• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Coronavirus

Coronavirus - The Poll

• Total voters
No Banana Milkshake, No Party!

I understand the appeal of a Maccies at 3am post beers or convenience at the roadside, not sure I would get one delivered to be honest. Just buy some Heinz burger sauce and some superior burgers, much nicer. Unless you burn it :D

Government lying now also includes the testing numbers hitting the 100k target, including about 27k postal tests that were sent out today.

Therefore anything can be termed as complete as long as it's in the post.
IL make sure to tell my credit card provider that about my bill payment!

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Going back to the topic of discussion the other day, PPE. Germany have been widely praised for their handling of the pandemic both in the wider media and on these forums. Yet even health care workers there have been protesting about a lack of PPE. It is far from a British problem.

Again, just trying to provide some balance. I also think that the increase in testing over the past week has been pretty impressive, even if there are some questions to be asked over whether the 100,000 target was actually met.

Going back to the topic of discussion the other day, PPE. Germany have been widely praised for their handling of the pandemic both in the wider media and on these forums. Yet even health care workers there have been protesting about a lack of PPE. It is far from a British problem.

Again, just trying to provide some balance. I also think that the increase in testing over the past week has been pretty impressive, even if there are some questions to be asked over whether the 100,000 target was actually met.
Even with the new license requirements several countries now have on exports of ppe (such as the UK) I don't think there's really any one country who can say they handled it well.

Some questions is about right.

They've included posted test kits that havne't been returned yet, according to the official figures on the government's own site they've actually tested 71,000 and not 100,000.

I tell you now, your maccys will be stone cold by the time it will get to you via delivery.
Their food goes cold within minutes - don't get me started on their fries.
Me and @spinba11 didn't have issues when ordering 30 cheeseburgers in one Uber eats order.
(Well me him and someone else)

Are you measuring it in £ or how many bags it comes in....

As it stands, it'll likely consist of:
  • Sharing box of McNuggets
  • Sharing box of Mozzarella Dippers
  • 5 Chicken Selects
  • Large fries
  • Large Coke
  • McFlurry (depends on what's available, so long as it isn't a Nestlé product)
Almost tempted to get some prosecco chilling in the fridge as well to make it a bit more decadent. Because why not?

Can't wait to hear the complaints as the euphoria turns to absolute anger when they can't keep up with demand quickly enough when everyone tries to order at the same time on the first couple of days that they open.

"Janine, 23, blasted the fast food company for cancelling her order and blamed them for ruining the only thing that her son Logan, 12, had been looking forward to for the past 6 weeks".

Last edited:
I don’t know why they shut in The first instance. They didn’t have to.

And is it true Greggs have now backtrack and not opening :(

I don’t know why they shut in The first instance. They didn’t have to.

And is it true Greggs have now backtrack and not opening :(

They closed because they were not selling enough to justify staying open, the 2 different ones I went too were both very quiet, it’s only when they announced they were going to close everyone went nuts and started queuing.
It was a business decision to shut as they were not making the £££, nothing to do with safety of the workers like they tried to make out.

Last edited:
they could have kept a few open, there is a costa coffee near me thats still open, they are only running the drive through but its always busy as its the only one still open.

in other news, had email this morning, Vaillant still think June is going to be viable to start traveling, :)
#LockdownEnd #ThemeParksOpen
qiemmqL.jpg

Last edited:
they could have kept a few open

That’s not how the business model works though, they need volume.
They can’t just order 200 burgers from the supplier, these factories are set up to supply mostly McDonalds and it isn’t worth running a shift making literally 100’s of thousands of a certain product be it burgers/nuggets or buns per shift.
I’m in the industry and heard it will take 3 weeks notice before they can start up again properly to allow the supply chain to start up again, McDonalds buy more tonnage of beef than any other customer in the UK and Ireland.