• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

ChatGPT and AI

Jordan

TS Contributor
OpenAI have released a beta of online chatbot using the GPT-3 AI. What better way to test it out than to ask it to write the media release for everybody's favourite Halloween spectacular, Barlow's Horror Nights:

Europa-Park is thrilled to announce a special extended Halloween event - Barlow's Horror Nights! This spooky celebration will be hosted by none other than Take That's Gary Barlow and will feature three major scare attractions themed around the band's music.

From October 22nd to November 1st, Europa-Park will be transformed into a nightmare world inspired by the eerie soundscapes of Take That. Guests will have the chance to experience three immersive haunted houses - each one bringing to life a different hit song from the band.

The first attraction, "The Flood", will transport visitors to a post-apocalyptic world inspired by the band's epic 2010 hit. The second attraction, "Pray", will take guests on a journey through a haunted church and graveyard, inspired by Take That's 1994 single. And the third attraction, "Back for Good", will see guests facing their fears in a twisted carnival filled with terrifying clowns, inspired by the band's 1995 hit.

In addition to the scare attractions, Barlow's Horror Nights will feature live performances from Gary Barlow and other Take That members, as well as special Halloween-themed food and beverage options throughout the park.

Don't miss your chance to experience the ultimate Halloween event, only at Europa-Park's Barlow's Horror Nights. Tickets are now on sale and can be purchased online at europapark.de.

Scarily accurate!

You can try it yourself.

It's genuinely scary stuff - it can write entire sections of code by itself with only absolutely minimal guidance. And it'll only improve with time 😳

I've been using this now with work. I am genuinely stunned, shocked and excited.

My productivity is now up by 10x thanks to this. No joke. In certain cases I can now do the work of 10 people thanks to this technology. This number will be even higher in years to come.

Providing you approach it with caution, it can genuinely improve productivity in software development by huge margins. I am excited to see where else it will improve productiviy or things in general, in theory, you can use this technology for anything.

This technology is absoloutly going to help solve the massive shortage of software developers and it is also going to help create software so complex, that humans would struggle to write the code. The exiting thing is, writing code is just one of billions of use cases for this technology.

This is only going to improve with time too, Microsoft is incorporating ChatGDT into Bing Search right now, then eventually Windows too, with a brand new GPT powerd co pilot. Infact, their brand new Edge browser, that is powered by ChatGPT for co pilot and AI search is in preview right now. This is going to make Edge the best browser bar non. Full release is expected very soon within a month or two.

It is going to re shape the web massively, bigger than how mobile and cloud re shaped the web. Google search is now in danger due to this partnership with Microsoft, the first time their search has been threatened in 20 years. Judging by the red letters they have sent out internally, they know it too. It cannot be understated how revolutionary this technology is going to be for search. Googles days as the number one search are now limited.

There are a few times in your lifetime where a technology comes along that has the potential to change almost every aspect of your life. AI in general is one of those technologies. With ChatGPT being a breakthrough that has real world benefits.....this is quite a large moment in history. Without a doubt.

The web and lots of things are going to change hugely in the coming years thanks to this breakthrough. Hugely exciting time to be in tech right now.

I would encourage anyone to have a go and just chat to it about anything. It can hold a very good conversation that is for sure. It also taught me that my hometown has one of the oldest postboxes in Britain. Something I did not know and is not too well known.

Last edited:
The machines are taking over the asylum.
Been a lot of chat about it on the SABRE roads site.
It is hell in the academic assessment boards for degree essay marking at the moment!

The machines are taking over the asylum.
Been a lot of chat about it on the SABRE roads site.
It is hell in the academic assessment boards for degree essay marking at the moment!

It's pretty easy to move with the times if they want to - but do they? Introducing oral aspects of assessments and exams or good old fashioned exam halls.

Chatbot heading towards next weeks word of the week.
Two articles spotted today, used to generate an appeal letter for dodgy parking, and discussion online about a song in the style of Bob Dylan...amateurish and not really of his style apparently.

