• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Chessington World of Adventures Resort

Lottie. said:
^ Chessington Facebook page. ;)
What the! I came off their facebook page and came to towersstreet. How could i have missed that. And Lottie, have you heard if there is plans for bubbleworks, as a former CB member? Just wondering as it is under scaffolding and CB posted that Prof Burp my return. If this plan is true, they couldn't knock down half the park and I'd forgive them.

Last edited by a moderator:
BenBowser said:
Lottie. said:
^ Chessington Facebook page. ;)
What the!! I came off their facebook page and came to towersstreet. How could i have missed that. And Lottie, have you heard if there is plans for bubbleworks, as a former CB member? Just wondering as it is under scaffolding and CB posted that Prof Burp my return. If this plan is true, they couldn't knock down half the park and id forgive them.

I'm not sure unfortunately. It would be a lovely idea if Prof Burp is to return to the park though.

Prof Burp returning is seemingly enthusiast fantasty and pining for nostalgic days...

I would hate to see him return, purely because any attempt at bringing back the original atmosphere and beauty would be done so poorly... Bubbleworks needs to change into something completely new and original, not a cash-in tied into nostalgia desires...

Sorry for double posting. Chessington updates! AMAZU, Transylvania refurb and Scorpion Express!! As well as Dragon Falls station work!
12723_10152167179894035_106331149_n.jpg

I really hope they add major theming to the Scorpion Express, as it still looks rather bland. Could anyone enhance the image of the scaffolding near one of Dragon's Fury's block brakes? A re-theme/refurb of Toadies?

Also does anyone know what the Transylvania refurbishment phase two will entail, that's taking place on the archway to the forest, the Bubbleworks facade and fire exit building? Thanks.

Well you can see from the top right photo that they have cleared the ivy around the turret in Transylvania. They will hopefully finish painting that side (inexplicably there was still a Count's Cauldron sign on the side entrance last year), although I'm not a fan of the grey colour scheme.

They also removed a lot of scenic details from the left side of Transylvania last year without fixing them. I hope they are finished that job now as well. The creeper has been cleared from the Dragon River station as well it seems.

These is all general maintenance and aesthetics, normal theme park closed season improvements. :twirly: There's no Transylvania 'refurbishment plan' as such.

^ Well its defiantly a lot more than the average closed season works, you don't see Wild Asia covered in scaffolding every winter.

I'm pretty sure the works with Burger Kitchen, what was the Creaky Cafe and now this were part of Transylvania's share of the £5 million refurbishment. Which is a two year program.

In my above post I had just shortened it to Transylvania refurbishment. Sorry for any confusion. :-[

BenBowser said:
^ Well its defiantly a lot more than the average closed season works
No really, stuff like this happens every closed season and nobody used to notice. But now the advent of social media 'updates' means the public can get a glimpse of what goes on during the winter. Scaffolding goes up and down all the time behind the scenes.

To be honest these are very average winter improvements, it's just that UK parks seem to do so little during closed season in comparison to others around the world that even just repaving a path sparks a lot of speculation apparently. Chessington actually does quite well in that area, there are always nice little improvements made each year that I notice.

Also I originally heard that the £5million allocated for Dragon Falls/Runaway Train was not being spent anywhere else on the park, but who knows where that budget has gone now that those plans have changed.

What's the betting that adults won't be allowed on the slides in the new play area?

Nice to see lots of rockwork in place for RMT as well...

Oooh, I do like the name Safari Hotel, it works well alongside Azteca hotel. :)

Totally want to book myself a room in Azteca to try it out!

The Holiday Inn brand is definitely out then - I noticed the other day it is no longer part of IHG Rewards (my way of getting a free night :p).

The branding etc. looks great though, and I can't wait to stay again.

^ Hopefully they remove the massive Holiday Inn Logo from the side of the Safari Hotel, and from the car park's entrance. Oh, and get rid of the Holiday inn Chessington website. Which can be found here: http://www.holidayinnchessington.co.uk

Well by the looks of a banner at the top of the Holiday Inn Chessington website (seen in an above post). The hotel will will no longer be branded as a Holiday Inn from the 13th May 2014.

Quetzal said:
Safari Hotel...

Really!?

What's wrong with that? OK, it isn't the most imaginative name, but it could be far worse.

Whole concept doesn't look half bad in fairness IMO.

It would be fine if they didn't already have Zafari and Zufari. There's a severe lack of imagination when it comes to naming new additions at Chessington.

^ But not at other parks? May I remind you of Gloomy Wood and Dark Forest, the Alton Towers Hotel (a very, very unimaginative name). And then there is themed lands called The Swarm Island and SAW Island at Thorpe Park. And let's not forget the On-Site Hotel (the new crash pad), all those names are far worse than then names at Chessington.