• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Chessington World of Adventures Resort

A switch track would not work too well either, with the actual ride being so short the train on the circuit would be waiting fir the loading train to finish loading. Slowing things down.

If the circuit was longer, a switch track would be very effective, only slightly effective on a ride like this with stacking almost inevitable on most runs.

A switch track would not work too well either, with the actual ride being so short the train on the circuit would be waiting fir the loading train to finish loading. Slowing things down.

If the circuit was longer, a switch track would be very effective, only slightly effective on a ride like this with stacking almost inevitable on most runs.
Especially with the way chessie operate their rides, you’ll be guaranteed to stack all the time.

The great thing about a launched shuttle coaster is that If stacking's a problem and the other trains not ready the waiting train could get a bonus launch. Once more up the spike for example.

That's assuming a switch track station of course which this doesn't have. But it'd be cool if some park does it.

Actually EP do on Atlantica. The additional turntable spin. So maybe Voltron will also do this on the mid course launch.

If they were serious about capacity they wouldn't have built a shuttle coaster.
Thinking about space; what non-shuttle coasters would be able to be built in that area? Perhaps a mini Gerstlauer Eurofighter or Infinity as those are known for being able to be crammed into a small area (think of The Smiler).

Has there been any update on whether the runaway train (I can’t think what it’s called now) is coming back?

Has there been any update on whether the runaway train (I can’t think what it’s called now) is coming back?
So far, I don't think so but I believe it will open in 2023 because the fire in July was only small so it probably didn't damage much.

The website last said it was returning for Feb half term. But the park have since cancelled the Feb half term theme park event, so maybe it will return in March?

I wondered why they cancelled their half term event?

They haven’t cancelled the entire event, but have pulled the rides from the line up (so it’s just the zoo now), I suspect it’s due to maintenance schedules.

They only managed to scrape 8 rides together for opening for the Christmas season and even that proved a stretch for them - they perhaps have resource issues getting everything through its winter maintenance.

Can Chessington please bring back the original 1990 Vampire soundtrack or at least commission IMAScore to do a new one? A new season begins in a couple of months and I don't think I can bear the terrible 2020 soundtrack again.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but isn’t the 2020 soundtrack a remaster of the 1990 soundtrack?

Correct me if I’m wrong, but isn’t the 2020 soundtrack a remaster of the 1990 soundtrack?
It is, but it pretty much ruined it in my opinion. The original was so much more atmospheric, and it was a Graham Smart masterpiece up with Nemesis' score, whereas the new one doesn't have any atmosphere at all despite being a remaster. The new dubstep part of the 2020 soundtrack is terrible.