• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Chessington World of Adventures Resort

Its probably because almost every other ride is closed.

Actual context/proof. Only 2 rides closed shouldn't result in that length of queue time. Rarely even saw 90 when I worked there.

Attachments

• IMG-20230404-WA0004.jpg
    IMG-20230404-WA0004.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 59
Just looking at recent reviews, someone was complaining about ride closures, specifically mentioning Tiger Rock.

Chessington replied saying it was open and 2000 people had ridden that day. Now it might have had downtime, but 2000 a day? It’s a continuous loading log flume, this thing should be getting at least 1000 people an hour.

With all day closures (including extra rides that are closed which aren’t even listed on the app, such as Scorpion Express) and awful operations even on the rides that should munch through queues, it goes someway to explain 80 mins for a bloomin’ wave swinger. They are just incompetent at running a theme park at this point.

39FCC3B1-CCB6-4E76-8C81-61AC3A936D31.jpeg

Tiger Rock seems to run far fewer boats these days, plus like most of their other rides they don't fully load them. Last time I was there they split what appeared to be a group of 4 across two boats despite having a 45min queue.

The Rattlesnake situation is an absolute farce. Main queue capacity on that thing is practically zero.

I’ve not seen Chessington this bad with queue times in a very long time! Is there a way of viewing the queue times on their website if you don’t have the app, like me?

Chessington is having an absolute shocker atm. Shouldn't be so many closed after the winter break, Merlin really do have too much of an easy ride in the South East, absolutely no competition.

Hopefully in the coming years Paulton’s can raise their profile outside of being known just as Peppa Pig World to some and give the Southern Merlin parks a little more competition. Obviously I know it’s some way out from London (68 miles from Chessington according to Google maps) but it’s a great example of a family park doing things right.

The ride availability and queue times can be shocking at Chessington, if I lived somewhere that was in fairly easy distance of both Chessington and Paulton’s it really wouldn’t be any contest as to which one I’d want to visit. I hate to think how long the queues are going to be for Mandril Mayhem during school trip season if you have a day when several of the parks other big attractions go down.

This has been coming for a while. Operations, upkeep and service generally was abysmal when we visited towards the end of last year. Most of the staff we encountered (with a few exceptions) were either incompetent or couldn’t give an F. It would appear the chickens are now coming home to roost.

Due to visit and stay in June, kids get a second week of holiday. When we visited last year had a great day and stay, going off current reports and how busy Jumanji could make it, could be a long and tedious visit