• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Chessington World of Adventures Resort

The whole Walking Dead 1.4 height restriction thing was hilarious. It's a kiddie coaster with zombies on TV screens. No idea why they did that.

This monkey coaster thing will be a 1.4 due to Merlin's Danger of Death/make rapids boring/fence off piles of rocks policy. In reality this new coaster will probably be tamer than Vampire.

I'm just wondering if there was a reason why they chose a B&M coaster of all things instead of something else then I think it might be linked in with Nemesis' retrack.

With these rumours that Merlin have a deal with Mack to have two attractions installed with one being Project Exodus and the other either a overhauled Duel ride system or maybe for Project Horizon which making two rides at the same time can keep costs down as in a two for the price of one thing going, maybe the only reason why Mandrill Mayham is an B&M is that Merlin needed to find a way of keeping costs down for Nemesis' retrack?

Think about, if Nemesis was the only B&M coaster that Merlin were focusing on then it might be expensive for just one yet of installing another B&M at the same time might be down to keep costs on both rides down, maybe that is the only reason Mandrill Mayham was built anyway as in just to fill in the deal as I agree it seems overbuilt for Chessie and might have been better instead for Project Exodus but then again whenever have Merlin made smart choices?

One thing this new ride has in it's favour is that it is the nicest looking Merlin coaster they've ever built and visually should be heads and shoulders above other coasters they've built from Thirteen, Smiler, Swarm...actually a lot TBH.

Highly unlikely to have anything to do with Nemesis, particularly considering Merlin are currently building a wing coaster at LL Germany and are apparently building more at the new Chinese legolands (previously mentioned in this very topic)

Highly unlikely to have anything to do with Nemesis, particularly considering Merlin are currently building a wing coaster at LL Germany and are apparently building more at the new Chinese legolands (previously mentioned in this very topic)
Yeh! Merlin have seemingly done a mad deal with B&M
RideParkYearSerial Number (TBC)
Jumanji Wing CoasterChessington World of Adventures (UK)Early 2023WI-R
Mythica Wing CoasterLEGOLAND Deutschland (Germany)Early 2023WI-S
Nemesis RetrackAlton Towers (UK)Early 2024IC-DR
Family Invert CoasterLEGOLAND Shenzhen (China)2024
Mythica (?) Wing CoasterLEGOLAND Shenzhen (China)2024
Family Invert CoasterLEGOLAND Shanghai (China)2024
Mythica Wing CoasterLEGOLAND Sichuan (China)2025
Family Invert CoasterLEGOLAND Sichuan (China)2025
Presumably at least 1 B&M Coaster?LEGOLAND Beijing (China)202X
Presumably at least 1 B&M Coaster?LEGOLAND Benelux (Belgium)202X
Edited to include Nemesis serial number, cheers @Matt N

Nemesis RetrackAlton Towers (UK)Early 2024
If you're interested, the serial number for the Nemesis retrack is IC-DR, as confirmed by bolt boxes seen on site at Alton Towers.

But yes, that is a lot of B&M coasters! At very least, I reckon that Merlin must have scored a multi-ride deal with B&M for the Legoland division!

Nemesis RetrackAlton Towers (UK)Early 2024
Nemmy's serial number is IC-DR

(edit: @Matt N beat me to it)

Nemesis RetrackAlton Towers (UK)Early 2024IC-DR
Edited to include Nemesis serial number, cheers @Matt N
Well then, Merlin have done B&M a world of good as no matter how much the coaster building industry might be effected in this troubling times, at least B&M is still going to last and that list is just including the Merlin coasters, lord knows how many more coasters B&M are building at this moment in time.

Would have got a good price on all those coasters..... Makes you think maybe Nemesis isn't costing as much as reported
I wouldn't be surprised if the Nemesis refurb is one of the costliest jobs on that list. Pre-existing, pre-built groundwork you can't change, reverting back to 30-year old track designs, old-style trains they don't make any more... As opposed to a 'standard' family wing straight out of the catalogue (albeit with some customisation) and clean-slate terrain work? It's always more challenging to rebuild something that already exists than to build anew.

Turns out the coaster has 7 rows not 6, which will help capacity a bit (source: Chessington Buzz Facebook)
I thought that it was going to have 24 seats, so how would 7 rows work? (Not doubting you, just curious)

I have to ask because this has confused me for years. Enthusiasts love to talk about big multi-coaster deals whenever a chain of parks order multiple rides from the same manufacturer. But has there ever been any actual evidence this is a thing?
Personally for the top tier manufacturers I suspect it's more likley the companies want to work with them on multiple projects because of their reliability as a supplier. Maybe there's a small discount because it's guaranteeing work for the manufacturer. But unless the rides that are "part of the deal" are clones of each other or both payed for the R&D cost (like Raptor and The Swarm likley did for the first Wingriders) the cost for the manufacturer to deliver the ride doesn't change. So all they would be doing when they offer a discount is trading profit from the first ride to guaranty a return business. Something a big name like B&M might not even need to do.

If these grand deals really do happen to the scale they are described by enthusiasts I'm sure Exodus would have been a B&M as well.