• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Chessington World of Adventures Resort

Woo, they've finally done something different with HPH rather than usual bewitched.

Shame rest of the event will be almost exactly the same. Even the bloody name/logo is still using the old chessie font they binned in 2009.

I will never forgive Chessington for vandalising that beautiful old house with 'Hocus Pocus Hall'.

Jared said:
From the press release.

New for 2013 is The Mystery of Hocus Pocus Hall. Adventurers brave enough must enter the bewitching stately home of Sir Arthur, a famous explorer, who vanished without a trace! Try to solve the mystery of what happened to Sir Arthur as you journey through the house and discover a priceless collection of antiques which seem to have powers all of their own... Is there a strange and powerful curse, or is it all a bunch of Hocus Pocus? That’s for you to find out!

So it's Mystic Manor? :)

Apparently Hocus Pocus Hall is being completely re-themed for Halloween and will stay like that from then on, presumably moving the attraction into the Park's 'Adventure' theme

I've heard a few whispers that the back two rows of Vampire will be turned backwards for next season, along with a slight refurbishment and alterations to the Fastrack queueline.

Anybody else heard anything?

I'm not even going to pass comment on the stupid rumour.

As for the Fastrack / Entrance... The rumour comes around every year. So who knows?

XLR8 At Six Flags Astroworld (Which was also a Arrow suspended) had it's 4 back rows turned backwards for its Halloween event in 2002 and actually proved pretty popular that they kept it like that until the coaster (And along with the entire park) closed in 2005.

But that rumour sounds ridiculous...Would ruin Vampire.

Why does it sound ridiculous...?

Merlin have done exactly the same thing with a coaster just up the road a year ago. B&M previously had no history of backwards rides, whereas Arrow/Vekoma both clearly do.

I'd say that if you asked me in 2012 which one was more likely to go backwards, I'd say Vampire over Swarm by a country mile. Anyway, I think Vampire backwards would offer a much more interesting experience than mrawS, due to it being a more terrain-y coaster. :)

It may be true or it may not but it's definitely not an outlandish rumour. :)

I can understand what you're saying Sam, but I just don't see how Vampire would benefit from going backwards. Just my thoughts :)

The idea that you can improve an old ride by turning seats backwards has been proven wrong so many times. Novelty silliness like that won't help the Vampire's problems, if anything it will show up how tame it is most of the time. I'm sure they will be leaving the trains alone. :twirly:

Logistics also come into play...

Back two rows are currently saved for exit riders, turning them backwards would result in needing to use rows 9/10 instead, and since not everyone would want to ride backwards, leaves 16 seats for forward facing riders... A total of 32 for the two trains...

That's HORRID to think about considering the Vampire operations are dire enough with the simple procedures it currently has... We've seen the clusterbuggery that Swarm's queue is, imagine that in Vamp's station...

Benzin said:
Logistics also come into play...

Back two rows are currently saved for exit riders, turning them backwards would result in needing to use rows 9/10 instead, and since not everyone would want to ride backwards, leaves 16 seats for forward facing riders... A total of 32 for the two trains...

That's HORRID to think about considering the Vampire operations are dire enough with the simple procedures it currently has... We've seen the clusterbuggery that Swarm's queue is, imagine that in Vamp's station...

Vampire backwards confirmed then. ;)

Sorry to change the subject, but i havnt been to chessington in a while and a friendof the family is thinking of taking there kids for there birthday. Is it worth going? The kids are seven