• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

'Cinecitta World', Rome: new park, Colossus clone and free-fall drop Intamin

Sam

TS Member
Spotted by TilySlo on CF, and by Sammy on here, and passed onto me. :)

A huge new Italian park has already started construction, without us knowing anything about it! It'll be featuring a Colossus-clone, a Th13teen-style Intamin free-fall coaster, and an indoor Mack SuperSplash.

LLnf3.jpg

Well this has literally come out of nowhere, and construction is quite advanced already.

3ciN9.jpg

The concept art is, quite frankly, beyond belief:

R8vAF.jpg

Fb2Py.jpg

rqnDd.jpg

iu1qb.jpg

wo1tN.jpg

The masterplan for the expansion of the park:

XzMZA.jpg

It kinda looks like DLP but in reverse - they're building the more Studios-esque park (on the left) first. :)

FIn7x.jpg

69ToS.jpg

The indoor Freefall looks rather cool actually...

Yay for Italy! And more dark rides! Based on their history of them (shooting ones) those will probs be the best rides on park...

It seems that theme parks are really taking off in Italy right now for whatever reason. A few years ago, the only thing that really interested me there was Katun. Gardaland has always looked nice, but I had never been convinced that it had the ride quality to match the theming.

Skip to now and we have three major parks being built from scratch in the space of three years all with massive budgets and incredible theming. Plus there's iSpeed, Raptor, Shock, Storm and a host of other new coasters. I've never seen anything like it in Europe before! It must be a fantastic time to be an Italian coaster enthusiast, the closest we ever got to this was 1994.

wo1tN.jpg

This archway reminds me of an old black and white movie set and I can't for the life of me remember what it was called! :mad:

Anyway, this looks absolutely stunning! Loving the B&M hyper coaster too!

But this isn't going to turn into one of those parks that never gets started, is it? I hope not because it looks incredible and has the potential to be the number one theme park in Italy!

The two plans at the top have confused me. The buildings are the same, as are the paths etc. however, the coaster at the top left of the park is different. On one, it's the Colossus clone, on the other, it's something else. I'm confused even more by picture of, what appears to be, the B&M hyper. Which is real?!

iu1qb.jpg

Excuse me whilst I study this one particular concept art and then fantasise about it existing.

Rainbow MagicLand "looked" like it should be incredible - and some of the concepts were beyond belief. Indeed, some of the theming in the park today is also incredible.

But it ends there.

It's done so cheaply, you can almost push your hand through much of it.

I hope this isn't the same.

BigAl said:
But this isn't going to turn into one of those parks that never gets started, is it? I hope not because it looks incredible and has the potential to be the number one theme park in Italy!

In answer to that, the first phase should definitely be happening! As the picture below proves,

463.jpg

That is the track of the Colossus clone ready and waiting to be erected, so fingers crossed it should all go to plan and get built. However I am skeptical of the 2013 opening date, especially if it is going to be finished to a good quality! :p

Okay, doing some further research on this place, it already has a website here! Which is fairly well produced and suits the park really well from what we have seen so far!

However, the most interesting thing to be seen on the website, is a little competition they have been running, which is now also extended until the 17th December... Where you can design the mascot for the park! I have embedded the English version of the video below!

Cinecittà World Mascot Creativity Contest (ENG)

Now some brief stats taken from the site;

1. The project appears to be being built in 4 phases, with the initial theme park taking up 60 Hectares, then by the time stage 4 is reached the over all size is said to be about 150 Hectares.
  2. There will be 16 attractions for children with a mini indoor park
  3. 3 Thrill based attractions
  4. 19 Family attractions
  5. 7 Restaurants
  6. 11 Ice Cream Bars
  7. 57 Kiosks, Snack shops and Merchandise Zones
  8. 1 Entertainment Area

Sounds like quite a development I must say!!

AstroDan said:
Rainbow MagicLand "looked" like it should be incredible - and some of the concepts were beyond belief. Indeed, some of the theming in the park today is also incredible.

But it ends there.

It's done so cheaply, you can almost push your hand through much of it.

I hope this isn't the same.

Often a problem with starting up a new park, there were a few parts of that park which just showed they'd run out of any form of budget... Probably because they'd turned around and decided to focus on making one of the best European dark rides ever...

This park looks good though... Could continue adding to an already decent ride line up in the country...

