• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Chessington World of Adventures Resort

That's crazy, male lions always get weird around me, I assume because of my "mane" like hair, am I gonna be banned from Chessington completely?
Lol,

Don't think it's been mentioned in here yet, but chessington featured on last weeks episode of watchdog regarding variations in online ticket prices, based on certain combinations on multiple tickets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

That is amazing, properly, properly beautiful. The more I hear from IMAScore, the more respect I have for them.

That track alone has prompted me to have a proper think as to when I can take a look at HHP - unlike previous years, I hadn't thought about it at all really until now.

I'm adoring that!

For me a lot of the Theme Park experience is down to the music, recent Merlin attractions have lacked this sort of magical music. I'm glad to see someone at Merlin has seen reason to commission this off of IMAscore!

Love it :)

Kind of reminds me of Nightwish's Imaginaerum, which I've always hoped a theme park would be inspired by, but equally I'm putting that in my list of Chessington's 5 most promising developments of the last decade.

I was planning to give the place a miss this Halloween (first time since '04) but now I'll keep an eye on this topic before deciding...

WillG said:
Kind of reminds me of Nightwish's Imaginaerum, which I've always hoped a theme park would be inspired by, but equally I'm putting that in my list of Chessington's 5 most promising developments of the last decade.

You can list 5?

^
I admit, I had to think about it :p

But Dragon's Fury, Wild Asia, Zufari, the restaurant in the hotel and of course, that soundtrack, have all just about been in the last 10 years.
Not denying it's been a very slow ten years compared to the other two parks though!

WillG said:
Kind of reminds me of Nightwish's Imaginaerum

Is that the one we listen to in the car when it gets dark?

Also, I happen to think its wonderful Chessie are spending money; however, I wish they would have spent the money on something more important... Like making certain areas of the park look nicer, because places like Transylvania and Mexicana really need a paint and a good clean. I just think they should invest their money in making the park more child friendly (and I mean with colours and stuff, cause a lot of the park is grey and brown, and it should be COLOURFUL)
Also, investing in decent new rides, kids like little thrills, they tend to find rides like Zufari boring.
But I'm happy that they're trying to spend money on improving things

Chessie are spending money, not noticed how each area has slowly been done up over the past 3 years? They've only got a couple of areas left to do before everything has essentially been refreshed.

Glad they're spending money on this track though. Music = memories = revisits.

I've noticed it somewhat, but I feel like some areas of the park are more neglected than others... However I do remember being very happy when I saw they were making over Toy Town because that place looked so run down
Don't get me wrong, I love Chessie, that place is my childhood, I'm a big supporter, maybe I'm just being nostalgic cause I miss the colours of the place...
Anyway, I'm just glad things are happening in the park, let's hope they get a new coaster soon too

MiserableMonkey said:
Whispers that Bubbleworks is next to gain the refurbishment treatment! ;)
...so in other words exactly the same whispers that we had this time last year, and the year before that, and before that etc...

:p

Islander said:
MiserableMonkey said:
Whispers that Bubbleworks is next to gain the refurbishment treatment! ;)
...so in other words exactly the same whispers that we had this time last year, and the year before that, and before that etc...

:p

Indeed! ;)

But with the work currently going on around the resort, I'm more inclined to believe it.