• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Coronavirus

Coronavirus - The Poll

• Total voters
Have seen few people say they won’t but anything made in China again. Each to there own but that is so hard is this day and age when most of the household things you have are made in China. I was watching a program from a few years ago Made in Britain, in short the guy has everything removed from his home thats not made in the uk he then has to replace all the stuff taken with stuff made in the uk. Tho it was fair few years ago it’s still an eye opener to see how much stuff we don’t make. But that’s what people need to understand it’s nice you want to buy British but I doubt you’ll get everything.

Have seen few people say they won’t but anything made in China again. Each to there own but that is so hard is this day and age when most of the household things you have are made in China. I was watching a program from a few years ago Made in Britain, in short the guy has everything removed from his home thats not made in the uk he then has to replace all the stuff taken with stuff made in the uk. Tho it was fair few years ago it’s still an eye opener to see how much stuff we don’t make. But that’s what people need to understand it’s nice you want to buy British but I doubt you’ll get everything.
And where do you stop? Even things not made in China contain components from the country. Or rare earths/minerals from China

If this was a plan by China, I'd presume it's backfired spectacularly, because China's GDP and economy have tanked just as much as those of the rest of the world.

I still maintain that I don't think China intended to release this virus and that it came from a wet market. It's not the sort of thing that any country in the world would do, and besides, I don't think now is the time to be discussing the world's missteps in dealing with the pandemic.

I don't think anyone is to blame here; it's just one of those things that happens inexplicably.

“The Home Secretary said there had been a fall in overall crime during the outbreak, with "car crime, burglary, shoplifting" lower than the same period last year.”

Taken from today’s briefing and said with a straight face, what a pathetic excuse for a politician, of course shop lifting and burglary is down, shops are shut and we are all at home you stupid .......:mad:

“The Home Secretary said there had been a fall in overall crime during the outbreak, with "car crime, burglary, shoplifting" lower than the same period last year.”

Taken from today’s briefing and said with a straight face, what a pathetic excuse for a politician, of course shop lifting and burglary is down, shops are shut and we are all at home you stupid .......:mad:
Err... even though yes the reason is obvious, I really see nothing wrong with this fact being stated, and certainly it doesn't make them a "pathetic excuse for a politician"...

Remind me what are you typing that on?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

A one plus phone made in China that I bought 2 years ago before this pandemic and will be replacing with a Samsung made in Korea very soon. Granted you can't avoid all Chinese products as some of the chips etc may be made there, but many things can be avoided which has a made in China label on it and I'll be actively looking from now on where items I want to purchase are made.

People saying they wont buy anything made in China again? Good luck with that. The processors and chips in all phones, tablets, smart TVs, PCs, laptops (I could go on) are all made in China. Despite the actual company they are made for being from America. Such as Intel, Apple, AMD, Microsoft.

This tech example is just one small, small example. Like it or not. We are the point when even if you buy something that is not made in China. Parts that make up that device or thing will be made in China.

they ate bats ! you dont see British people in the butchers ordering a kilo of fresh bat :rolleyes:
oh and throw in a kilo of fresh dog and a few cats tails :confused:
Remind me what country BSE came from?

I get that China have got plenty of problems when it comes to animal welfare and they certainly need to change the way they treat and keep them, but don't pretend the West is whiter than white.

Also, some countries don't eat cows, or pigs or other animals. Don't make the ignorant mistake of thinking because it happens here it is the normal thing. Open your eyes. The world is a massive place. A we in the West and the UK are not the centre of it. Infact, what is 'normal' here is a massive minority.

Last edited:
Remind me what country BSE came from?

I get that China have got plenty of problems when it comes to animal welfare and they certainly need to change the way they treat and keep them, but don't pretend the West is whiter than white.
But cows are bred to be eaten
You don’t see many bat farms about

As a vegetarian, I fail to see how eating cows or pigs is okay but dogs, cats, bats, whatever, isn't. People keep pigs as pets too.

Also, @bluesonichd your haddock supper probably wasn't farmed either!

As a vegetarian, I fail to see how eating cows or pigs is okay but dogs, cats, bats, whatever, isn't. People keep pigs as pets too.

Also, @bluesonichd your haddock supper probably wasn't farmed either!

As a meat eating almost carnivore, I also fail to see an issue. I'll eat any kind of animal, no need to be picky.

Its not so much the eating of an animal which is the issue here, it's how the animal is treated. I know we are not 100% perfect in the UK, but I think keeping animals.crammed into cages that are too small, then skinned alive, or killed in a street market, with the blood of the animal and other stuff mixing with the remains of other animals killed in the same place is not only inhumane , but increases the risk of viruses and diseases emerging in the population.

CCP doesn't treat it's humans with much respect as it is so animals have no chance.

Thought this was quite a good article about it

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...tist-says-human-intrusion-nature-pandemic-aoe

It's a cultural difference as well, like wet markets and eating more unconventional animals like bats, dogs, cats etc is considered socially acceptable in China because as you say, animals largely don't have much of a chance.

It all comes down to food hygiene. The uk has a department of the food standards agency call meat hygiene.
Meat hygiene check the standards of abattoirs and the meat processed through them.
If the meat in china was regulated in the same way as the uk. Then we would not be talking about it.

At the end of the day it not the meat. Its the quality and hygiene of it.

Sent from my SM-J600FN using Tapatalk