• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Chessington World of Adventures Resort

Swarm began testing in January didn’t it? It’s opened on time from memory.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

While a weekday in general would make sense, I can't see that particular weekday being all the way in May when construction is now at such an advanced stage. The flats are being installed, the track is nearing completion, trees have been planted and the coaster's station has mostly taken shape.

I agree that the price rise could well be that it's the beginning of summer though.

Last edited:
Why did they make it Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson themed though? What happens when the licensing rights run out?

I’ll still be pissed if The Rock doesn’t show up on opening day.

Attachments

• B4D9D55A-B2AB-40E7-B924-2F986511AD84.jpeg
    B4D9D55A-B2AB-40E7-B924-2F986511AD84.jpeg
    386.2 KB · Views: 36
Given that this is Chessington, it'll just be yet another "Loads of Empty Seats: The Ride"

Maybe I'm being too harsh on them. They might have deliberately gone for 3 across seating so that when they inevitably slap a weight limit on it a few years down the line that prevents them from fully loading, it'll barely make any difference to the actual capacity.

Given that this is Chessington, it'll just be yet another "Loads of Empty Seats: The Ride"

Maybe I'm being too harsh on them. They might have deliberately gone for 3 across seating so that when they inevitably slap a weight limit on it a few years down the line that prevents them from fully loading, it'll barely make any difference to the actual capacity.
How cynical 😂

But sadly, probably accurate ultimately.

I understand the budget options given the current climate, the stingy allocation of funds by Merlin and the fact they’ve splashed out (however unnecessarily) on a B&M coaster… but it’s a sad state of affairs. Seconded… fingers crossed they work.

Well it’s better than whatever Alton towers are doing with the rusty old blade, that somehow still delivers thrills, and rust infected cuts

3 across is a bit weird. Though maybe if there ends up being a "kids must sit on the inside rule" it'll make family groups easier to split up?

Love the assumption that otsrs mean a thrill ride when don't all of that ride type have them due to the seat design?

3 across is a bit weird. Though maybe if there ends up being a "kids must sit on the inside rule" it'll make family groups easier to split up?

Love the assumption that otsrs mean a thrill ride when don't all of that ride type have them due to the seat design?
Remember that the lap bar version also has three seats per row though. I think it's standard across this ride type.