• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Chessington World of Adventures Resort

I appreciate it's no longer in vogue to ride an attraction before forming a judgment about it.

I think the only major steel coaster Merlin have put into RTP since Th13teen that wasn't B&M was Smiler, right ?

Most of those have been Wing coasters - they're obviously happy with their performance in terms of operations, maintenance and guest satisfaction.

It could be that the launched / shuttle aspect might provide more thrills than the stubby full circuit ride going into Legoland Germany. This is tipped to be significantly faster than that ride - the same speed as Colossus. I don't think Chessington could have built a full circuit, chain lift ride reaching those speeds for both space and height reasons.

Always book online in advance! Also, I see Passholders must now book online. Has this been like this since Covid restrictions? I used to have Pass but gave it up years ago, I don’t go nowhere enough to warrant having one anymore.

The area itself will look better when those trees have grown in.

But that sign will have been worn down to nothing by time that happens.

Looks as good as the work they did on the second entrance.

Got to love the negative feelings on here, it makes me so happy for some sadistic reason. 😈 Instead of feed the flames how about the feed the negativity? :p

200.gif

I am interested to see what buildings we'll see in this new area. Areas of original Chessington were really well constructed - hopefully this area will not jut be some greenery and statue models. Certainly the centrepiece looks cool, but hopefully there will be more.

1676206031732.jpeg
17655.jpg

I am interested to see what buildings we'll see in this new area. Areas of original Chessington were really well constructed - hopefully this area will not jut be some greenery and statue models. Certainly the centrepiece looks cool, but hopefully there will be more.

1676206031732.jpeg
17655.jpg
Gosh they did Transylvania dirty with the Wild Woods retheme. Even back when then with the Imperial Bubbleworks theme, the area still looked nice. Now it's just a mix of blue and buildings painted in purple and white.

Gosh they did Transylvania dirty with the Wild Woods retheme. Even back when then with the Imperial Bubbleworks theme, the area still looked nice.Now it's just a mix of blue and buildings painted in purple and white.
I would argue that it still looks nice today, but the original Transylvania paint job fit the encompassing theme of the land far better.