• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Channel 4 2018 Alton Towers Documentary

To be honest, at this point, I'm probably not going to go forward with their request to use my footage. In my very first reply to them I requested payment for use of any clips and they said they weren't able to do so for whatever reason. They also havn't made it easy for me (even if I did agree to do it for free) by basically just saying "send us as much stuff as possible and we'll decide what we want to use". Not worth my time at all really under these conditions so I'm sure they'll be able to find some material somewhere else. A shame really as I wouldn't have minded helping too much but they've made it pretty much as hard as they could for me to do so. Nevermind :)

I still hope you can post it on pond5 or stock site in the future. I regularly sell footage i have captured and make a few £1000 a year! Its a nice income stream that just pops up now anf then. It maybe worth other people to do the same if you can get all the leagal permissions.

I still hope you can post it on pond5 or stock site in the future. I regularly sell footage i have captured and make a few £1000 a year! Its a nice income stream that just pops up now anf then. It maybe worth other people to do the same if you can get all the leagal permissions.

Will defo be having a look into it. Cheers buddy :)

Some mroe details of the documentary have been posted online by Channel 4:
Channel 4 said:
Alton Towers (title TBC)

A one off documentary will go behind the scenes at Alton Towers, the UK’s biggest theme park as they launch their multi-million pound new rollercoaster, Wickerman. Eagerly awaited by rollercoaster enthusiasts as the first wooden rollercoaster in 21 years with a structure that appears to set on fire, this is also Alton Tower’s first new ride since The Smiler accident in 2015. We follow the team at Alton Towers as they work around the clock getting Wickerman ready for the big launch when the park re-opens this March.

Commissioning Editor: Charlotte Desai

Producer /Director: Michael Ogden

Executive Producer: Katie Buchanan

Prod Co: Films of the Record

:)

Where did you find this out, out of interest?

Really looking forward to it; is it just one episode or will there be multiple?
It was posted by a user on Coasterforce. Apparently it was reported by The Sun, but I can't actually find any info about it online. Not sure about how many episodes. :)

Edit: this wasn't actually reported by The Sun. The guy was talking about the real sun... :oops:

Last edited:
Apparently the documentary is to be called "Inside Alton Towers" and will start on Thursday 12th July at 9pm. :)
According to Virgin Tivo TV guide that looks ahead 14 days it's not on that day:

eqjmvIj.jpg

I've also set up a wishlist search on the Tivo to find any programs with Alton Towers in it's title or description and there is nothing in the next 2 weeks at the moment.

According to Virgin Tivo TV guide that looks ahead 14 days it's not on that day:

eqjmvIj.jpg

I've also set up a wishlist search on the Tivo to find any programs with Alton Towers in it's title or description and there is nothing in the next 2 weeks at the moment.

Cruises from hell = a picture of the bloke from the Full Monty,....interesting

Nah, the only thing than can rival Wickerman for reliability is the Virgin EPG, it'll probably update, about 20 minutes after the episode has aired.