• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Coronavirus

Coronavirus - The Poll

• Total voters
They also suggested that they could go to places like Africa, where the virus is only just starting to accelerate.

So the isle of wight is the beta testers for the app that is the centre of the TTI strategy.
How well do we think test, track, isolate is going to work?

Sent from my SM-J600FN using Tapatalk

So the isle of wight is the beta testers for the app that is the centre of the TTI strategy.
How well do we think test, track, isolate is going to work?

The concept behind the app is good, but do you really trust nhsx to come up with a solution that someone like me couldn't tamper with easily?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Those phone apps are useless at theme parks, you are not allowed phones on the rides o_O
I take mine on as i have zipped pockets on my theme park trousers and coat.

Imanautie that can be a worry.

Last edited:
Maybe don't tamper with stuff designed to save lives..?
I don't think it Imanautie we need to worry about. It's people putting up altered versions that data collect from your phone.

We need to make sure we are getting the official app from the official source

Maybe don't tamper with stuff designed to save lives..?
I will be using my skills to test the app and follow responsible disclosure.
But someone with my skillset could easily tamper with the app by creating a fake all or modifying traffic.

I don't think it him we need to worry about. It's people putting up altered versions that data collect from your phone.

We need to make sure we are getting the official app from the official source

This is where the iOS ecosystem works well, wouldn't be a problem on there. Google... not so much.

For some reason I cannot just embed the image, but this post on Diaspora has a chart comparing the various permissions that these apps want. (Hope that link works?)

Here's what's going to happen: No one will be allowed out of the house, never mind allowed to travel or work, without this Orwellian nightmare installed on their phone.

I've read some truely chilling accounts from people who grew up in the DDR ("East Germany"), who've stated that even in the worst days of communist oppression, they had more freedom and felt less scared of the government than they do now. They honestly fear a return of the dreadded "papers please!"

And what about those of us without smart phones? Will we be tagged like wild animals? Will we have a choice?
Frankly I would rather die.

I will be using my skills to test the app and follow responsible disclosure.
But someone with my skillset could easily tamper with the app by creating a fake all or modifying traffic.

Seriously? :rolleyes:

Those phone apps are useless at theme parks, you are not allowed phones on the rides o_O
For places where a 2m distance can't be maintained, the government has advised on different means of safety, such as face masks and/or PPE, so staff checking restraints should be fine and people on rides could arguably be fine as well.

Besides, I think the app was designed for paths and public areas as opposed to on rides and in queues.

For some reason I cannot just embed the image, but this post on Diaspora has a chart comparing the various permissions that these apps want. (Hope that link works?)

Here's what's going to happen: No one will be allowed out of the house, never mind allowed to travel or work, without this Orwellian nightmare installed on their phone.

I've read some truely chilling accounts from people who grew up in the DDR ("East Germany"), who've stated that even in the worst days of communist oppression, they had more freedom and felt less scared of the government than they do now. They honestly fear a return of the dreadded "papers please!"

And what about those of us without smart phones? Will we be tagged like wild animals? Will we have a choice?
Permissions aren't always as obvious as the names might suggest.

For places where a 2m distance can't be maintained, the government has advised on different means of safety, such as face masks and/or PPE, so staff checking restraints should be fine and people on rides could arguably be fine as well.

Besides, I think the app was designed for paths and public areas as opposed to on rides and in queues.
As long as the wearer is clean shaven, otherwise it does not seal correctly

All the app does is track who you have met in the time since you got the virus. Similar to if you've ever been to an STI clinic and been asked to inform anyone you have had sexual contact with recently who you may have passed a virus on.
Not sure why this warrants a comparison with East Germany? Ye we don't have much freedom right now due to lockdown, but things should start to change again in a week. Two months lockdown where you shouldn't leave the house is very different to 40 years of East German rule.

If you can't see any problem with a government mandated tracking device on every person in the developed world, then I am not wasting any further time here.

Reports this morning suggest that the first case in France was actually in December last year, before the WHO even knew about the disease.

In a hyper-connected world there was never going to be a chance of stopping this sort of outbreak at source - by the time people realise what they're dealing with its already too late.

If you can't see any problem with a government mandated tracking device on every person in the developed world, then I am not wasting any further time here.

It tracks anonymised IDs of other devices you have met, not location, so those people can be notified when you have been near them, so if you get the virus it is easier to tell people you have been near that you have had it. Its not mandatory in the UK but probably a lot easier than trying to use pen and paper to keep track of every person you get near!