• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Chessington World of Adventures Resort

Perhaps it’s just difficult to tell scale, but I am surprised those air gates are as low as they are. Considering the train travels through the station at speed, generally you would get higher airgates that come up to chin level similar to Rita, Stealth and Scorpion Express.

Rides with lower air gates such as RMT can’t fill the bays before the ride has passed through the station at speed these days.

From: https://twitter.com/chessingtonbuzz/status/1630586830428012545?s=46&t=p8NH9ClccqPKi1wfrMiFpw

6B96F01C-9517-4E93-BB6E-20A1E1C3D233.jpeg

This is a good angle from TPWW, the space between the train and gates is pretty big.

From: https://www.facebook.com/photo?fbid=764286871723045&set=a.654925535992513

Well there needs to be quite a gap between the gates and the train since you'll have people getting off the trains on the same side they get on and walking to to the exit (which I presume is at the front). If they don't have a baggage hold (I don't know either way), they would have bag storage in the gaps between the gates leading to more faff boarding.

There definitely looks like a lot more room from the airgates to the ride compared to the Swarm, which can be a right pain to try and get on and off the ride. I’m guessing it will just have boxes on the floor for bags. With one train seems pointless having a bag store or anything as it’s only you on the train.

I think the brakes at the end will be the most exciting part of the ride!

Overall, still not overly enamoured with this project. It's nothing like the level of original 90s Chessington with the themed villages.

It looks fine, don't get me wrong, and better than some of what has been churned out over the past 10-20 years from an overall point of view, but it's not particularly impressive.

Again judging ride experience from video is a fools errand but a couple of thoughts.

1) the launch back through the station after the first spike looks punchy.

2) the little wobble the trains do after the roll could be interesting.

3) the helix looks painful/ boring

4) don’t understand why they didn’t have half the train pointing one way and the other half pointing the other way.

5) don’t see how they are getting a good throughput with this thing

Overall, still not overly enamoured with this project. It's nothing like the level of original 90s Chessington with the themed villages.
It's not on the scale of Chessington's old themeing but a key difference is that this will be built to last.

Most of the original themeing that's now gone was never meant to last 30 odd years. Even if better care had been taken with it I doubt most of the old themeing would still be here today. 90s Chessington was built as quickly and affordable as possible to sell the Theme Park concept. Whereas this and Wild Asia are designed to a far higher standard.

Yet they've somehow already broken the snake head behind the Miami ride. No idea if they dropped it or dropped something on it but the damage is clearly visible in some of the recent drone footage

Yet they've somehow already broken the snake head behind the Miami ride. No idea if they dropped it or dropped something on it but the damage is clearly visible in some of the recent drone footage
The final version of the snake has been confirmed to have a completely different finish by John Burton.

Sent from my motorola one vision using Tapatalk

Almost a whiff of positivity amongst the doom mongers in this thread. Goodness me, must be bedtime.

I think it looks great personally for the audience they are trying to attract. Throughput concerns aside it's a perfectly good family thrill coaster which I'm certain will be a hit with the guests.

Those who are wanting bigger thrills......there are plenty of parks out there that are better suited for your needs.

I think it looks great personally for the audience they are trying to attract. Throughput concerns aside it's a perfectly good family thrill coaster which I'm certain will be a hit with the guests.

Those who are wanting bigger thrills......there are plenty of parks out there that are better suited for your needs.
It's not about bigger thrills! I feel it's SO easy for people tp spin out the usual 'but it's a family coaster' yarn when individuals say it doesn't look that great.

There are hundreds of GREAT family coasters around the world. I have been on many and could list dozens but won't.

The issues I have with this are not dissimilar to my issues with Th13teen. A unique concept, yes, dumbed into a track layout that is something astonishingly plain.

Why should family equate to plain? It shouldn't. Could this have been enhanced with dark ride sections? Would another manufacturer have enabled a more complex and lengthy ride?

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Almost a whiff of positivity amongst the doom mongers in this thread. Goodness me, must be bedtime.

Doom mongers or folk who refuse to engage in toxic positivity?

When something looks positive I say it looks positive, overall I still question this project for all the same reasons I have said before, but the launch looks reasonable.