• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Chessington World of Adventures Resort

Given that this is Chessington, it'll just be yet another "Loads of Empty Seats: The Ride"

Maybe I'm being too harsh on them. They might have deliberately gone for 3 across seating so that when they inevitably slap a weight limit on it a few years down the line that prevents them from fully loading, it'll barely make any difference to the actual capacity.
Being harsh on Merlin for anything has become as common as muck. Honestly, I'm surprised that Merlin haven't done a Disney and start gaslighting those who criticise the work for being a 'toxic fanbase'. :p

That's because being harsh is generally true.
I'm not saying that isn't the truth, what I'm saying is often some pushback from creators trying to say why they're right and why we're wrong for hating it, even if we probably have legit reasons and not for being some unpleaseable toxic fanbase.

The day you see Merlin trying to pull off a PR campaign to try and lambast all those who think how they do things is wrong is when you know they've lost the plot, even if they had already years ago.

Jumanji 1.png

I really like the themed end to the track. But something about being held at that angle with those restraints doesn't sound too comfortable..

Jumanji 7.png

The truck does indeed look like the operator cabin theming from Ripsaw. Nice to see a blast from the past!

Not sure how I feel about shipping containers being brought back to the Merlin parks but I guess it was only a matter of time until they made a comeback....

SOURCE
1671828511391.png

It's nice to see more than just metal going into the station building, but it's not really feeling very fantastical and adventurous to me in a way that a Jumanji themed land should.

1671828620958.png

Final track piece?

SOURCE

Last edited:
Are those brakes for holding, or just for slowing the train should it be launched too quickly and be hurtling toward the end cap ?

Are those brakes for holding, or just for slowing the train should it be launched too quickly and be hurtling toward the end cap ?
Hopefully there'll be plenty of hurtling on this ride.

Unsure mind.

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Like most shuttle coasters, I'd assume that it will have overspeed protection in place. that means that if the computer senses that the train is going too fast and could hit the stopper, it will automatically apply the e-stop before that happens.

Reactions: Tom
To be honest if the jaguar doesn't play an important part of the coaster's story then the brakes probably won't hold the train at the top.

I originally assumed that the coaster would be themed to a quest to return the jaguar gem, so a holding brake would have made sense for this to allow riders to enjoy a brief show scene on the jaguar.

Since we now know that the ride has a generic mandrill theme, I think we can actually discount there being any holding brake on the spike, as it no longer strikes me as the kind of coaster that would carry an immersive story.

So I retract my statement about there being a holding brake. It probably is just to slow the train down.

A spot of recycling here from Merlin. It looks like the front of the vehicle that was the Ripsaw op cabin has been installed in the Jumanji area as theming.

From: https://twitter.com/themeparkguide/status/1606336557736247296?s=46&t=z-StAWZbOe4ZWoM-ELEawQ

Damn, that confirms no return of Ripsaw to Towers then. :(
We already knew Pinfari was mad, you don't have to reinforce this! ;)
TBF, their inverter coaster was actually good; a baby SLC that was actually smooth and had a pretty good throughput...it's just that it was owned by scumbags M&D's and then...

Good grief, they don't have time for any holding if they want to be above 500 people an hour.

Also, we're still waiting for confirmation of the clever way around capacity on a shuttle coaster Wardley mentioned...
I wonder whether the “clever way” is actually just B&M offering a shuttle wing coaster at all? Other manufacturers that offer shuttles have all used 2 across seating so the wing coaster does double that capacity right away

Reactions: Tom
I wonder whether the “clever way” is actually just B&M offering a shuttle wing coaster at all? Other manufacturers that offer shuttles have all used 2 across seating so the wing coaster does double that capacity right away
It doesn’t increase the physical number of seats, though; the stock model Vekoma Boomerang has 28 riders per train, while this will have 24 according to the Noise Impact Assessment…

There were a few rumours about increasing capacity, back to back seating was one, especially with it being a shuttle coaster, and also some kind of seats above the track as well, but not sure how that would practically work.

There were a few rumours about increasing capacity, back to back seating was one, especially with it being a shuttle coaster, and also some kind of seats above the track as well, but not sure how that would practically work.
It was said that B&M had 'solved the capacity problem of shuttle coasters' with this ride, but so far I'm not sure how.