• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Coronavirus

Coronavirus - The Poll

• Total voters
It tracks anonymised IDs of other devices you have met, not location, so those people can be notified when you have been near them, so if you get the virus it is easier to tell people you have been near that you have had it. Its not mandatory in the UK but probably a lot easier than trying to use pen and paper to keep track of every person you get near!
Depending on what Bluetooth signals it's logging it's still potentially possible to geolocate people.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

:flushed:wonder if theres a way to block me posting on this thread, save everyones sanity

It's been 48 hours, is it to soon to start celebrating someone having pressed that button? :laughing:

I'm next to certain there will be the start of an easing of some restrictions announced next week.

I'd guess high risk people still isolating, but a staggered return to somewhere towards normality for others.

I have no mobile, and will not be compelled to get one.
The scheme is voluntary and only advisory.
Nobody will be compelled to use the scheme, they hope to get a 50% useage.
Usual good quality rant though diogo.
More than that - it’s been said that to be effective, 80% of smartphone users (which would be about 60% the population) would have to run the app. For comparison, 67% of smartphone users have downloaded WhatsApp...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

More than that - it’s been said that to be effective, 80% of smartphone users (which would be about 60% the population) would have to run the app. For comparison, 67% of smartphone users have downloaded WhatsApp...

Which is where employers will start pressuring employees to download the app, I think I could get around my work doing that but most won't be able to.

Which is where employers will start pressuring employees to download the app, I think I could get around my work doing that but most won't be able to.

Will mean a lot of policy changes for jobs where you can’t keep your phone on you, for instance most frontliners at theme parks, people in cash handling roles etc

Will mean a lot of policy changes for jobs where you can’t keep your phone on you, for instance most frontliners at theme parks, people in cash handling roles etc

Yes until an alternative is figured it, I imagine if ble wristbands were an option they would be preferred.

Third hand reports of staff returning to work, not reopening.
The comments below the actual article show there is no real verifiable source to this.
...a member of staff said in confidence...

So it will say carry phone with all notification and alarms turned off. With no interaction with the phone during working time.

At work the policy for works phone says software installed is decided by ICT team. So i can see the TTI app being made mandatory for all work mobiles.
(At least i won't have to install it on my personal one)

Sent from my SM-J600FN using Tapatalk

Scientists in Arizona have detected a new strain of the virus which is weaker than the previous ones and mirrors a deletion detected on the 2003 SARS outbreak where the virus eventually disappeared. The mutation allows the virus to evade human immune system cells and infect someone. The mutation is the absence of these cells on the virus, meaning the body would detect it and kill it before it could replicate.

https://www.eurekalert.org/pub_releases/2020-05/asu-ast050420.php

So it will say carry phone with all notification and alarms turned off. With no interaction with the phone during working time.

At work the policy for works phone says software installed is decided by ICT team. So i can see the TTI app being made mandatory for all work mobiles.
(At least i won't have to install it on my personal one)

Sent from my SM-J600FN using Tapatalk
Until they decide to demand you allow MDM access to your personal device to use for tracking at work...

Scientists in Arizona have detected a new strain of the virus which is weaker than the previous ones and mirrors a deletion detected on the 2003 SARS outbreak where the virus eventually disappeared. The mutation allows the virus to evade human immune system cells and infect someone. The mutation is the absence of these cells on the virus, meaning the body would detect it and kill it before it could replicate.

https://www.eurekalert.org/pub_releases/2020-05/asu-ast050420.php
I don't know if I'm misinterpreting this or not, but this sounds very, very promising to me! If the virus burns itself out in a SARS-esque fashion, then we may not necessarily need to rely on a vaccine! I know the chances of that are very, very slim, what with COVID-19's far greater prevalence in society than SARS, but it's a point worth considering!

Rather spookily, the virus burning itself out would also parallel what that science book that allegedly first predicted COVID-19 said; I think it said something along the lines of "it would vanish as quickly as it appeared".

I personally think there is more chance of it burning itself out than finding a vaccine.
I also read this evening that the mutant dominant in Europe and the US is a lot more contagious and more deadly than the one in Asia, this could explain why the ban on Chinese flights that Italy and the US Introduced might of actually backfired.
It allowed a more aggressive mutant to dominate when a less aggressive one might of been dominant otherwise.

How long would it take to burn itself out, if this did happen? Months, years, or longer?

Flu hasn't died out, so there's no guarantee it will. It might always be around.

I know that the chances of it burning itself out are very, very slim, but it might be a point worth considering.

Also, as stupid as it might sound, it might be worth keeping what that book said in mind, as it did seem to predict COVID-19, MRSA and MERS, amongst others, as happening around when they actually happened. I know that there's a 99.99999999999% chance that that's just a scary coincidence, but I must admit that it's quite creepy for a book to be able to accurately predict that sort of thing multiple times...