• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Chessington World of Adventures Resort

Add in the self-importance of many of them and these days usually are disastrous.
I went to one years ago when I had a pass and it was a car crash. And I remember thinking “never again.”
The subtext of this and the Thorpe ride availability posts are screaming PLEASE DON'T COME.

These parks could fall over spectacularly this weekend...
I’m amazed at what’s closed this weekend when they’ve had all this time over the winter. Granted, they can’t do everything but you’d think they’d do their biggest, iconic rides first.

Is Chessington a MAP day today?

1679167449916.png

I went to one years ago when I had a pass and it was a car crash. And I remember thinking “never again.”

I’m amazed at what’s closed this weekend when they’ve had all this time over the winter. Granted, they can’t do everything but you’d think they’d do their biggest, iconic rides first.

Is Chessington a MAP day today?

1679167449916.png
Yep it's the MAP preview weekend.

I’m going to this one tomorrow.

If Thorpe’s pass holder event from today is anything to go by, then it will probably be an absolute disaster. Half the rides not running, whilst the other half kept breaking down.

I arrived around midday (due to unrelated commitments) and called it a day just before 4, after getting on four rides. Probably the worst passholder day since 2011.

As I say, they’re a disaster and I really don’t know why Merlin don’t abandon them altogether or spread them over a few days.

Thing is it really shouldn't be difficult to get everything reading for mid-march, they had no major rides open at Christmas and nothing at Feb Half Term. Do they have the same problem as Towers with getting engineers who accept low wages?

The barriers are down! There are some very clear views into the land. The very first sightlines you'll get when you walk through the entrance portal will be some of the best in a UK park.
336580294_208139111823967_8570031853095716585_n.jpg

Tarmac looks quite out of place in this area. I think that they should have just heeded what @Poisson said above.

Has anyone else got the email from Chessy with early access to the second game? The link is broken for me

(Edit: working now)