN. THE BULLDOZERS)

I'd love to see a new coaster but I must admit to feeling reserved on the matter. Small plot, not a whisper of anything being teased...? TTD site would make much more sense for a new installation!

All the buzz seems to be that Psycho Mouse (Arrow Mouse) from CGA will be coming to Cedar Point for 2023 as part of the development on the former Wicked Twister site. Feels a bit unlikely to me.

Someone posted something somewhere appearing to show a construction permit for the ride in Sandusky (lots of discussion as to whether it’s real or not).

I am sure they will do something nice with that space though.

Just back from spending 3 days at the point. Still a great feeling when you drive over the causeway and see the skyline.

Have to say the food offering continues to improve the farm house in the frontier town area (that replaced one of the antique cars rides) was fantastic.

Maverick seemed to have taken dragsters crown for downtime which was a massive pity. Still an excellent ride though.

Vengeance is still thoroughly breathtaking on every ride.

Coaster wise the line up is strong enough to cope without dragster, but what's usually a really lively part of the midway was quite quiet and sad every time you walked past it.

Hopefully not a sign of things to come but they had new t shirts with rides listed in a checklist style without Dragster listed.

I hope I'm wrong, but you have to think that TTD has thrilled its last riders now and will be on the way out of the park sooner rather than later (taking it down will be fun mind). It's been a long while now since Cedar Point got a major coaster; an iconic skyline changing replacement for TTD is hopefully being planned, perhaps for 2024.

Wouldn't be at all surprised to see them replace it relatively like for like. Go for world's tallest coaster and with a more reliable type of launch.

Cedar Point have today announced The Boardwalk, a new area for 2023:

In terms of what this entails:
  • There will be a new spinning wild mouse coaster named Wild Mouse, in homage to the Wild Mouse coaster from Cedar Point’s past.
  • Scrambler and Matterhorn are being relocated.
  • Tiki Twirl is being renamed Calypso.
  • Troika is getting a new paint job and new lighting.
  • A new food venue named the Cedar Point Pavilion is being built.
Looks nice, in my opinion! Having a new family thrill coaster being installed at Cedar Point for the first time since Woodstock Express in 1999 should be beneficial, and all the other work looks good as well!

In better news (more rumours at this point) A Dragster return looks to back on the cards most likely in 2023.

Have to say as amazing as SteVe was.....Dragster was definitely more intimidating and also basically the focal point for the park.

In an update, it appears that Wild Mouse will be a Zamperla Twister Coaster Freeform: https://www.zamperla.com/products/twister-coaster/

The stats of this model are as follows:
  • Length: 1,312ft/400m
  • Height: 52ft/15.8m
  • Footprint: 51m*27m/167ft*88.5ft
  • Speed: 27mph/45kph
  • Height Restriction: 42”/105cm
  • Theoretical Capacity (assuming 47 second load/unload): 680pph
  • Trains: 7 cars with 4 passengers in each

Interesting as CP strikes me as a place where a wild mouse would really struggle capacity wise
I think at Cedar Point, this ride will likely fall into a more peripheral role rather than being a star attraction, so I’m not sure capacity will be quite as important here as it would be at a park with less high throughput star attractions.

I was very much in denial this would happen until an official confirmation was given; a huge shame really. Glad I got the chance to ride it.

Assuming it does go, would be a shame to see one of the most iconic coasters of any early 2000s enthusiasts formative years closed for good.

But it's been struggling and problematic for years so is understandable. Just wish I'd done front row on it.

The tweet seems to suggest a possibility that the park could be “reviving” it in the form of a TTD Mk2, if you like (I found the use of “as you know it” very interesting).

I am somewhat sad about this (I was very keen to ride it!), but I must admit that I’m not 100% surprised after the events of the last year or so. It should also be noted that the ride was allegedly somewhat unreliable even when it did operate.

I can sense that this ride will now be topping a number of “favourite defunct coaster” lists…

RIP Top Thrill Dragster 2003-2021

I'm not really surprised given that TTD has been problematic for years, but still a shame. Was on my bucket list for sure.

It does sound like they're not completely removing it though. New launch system and new theme maybe?