• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Chessington World of Adventures Resort

For Vampire, I have a suspicion that Taziker will get the nod for a Vampire retrack. Given all the work they have done for PMBO, a fellow Arrow coaster no less, and how they have actually been getting more and more orders for ride retracks overseas, their efforts would not have gone unnoticed by Merlin and they might be a strong competitor to get a contract for a Vampire retrack.

I know some will say Vekoma but then again, this is Merlin who will always look for the cheapest option and when you take in consideration that they would not have to worry about paying for oversea costs and transports, would be a whole cheaper to employ a UK based company to do it though I could see Vekoma still being involved with getting in new trains themselves unless, heaven above, Taziker decided to take it on themselves. I know some will say that is unlikely but if you saw that IAAPA video that in the long term they want to enter the coaster building industry which frankly given what they's done to PMBO they might already be in it, could a Vampire retrack be the big breakthrough they need? Would be interested if we had a coaster manufacture in the UK, who knows what might be possible to build if they don't have to worry about overseas transport costs, especially for the smaller UK parks who likely couldn't afford anything big in the first place?

I'm guessing they've found some issues with Vampire during closed season maintainance...

Screenshot_20221111-182937_Facebook.jpg
It croaked on the passholder day last weekend.

Announcements in the queue were “engineers are working on the problem but they don’t actually know what the problem is”

Then it shut for the rest of the day.

Guessing it was a serious one they found!

Shame as unfortunately there isn’t any “big” rides and I can’t justify going anymore.

Gruffalo is the other one they dropped, (no idea why).
I think if those two are out then they should be desperately looking at what rides they can get working in two weeks.

Only reason might be for access to Vampire since it's down the same hill.

Tbh I'd rather they just get rid of the swinging trains and get Vekoma to supply the new suspended trains they have with a retrack. Could probably replicate the swinging elements with clever banking design.

Vampire is shaggered. When Nemesis retrack is revealed as a glorious success, I hope Vampire is next.
Well isn’t the track the last thing to technically “break”? The last major issue was the trains I believe in October which reduced it to a one train service.

It’s had a hard season carrying that park. It deserves some maintenance in the off season like all other major coasters.

Should it need a retrack I hope it gets it! Alton know it’s worth investing in your best ride. If they removed Vampire people would not go.

Gruffalo is the other one they dropped, (no idea why).
I think if those two are out then they should be desperately looking at what rides they can get working in two weeks.
Pure speculation here, but what if Vampire isn't the problem, and it's Gruffalo that's shut them both down? Say for example if there's been a water leak in Gruffalo it could have made Vampire inoperable.

More likely it is the other way around and they need Gruffalo out to work on something in the Vampires station. Of the two rides its more likley to have a problem, however both are getting quite old now, despite Bubbleworks/Gruffalos refurbishment. Can't be a coincidence that both rides have been removed from the lineup together.

Ageing Vampire causing availability issues, Scorpion Express potentially giving up the ghost, Enterprise brown bread, Blade surely due to follow. Ramses being replaced with the cheapest low capacity drop tower they could find, funfair flats desperately being hired in to Towers to prop up it's insufficient and dwindling ride lineup. Just goes to show that years of underinvestment in these parks are hitting hard now.

Ageing Vampire causing availability issues, Scorpion Express potentially giving up the ghost, Enterprise brown bread, Blade surely due to follow. Ramses being replaced with the cheapest low capacity drop tower they could find, funfair flats desperately being hired in to Towers to prop up it's insufficient and dwindling ride lineup. Just goes to show that years of underinvestment in these parks are hitting hard now.

But now they must see the opportunity that is arising. You have years of easy marketing by installing a replacement flat a year. Something they need to grab by the scruff of the neck.

You’re forgetting 10 years of basically nothing happening at Thorpe Park. Otherwise though, I couldn’t agree more.

Let’s hope that this new CEO really shakes this up and makes some positive changes at Merlin.

You’re forgetting 10 years of basically nothing happening at Thorpe Park. Otherwise though, I couldn’t agree more.

Let’s hope that this new CEO really shakes this up and makes some positive changes at Merlin.

Agreed. From what I’ve read about him it seems growth via investment is his ethos. We can only hope

The real question is, is he Passionate about Theme Parks??
He might allow for the three Merlin parks to have more control as that since he hasn't done anything with theme parks, it might be more easier to allow the parks having more devolved power over what they want on the park while Merlin would just need to set out budgets for the parks but obviously stay out of creative choices.

At least that is the bestcase scenario...really have no clue what we might see.