• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Coronavirus

Coronavirus - The Poll

• Total voters
Interestingly, the IMF is being even more optimistic than the British body in terms of unemployment predictions, predicting a rise to only 4.8% unemployment. This is compared to 8.5% during the financial crisis. The other predictions that the IMF makes include that the British economy will grow by 4% in 2021, but that the recession in 2020 will be the worst since the Great Depression. Take a look: https://apple.news/AGTS4SvL9RJS4xVLaQV8Oig

:confused:
I cant do Brexit talk anymore, my brain cant cope with that and the virus,
but

WE, the UK left the EU on the 31 January 2020 Brexit is over and done with , end of, we not going back, good riddance

This poxy coronavirus will kill off the EU. Italy he first to leave.

Except a long term deal still isn't finished yet that was just a withdrawal agreement and so far just withdrawal in name really as we are still in the transition period so its not over and done with. The long term affects are not yet realised whatever they may be. However given this thread is about Coronavirus not quite sure such political outbursts are necessary here. Especially something as delusional as suggesting this will kill off the EU...

Reading on the good old internet, the UK lockdown has been too successful
Gov thought there would be more people going to work, more kids in school and less people taking up the furlough scheme
Less people have been infected than they predicted

when the try and make us go back to work now, there will be a new spike in infection

The economic body for Britain has predicted that a 3 month lockdown followed by 3 months of additional measures could see the British economy contract by 35% in Q2 and 6.5% for the entirety of 2020.

Except there won’t be a 3 month lockdown, I’d expect at most another 3 weeks that will put us around the same time as France ends theirs.
Schools can then start to open again after the Mayday holiday as they will be one of the first to reopen, it’s already been stated that will be the case, and needs to happen to free up a lot of the workforce.

Reading on the good old internet, the UK lockdown has been too successful
Gov thought there would be more people going to work, more kids in school and less people taking up the furlough scheme
Less people have been infected than they predicted

when the try and make us go back to work now, there will be a new spike in infection
Yep, there will of course be a spike, the key is will it be a maintainable spike in cases or not.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Just reading on BBC News live feed that Trump has suspended paying any more to the World Health Organisation, blaming them for mistakes , delays and being too close to China. As much as I dislike the guy, I think he is right on this one.

Just reading on BBC News live feed that Trump has suspended paying any more to the World Health Organisation, blaming them for mistakes , delays and being too close to China. As much as I dislike the guy, I think he is right on this one.

Gary, if it's possible for you to briefly overlook your obsession with punishing China, do you not think it's possible that very stable genius Donald Trump might be looking for a scapegoat? He acted against the advice of the World Health Organisation, did not engage measures and is now leading a country that is digging mass graves.

And of course you know better than the worlds biggest health organisation, as does Trump.
Selective quoting, with the benefit of hindsight, is so easy.
Another topic to give up on, to be filed with Brexit.