• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Chessington World of Adventures Resort

From BBC News:

"A spokesman said the fire was at a cafe and part of an attraction and covered an area of 50m by 50m.

He said 50% of that area was alight but there were no details of which ride or attraction was affected."

This does not sound good at all :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

The park's handing this letter out to people who were going to visit today:

BcAM8lSCMAAV81Z.jpg:large

Source.

This is sad, why it had to hit a relatively nice area of the park :(

Hopefully bubble works won't be too badly hit

Sam said:
Nice to hear that Bubbleworks has been improved. :)

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk
The fire was near the only decent part of the ride, the Fountain Finale, the only area without IL logos. :mad:

DiogoJ42 said:
LOL. Best thing to happen to the park in a decade.

I was going to say, I wonder where Diogo is? ;D

Seriously though, that area is the best area on park, I hope it has not done much damage, the BK refurb was awful and I really hope it doesn't mean they will have to trust Merlin to put some lovely theme back.

Poor Chessie, it's always one step forward and then two steps backwards into blazing infernos, ride breakdowns and crumbling themeing. In an ideal world the money they'd receive to clear up the fire damage would cover the refurbishment of the whole Bubbleworks/Vampire station complex, but I doubt we'll ever see that happen. All we can do is wait for an official statement (if one is ever made) and then fear the budget cuts of other projects.

Word on the street is that it spread to bubbles' plant room, meaning that it got through the fountain finale. :( Apparently according to bbc, the fire managed to get through to a gift shop, I presume they mean fangtasia. Poor Transylvania. :(

Have you got any evidence of this, or...? Other sites have said that the wall between the cafe and Bubbleworks is fine (which photos seem to suggest as well). You also said we may have seen the last of the tower, yet that appears to be still standing too.

Anyway, it's a real shame that what had happened has happened, and I'm perplexed as to how people can find any of this amusing.

Hopefully Bubbleworks isn't too badly damaged. I've always hated the ride but the last thing Chessington need is another year with a major ride SBNO.

You have to wonder how much of an impact on the Christmas event this will have though, as the grotto was inside Creaky Cafe.

BigAl said:
Have you got any evidence of this, or...? Other sites have said that the wall between the cafe and Bubbleworks is fine (which photos seem to suggest as well). You also said we may have seen the last of the tower, yet that appears to be still standing too.

Anyway, it's a real shame that what had happened has happened, and I'm perplexed as to how people can find any of this amusing.
BBC said a plant room was damaged, which must have been Bubblework's, which is deeper into the building than the fountains. I believe it is in between the lift hill and station.

I hope I am incorrect though.

It's worth remembering that Thorpe Park suffered the loss of a dark ride through fire in 2000, and less than three years later that same site was host to a state of the art, multi-looping B&M! If that happened at Thorpe, I fail to see a reason the same wouldn't apply at Chessington, right guys?

Guys?

As much as I would love to see that happen, Chessington would never be allowed to build another coaster so close to the edge of the park, Vampire wouldn't be given consent these days, never mind a B&M.

When it's time for Vampire to leave / change, Chessington can replace it with something which is like-for-like, but that's about it.