• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Chessington World of Adventures Resort

There were a few rumours about increasing capacity, back to back seating was one, especially with it being a shuttle coaster, and also some kind of seats above the track as well, but not sure how that would practically work.
I guess they could conceivably manage a 6 across configuration but they would be very heavy …

The throughput will be dire.

It's Chessington.

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk
No doubt about that. Does make you wonder though, why has Chessington got the well deserved reputation of bad throughput rides wheb realistically at one point it probably had some of the highest theoughput rides in the UK? It seems they lost all care for throughput some time in the early 2000s

Out of interest, what kind of throughput does Tomb Blaster manage these days? It should be over 1000 pph, but since it's Chessington, I'm not sure. I will measure the throughput myself in March hopefully.

No doubt about that. Does make you wonder though, why has Chessington got the well deserved reputation of bad throughput rides wheb realistically at one point it probably had some of the highest theoughput rides in the UK? It seems they lost all care for throughput some time in the early 2000s

Nope, was around 2010 or so (I.e. when they stopped 3 trains on Vampire) that the throughputs REALLY went downhill. Put guest interaction above it.

Wait...they actually want low throughput rides?!

What's the mad idea behind this?! Honestly though, Chessington lost its way when Tussauds bought Thorpe and its no coincidence that the park suffered because of it and it's hard to say if they've recovered or not since Merlin took over the park.

That's the target throughput based on KPIs etc. Losing the fifth train didn't help Tomb at all, but other aspects don't help the park whatsoever.

I got 200pph on Truckers like once in a season. Chessie just has too many low throughput attractions throughout the park. Always has done but has obviously become more obvious as the lineup dies due to old age.

well in 2027 the ride system will be 40 years old but if it’s maintained well it could last years. Spaceship Earth is 40 years old at Epcot and is still going strong.
With Duel getting a new theme for 2023 maybe we see a new theme in the Tomb blaster building for 2024/25 as most of that theming will be 30 years old in 2024.

Tomb blaster is in part due to ride evac procedures, 1 train always in station and 1 staff member to be able to evac each train in the ride area, the emergency evac/clearance time is just minutes for a highly flammable set.
...now I can see why some companies would rather have screen based attractions instead of physical sets. Kinda sad actually.