• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Chessington World of Adventures Resort

Shame that the coaster isn't themed to the mission in the first film, you know, when they are returning the Jaguar gem to the Jaguar Shrine (the main story of the first Dwayne Johnson film)? The coaster wrapping around the Jaguar shrine always suggested that this would be the story theme, but I guess that the park wanted a generic animal theme as always.

Oh well. At least the coaster doesn't have a typical doom and gloom theme and is quite colourful and exotic.

I don't think that the IP for this is going to leave Chessington. Merlin have a universal agreement with Sony to roll out Jumanji themed rides across their parks in Europe and North America, so they have the IP exclusively in those regions. I would expect that they have the financing behind them to keep the IP in their portfolio of parks.

I am surprised that the rides in the new Jumanji area don't have more Jumanji-integrated names.

Last edited:
I certainly think a start of the season opening is plausible myself.

I heard that they’ve been growing trees and plants for the area off-site to save time so that they can put them in quickly, and seeing as they already have some theming in place, I definitely think they could install the remainder of the theming in 3 months.

Also, with the ride track nearly complete, I certainly imagine that they could test it adequately in 2-3 months.