• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Chessington World of Adventures Resort

Does anybody know why so many rides at Chessington still haven't opened for the year?

Is there any indication when they will?

They have a closure page on their website:

It's not complete though, it doesn't mention Rattlesnake. Regarding the rides listed, I believe they completely replaced the foundations on Trawler Trouble (which seemingly turned into a bigger job than anticipated) and Scorpion is presumably still waiting for replacement parts.

New Explorer gate ticket building plan vs reality.

Source: Chessington Buzz

8515416D-CAD0-4EF5-BF88-220F6F148562.jpeg

55D42769-8046-4BF7-8056-7863F58DC344.jpeg

Oh Merlin.

Im no Merlin fan but based on the money they are spending on Chessington atm I would guess that’s temporary until they build the planned one.

I believe it was always planned to be a portakabin themed up, it was installed last year blank awaiting its theming.

5564A726-1E0C-4575-9575-63E6CC3EEBAF.jpeg

The fact it has now had this vinyl added recently does suggest they have scrapped the original theming concept.

I believe it was always planned to be a portakabin themed up, it was installed last year blank awaiting its theming.

5564A726-1E0C-4575-9575-63E6CC3EEBAF.jpeg

The fact it has now had this vinyl added recently does suggest they have scrapped the original theming concept.
The little engine cabin that could...

What's the difference?
theyre-the-same-picture-the-office.gif

It’s always so hit and miss Chessington. I am regularly checking the app days before I go to make sure the rides are up. I re-scheduled a trip three times last year because of Vampire being down.

Their biggest year for ages and they’ve got off to the worst possible start.

Vampire on one train and now closed for past couple of days

Scorpion had fire and hasn’t surfaced since

Rattlesnake who even knows?

Tiger rock unreliable as always

Dragons Fury very unreliable and late to open this season

Seriously unacceptable.