It seems gone or the days when you started a theme park by trying to bring something new to a zoo, park, field, or similar, and bought a handful of cheap flats, an off the shelf Pinfari or two, some burger vans, and let it grow from there. These days parks seem to string up, aiming to go for the national and worldwide stage from the word go. This leads to expensive projects, and in the end a period of budget cuts to try and get the place finished and ready to go.

Hopefully this park won't make the same mistakes (Though I won't be surprised if it does happen. At least with Rainbow MagicLand Maurer rides are quite cheap. Using Intamin will probably have an impact on the amount spent on hardware here. Especially with the illusive second Family Drop Coaster!)

An article on 'The Parks' website has emerged recently which details the reopening of an old theme park that closed in 2008 called 'Luneur Park'. It will apparently rbe eopening under Cincecitta's supervision as a kids park with 12 rides:

The article on 'The Parks' (translated by Google):

Luneur Park
reopens Luneur. From December 2nd you will discover in preview

ingresso_luneur1.jpg

The news is history: the Luneur reopens. And this time it's true. So true that, without waiting for the spring of 2013 , the Romans will be able to get a glimpse tomorrow. In fact, by December 2 (and until the end of February), at the Auditorium Parco della Musica avenue De Coubertin you can peek at the new Luneur thanks to a dedicated area where they will be exposed to the architectural design, the images of the new park and 3 of the 16 new mechanical attractions.

luneur_park.jpg

At 5 years from the end, then, the historic Luna Park's Eur district back to life and, mind you, the definition of Luna Park does not suit him more, will be a City Park last generation, which is a park in line with the standards Europe, with a specific target: families and children under 12 . It will therefore be a park where you pay close attention to the safety, comfort and green areas (among other things, at the end of the drainage works in progress, the area will boast 340 different species of plants and tall trees) .

la_terrazza_punto_ristoro%20(1).jpg

How to (re) born Luneur Park? Thanks to the partnership between the IEG - Italian Entertainment Group and Filmmaster Events (under the direction and coordination of Cinecittà Entertainment ). With a total investment of 16 million euro , with the restructuring of the attractions supertiti , with an important reclamation of space, with 16 new mechanical attractions , dining and new forms of entertainment in line with the target of the park.
's goal is to reach the 850,000 visitors a year.
vocation And the new family of Luneur Park? According to the CEO Simone Merico "does not interfere with the park but rather enhances it and repositions it in a competitive way" .

la_torre_magica.jpg

Luneur Park has a facebook page and a website through which you can request an invitation to the inauguration of the park , scheduled for the 2013 season.

luneur.jpg

So what did 'Luneur Park' used to look like? Here's the RCDB page for it. It was home to one of my all time favourite Pinfari coasters... :p

4ji0a1hf06mdb0lpe0keg0.jpg

n39u0dcqn1bj218t00042q.jpg

kaqqplc2n6k2hr000865s0.jpg

c44p0keo0021hf06mdbglp.jpg

aks18tg00k32u0dcqm1bjk.jpg

a3k53m002gcbo1ljas5eg0.jpg

Shame I can't find the POV for that coaster. It looked great! :'(

Team Edit Luneurpark's website is currently flagged as a site containing Malware by Chrome/Google. As a result, the image hosted on Luneurpark's site has been removed to prevent error messages being given when members try to access this post.

Yes! Pinfari world live again! I was so sad when I found out it had closed. It looked like it had a lot of character. I wonder how many of the old coasters will remain.

Well that was a bit impressive! :eek: I don't think we'll be seeing another RainbowMagic Land any more, that's for sure! :p

I can't help but feel that this park will turn out nothing like the concepts. Some of the concepts look incredible and if they were to be pulled off then the theming would be rivalling some of the best in the world. I know they are planning two parks in the long run, but lots of the concepts show what appears to be a great looking B&M mega coaster, but I can't work out where this is going; I guess it is for the second phase of development. Also, the Colossus clone doesn't seem to be in any of the concepts which leads me to think they may just be a dream. I'd love to be proven wrong though.

:)

Harsh on Rainbow, it is a lovely park that suffered from having to rush and running out of budget (as seen by the unfinished nature of many of the ride's theming, such as Shock's pre-launch and ride stations, they are improving)... They did create one of the best dark rides in the continent, which is probably why they had to cut corners elsewhere...

All ride concepts look good, look at some of the stuff produced for Towers... It's how much actually makes the jump to real life that's key... There is a lot of potential for this park, wonder if generic movie park will work a second time in Italy (what with MovieWorld up near Gardaland)...