• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Chessington World of Adventures Resort

The money I save on fuel and tax by using an 11 plate diesel still offsets these charges by some margin.

It's amazing to think the government were actively trying to get people to drive diesels 10 years ago and now they're the scurge of the road.

The money I save on fuel and tax by using an 11 plate diesel still offsets these charges by some margin.

It's amazing to think the government were actively trying to get people to drive diesels 10 years ago and now they're the scurge of the road.
Dieselgate (which I'm not condoning) was used as a smokescreen (excuse the pun) to turn on Diesels. The science about NoX was always there and cheating emissions tests was commonplace and everyone knew about it really, they just needed a German car manufacturer to be the fall guys. They still use less fuel and produce less carbon emissions than Petrol vehicles and are less environmentally damaging to produce and have far longer lives than electric vehicles. All 3 are not the future of transport.

Now being told that making the odious Elon Musk even richer is the way forward. When the batteries degrade and no one can get anywhere and we start looking into the stuff that goes into those batteries in 10/15 years time they'll probably turn on them eventually as well.

Anyway, if the government think diesels are so evil, then why did they cut back the electrification of the Great Western mainline from Exeter St David's to Bristol Temple Meads? One can only assume that the lungs of those in North Wiltshire and the Home Counties are more important than those of the rest of us.

Whilst this chat is lovely and all, this is a topic about Chessington not about the costs of driving and the benefits/downfalls of the ULEZ etc.

Please could we get back discussion about Chessington. Everyone’s fine to discuss the impact of the ULEZ on the resort, but let’s leave the discussion about the rest to other topics :)

There's a lot of leccy gubbins for it to only serve as brake.

Maybe, one of my biggest bugbears in these vlog updates is that often don't have the time nor inclination to sit through it. Can't zoom in either.

Either way, a booster or trim doesn't fill me with much more hope on this one.