• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Coronavirus

Coronavirus - The Poll

• Total voters
Shame we are not monkeys.
Monkeys are some of our closest biological relatives; we evolved from apes according to Darwin! Besides, if it works in monkeys, then that should be a promising sign for it to work in humans!

Call me a cynic but isn’t that strange that China might have a vaccine?

Poison the world with a factory made virus, destroy all developed economies whilst buying up the debt and then once that’s done miraculously come up with a vaccine that you can charge a fortune for and finally finish off the developed world.
If this is even close to the truth there is war coming and a big one, Trump WILL destroy China.

I need to stop read these conspiracy theories before I start scarring myself.

Call me a cynic but isn’t that strange that China might have a vaccine?

Poison the world with a factory made virus, destroy all developed economies whilst buying up the debt and then once that’s done miraculously come up with a vaccine that you can charge a fortune for and finally finish off the developed world.
If this is even close to the truth there is war coming and a big one, Trump WILL destroy China.

I need to stop read these conspiracy theories before I start scarring myself.
It's not like the country that had the first reported infections would have started work on a vaccine first so would be ahead in development...

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Load of tosh n nonsense
China with 1.4 billion people. With a low death rate in comparison
They had this vaccine manufacturing at the same time as the virus being made
It’s the only logical conclusion

Load of tosh n nonsense
China with 1.4 billion people. With a low death rate in comparison
They had this vaccine manufacturing at the same time as the virus being made
It’s the only logical conclusion
China also has one of if not the world's most sophisticated surveillance states, so tracking and containment wasn't exactly hard for them.

I don't think there's anything suspicious about China having a vaccine that works. They got the first cases, so will naturally have had a headstart on this sort of thing.

The entire world is battling this virus together. Just because this vaccine candidate is Chinese, that does not mean that it's a ploy for China to bankrupt the developed world, because I highly doubt it is. A vaccine is what frees the world from our current predicament, so I'd suggest that China is merely providing the end to this crisis that every country in the world wants.

I don't think there's anything suspicious about China having a vaccine that works. They got the first cases, so will naturally have had a headstart on this sort of thing.

The entire world is battling this virus together. Just because this vaccine candidate is Chinese, that does not mean that it's a ploy for China to bankrupt the developed world, because I highly doubt it is. A vaccine is what frees the world from our current predicament, so I'd suggest that China is merely providing the end to this crisis that every country in the world wants.
Either way whoever develops the vaccine will hold an enormous amount of power globally, I'm not sure I trust any one country with that.

Either way whoever develops the vaccine will hold an enormous amount of power globally, I'm not sure I trust any one country with that.

Surely all the countries will come together to try and disperse the vaccine doses equally among every country that needs them? The people creating the vaccines only have good intentions; they want to help the world leave this crisis behind and get on with recovering and making sure that the virus can't spread uncontrollably.

Surely all the countries will come together to try and disperse the vaccine doses equally among every country that needs them? The people creating the vaccines only have good intentions; they want to help the world leave this crisis behind and get on with recovering and making sure that the virus can't spread uncontrollably.
The people creating the vaccines might have good intentions but the people in charge of them won't.
I expect any vaccine to be used as a political weapon.

So what, the rest of the world should sit back and go “oh yay, you’ve developed a vaccine, but actually we won’t be using it thanks”?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So what, the rest of the world should sit back and go “oh yay, you’ve developed a vaccine, but actually we won’t be using it thanks”?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That's not the point I'm making, more everyone will want it so whoever made it can set whatever conditions on access they want.

The people creating the vaccines might have good intentions but the people in charge of them won't.
I expect any vaccine to be used as a political weapon.

But surely it's in every country's best interests to offer the entire world a fair opportunity for vaccine doses? It's cooperation between countries and fair dispersal of vaccines that will solve this crisis, not profiteering.

But surely it's in every country's best interests to offer the entire world a fair opportunity for vaccine doses? It's cooperation between countries and fair dispersal of vaccines that will solve this crisis, not profiteering.
It's in the world's best interest yes, but not everyone will see the bigger picture, there are much bigger short term gains for individual countries to profiteer.

There's lots of research and trials into vaccines worldwide. There might be more than one vaccine to hit the market which isn't a bad thing. Some might be more effective, be cheaper, have fewer side effects etc than others too.

To be fair though, pharmaceutical companies profiting from disease is always controversial... but if they can't make any money they won't invest time and money into it. It's an uncomfortable truth.

Anyone who thinks China is innocent in all of this is deluded. Scientists have traces the mutations as far back as September.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/metro....tarted-september-scientists-say-12576961/amp/

Its well known from medics in China that the authorities knew about this virus early December but tried to cover it up as they have done in the past.

They refuse to let any independent group in to try and trace it's origins, they silence academics researching the virus and it's origins, yet their infection and death rate for the size of the country looks ridiculous compared to the rest of the world. Meanwhile China's own workers running the crematoriums have spoken out saying they don't agree with the death figures, which, were suddenly revised by 50% last week.

The virus came from China, either a lab or the market, though with secrecy and nervousness coming from the CCP whenever anyone tried to find it's it's origins I would put money it being the lab in Wuhan. You don't shut down an entire country and build a 1000 bed hospital from scratch within a week for a new virus you know nothing about that has killed a few people so far. They knew what this was from the start.

As for them developing a vaccine. How convieninenient. They collapse the world economies, sacrifice a few of their own, but then find a vaccine so the whole world thinks China is great and billions and trillions of dollars go into the country for the access to the vaccine. Meanwhile China's economy grows and grows while the rest of the world goes back 10 years.

New world order anyone.....

I wouldn't trust any vaccine from China, and I won't be putting any more money into their economy from the purchase of goods until the CCP is gone.

Anyone who thinks China is innocent in all of this is deluded. Scientists have traces the mutations as far back as September.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/metro....tarted-september-scientists-say-12576961/amp/

Its well known from medics in China that the authorities knew about this virus early December but tried to cover it up as they have done in the past.

They refuse to let any independent group in to try and trace it's origins, they silence academics researching the virus and it's origins, yet their infection and death rate for the size of the country looks ridiculous compared to the rest of the world. Meanwhile China's own workers running the crematoriums have spoken out saying they don't agree with the death figures, which, were suddenly revised by 50% last week.

The virus came from China, either a lab or the market, though with secrecy and nervousness coming from the CCP whenever anyone tried to find it's it's origins I would put money it being the lab in Wuhan. You don't shut down an entire country and build a 1000 bed hospital from scratch within a week for a new virus you know nothing about that has killed a few people so far. They knew what this was from the start.

As for them developing a vaccine. How convieninenient. They collapse the world economies, sacrifice a few of their own, but then find a vaccine so the whole world thinks China is great and billions and trillions of dollars go into the country for the access to the vaccine. Meanwhile China's economy grows and grows while the rest of the world goes back 10 years.

New world order anyone.....

I wouldn't trust any vaccine from China, and I won't be putting any more money into their economy from the purchase of goods until the CCP is gone.
Remind me what are you typing that on?

Hope the UK vaccine works ...
what’s that Michel Barnier ? Brexit negotiations?
We hold all the cards. :D
Moan and throw your toys out the pram about that !

Remind me what are you typing that on?

Your correct, right now we don’t have a choice, I expect that to change in the next 5 - 10 years, everyone, and I mean everyone I speak with will never buy another thing from China once there is a choice.