• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Cedar Point - Goodbye Disaster Transport, Hello Gatekeeper

They look shockingly bad...

Like, there isn't even a word to describe how bad they look...

Thank-you Merlin for putting effort into theming your WingRider trains...

I don't think I can even put into words how damn ugly those trains are!! Seriously, one plain, single colour (an awful colour too might I add!) with no pattern/texture what so ever! They look awful! When you look at the logo, they had sooo much to play with in terms of potential 3D/texture, but they are just so bland!

GateKeeperLogo.jpg

I know they look exactly the same as what was shown in the concept art, but even they look better seeing as they are actually golden, not this horrible off/shiny brown colour!!

Still, I guess they're not the worst Wing-Coaster trains... Yes that's right, I'm looking at you X-Flight -_-

SFGAM-5-10-2012-X-Flight-34.jpg

And I thought Wild Eagle was bad!

I really think with B&M's Wingwalkers it's important to cover as much of that skeletal metal chassis as possible. I mean look at every other design B&M has ever created. They all have fancy fibreglass and plastic shells to hide the wheel assemblies and the frame of the train. But with these so many parks seem to be opting for a minimal approach, and if you ask me it really harms the aesthetics of the ride. B&M's look solid and well built. But then you see the train flying around on ones like this and it looks like it's a test car!

I really hope B&M revises it's approach to customising these trains to ensure they always look as high quality and polished as the rest of their products :/

My inner enthusiast glows when I see three flanges on one support tube. And that track spine perfectly complements the darker colour of the rails and track ties. It contrasts well with the sky, and provides a bit of blue in a horrible grey sky. The supports are just so lovely and white and clean and...and...so well flanged.

Or is this just me?

I know there is a lot of it around now, and we can discuss their coasters all day long - however, you just cannot deny how absolutely stunning B&M track is.

It looks like it has been hewn from entire planets!

I reckon their bending technique is kept secret, as it is actually Mr B or M whom bends it with their bare hands!

Now now, don't be daft. We all know there is only one man on Earth with the guns to bend track, and he's retiring this year.

Not much for the red on the trains of Gatekeeper:
IMAG0228a.jpg

IMAG0231a(1).jpg

Is this not going to clash a little with the two-tone track, considering there's also the gold on the trains too.

And I'm not sure about these either:
IMAG0235a.jpg

Images taken from Cedar Point's Blog.

Oh, and there's some new images here taken of the park from a plane.

From Cedar Point's blog, the Gatekeeper plaza:

cpblog0012.jpg

cpblog0013.jpg

cpblog0014.jpg

Looks nice, but a bit anti-climactic, squashed under one of Wicked Twister's towers. Also, that looks like one hella cattlepen at the back there.

Cedar Fair, making Merlin's Burger Kitchen's look positively unique and obscenely themed...

Seriously though, it's so bland, generic, and just there really... Meh...

Who cares? The ride looks better than anything we could ever dream of in this country. :'(

Theme is pointless when you are that high up. What are you going to do, paint the clouds?

Sure, the queue looks like an arse of a cattle pen, but the ride itself looks brilliant.

It's Cedar Fair, was you seriously expecting this ride to be heavily themed like Swarm's is? The queueline and the main plaza look bland and very uninspiring and horrid.

On a plus note, I love the layout of the ride and it definitely looks awesome.

Another interesting thing about this coaster that the price tag is $30,000,000. Which is roughly over £19million. It's amazing how this coaster is more expensive than swarm even though it has no themeing. Although saying that the coaster is larger.