Latest academic news...Oxbridge says no to chatbots, 8 of the top 20 say no chatbots...others take a more "holistic" view, permitted if sourced, esp. for biographies, appendices and references.
Int Bac. says they are ok.
All good fun!

I dread to think mate.
But I'm about as far from Oxbridge as you can get, I couldn't even find the place on a map!

My experience of universities they say "don't do this and don't do that" but in reality have very little in the way of enforcement/checking!

The more I've used it over the past couple of weeks, the more I've come to pick up on the obvious ChatGPT usage traits. It's very repetitive/similar in its opening statements and conclusions, so it's a long way off being fully dependable without that human touch. With that said, the more I've experimented with it, the more frightening/amazing it becomes.

Chatgpt is an amazing tool with some great features, I've used it to assist with a variety of things as well as making it write funny stories and things like that. Having it implemented with bing will quickly make bing incredibly powerful.

So ChatGPT is due to be built into Windows 11 / Bing in this months upcoming Windows 11 update. It will be accessible directly from the search button on the task bar. I believe by means of linking you to the Bing Chat website.

Some users already have this update, for the rest, it will be rolled out this month. It is branded under the Bing brand, but it is ChatGPT, something which Microsoft have a big part invested in.

I believe but am not certain, that similar functionality will be available in Windows 10 at some point.

I've saved a great deal of work this week creating a new but pretty substantial .js parsing engine. Most of the components are written by ChatGPT, with me doing the assembly, final authoring, testing and what not of the code. Saved me writing nearly 50,000 lines of computer code. Is my job at risk? Doubt it, computer programming is one of the most in demand jobs going. While it can write code, doing it totally on it's own is a long way off. Right now, it has the ability to hugely increase productivity of people. Mitigating the massive labour shortage. Never say never though.

Last edited:
How much do you think this is going to negatively effect Google as a brand and its value? I'm aware that Google are trying to do something similar but I don't know an awful lot about it. I take an interest in the stock market so it's interesting to get the opinion of people who work with such technology.

How much do you think this is going to negatively effect Google as a brand and its value? I'm aware that Google are trying to do something similar but I don't know an awful lot about it. I take an interest in the stock market so it's interesting to get the opinion of people who work with such technology.

A bit somewhat but how much is unclear at this point. Google do innovate in AI, but they seem to have missed the ball quite a bit in this regard and boy to they know it. Bing will become the most advance and powerful search within the coming month. It remains to see what the adoption rate will be though, Google is still the number one in terms of usage. But Bing will soon be more powerful, if that makes any sense.

Last edited:
Seems like the new Bing with what is basically ChatGPT built in is now releasing to the general public. It was closed beta previously.

Download from above. It will automatically send you to the correct store / site depending on your device.

Seems like it is now integrated into my search bar on Windows 11 after an update too.

As for what is next.....this sounds interesting some what.
Screenshot_20230314_185448_Facebook.jpg

Let's be fair to ChatGPT though,
  1. It is not a text generator. The AI does generate text yes, but two VERY different things.
  2. It is already doing certain things WAY better than humans, that is before it has gone sentient.
Can I ask, what unique IP content have you seen from AI which suggests it will not work and will not work well? I will wait. I do not see any reason why AI wont be able to be relied on for unique IP content, it is no different from asking a human to create unique AI content. It is doing wonders already in other areas of creativity such as photo / video creation and song writing, to name a few. No reason why this will be different.

I am not saying go out and make all your business decisions with AI. But it is good to see companies who are forward thinking and planning ahead with AI, because it is about to become massive everywhere, in most businesses. Trust me, when I say that large companies who are not looking at AI technologies now, will be left obsolete and in the dust in a few years time.

The human race has just transitioned this last year from the information age into the knowledge age.

Last edited:
I think the burden of proof sits with the developers and advocates in unproven areas, not the sceptics.

Technologists over-stating their case is nothing new, refer to nuclear fusion and hydrogen power. A lot of blockchain and crypto people have gone quiet as well recently haven't they.

Big change may be coming, but the proof is in the pudding. In the meantime, all these tech companies have earned quite a lot of money from the hysteria and panic, without really proving anything.