• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Coronavirus

Coronavirus - The Poll

• Total voters
there's evidence I read that lockdown helps flatten the curve, and just as much that it does nothing and the curve flattens because the virus finds a natural equilibrium.

just dont see why they have to keep the evidence they are using secret from everyone.

if I was a suspicion person, I would think they are hiding something from us o_O

there's evidence I read that lockdown helps flatten the curve, and just as much that it does nothing and the curve flattens because the virus finds a natural equilibrium.

just dont see why they have to keep the evidence they are using secret from everyone.

if I was a suspicion person, I would think they are hiding something from us o_O
If they released the evidence you would be saying it's in some way fake.
Whilst I think slightly dodgy stuff is going on, overall I think it is following the science.
It's the judgement calls as a result of that science we should be debating.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

If they released the evidence you would be saying it's in some way fake.
Whilst I think slightly dodgy stuff is going on, overall I think it is following the science.
It's the judgement calls as a result of that science we should be debating.

but we dont know what science they are following, no one does, only the inner cabinet, how can that be democracy, how they can he held to account

but we dont know what science they are following, no one does, only the inner cabinet, how can that be democracy, how they can he held to account
We never had a full democracy, democracy at scale generally isn't efficient and certainly not for long term Emergencies.

We never had a full democracy, democracy at scale generally isn't efficient and certainly not for long term Emergencies.

o_O so we just hand over our liberties to the governing and let them do what they want to us :confused:

and now they are spending 2billion on bikes for the city people :rolleyes:

so much for levelling up the nation, maybe the virus isnt as bad in the countrysides because we all dive everywhere, maybe they should just ban public transport and build better roads

o_O so we just hand over our liberties to the governing and let them do what they want to us :confused:

so much for levelling up the nation, maybe the virus isnt as bad in the countrysides because we all dive everywhere, maybe they should just ban public transport and build better roads
I didn't say we shouldn't question government, I'm pretty sure I said words to the effect of we should question their judgement.

You've dug another hole lad, you honestly TRUST the public to behave? You've seen the lockdown ignorance but even on a wider scale, wander into town at some stage when we get back to more normal and you'll see people doing incomprehensible, stupid things.

Let's say the mobile phone debate on coasters. Look through the hundreds or even thousands of crap phone POVs for a coaster. It's not sensible and the risk is physically obvious even for the taker (if we just said phone loss, not even injury of others) and there are high quality videos available for free but people still do it. We are now asking people like this to behave in the face of an invisible threat? It's not going to happen, is it?

Hahahaha stop trolling. This is a terrible take.

I didn't realise you're into diving. I took it up this year. Can't imagine there are many diving pools in the countryside, my nearest is in Aberdeen!

Last edited:
I had to go correct shopping this morningv from clock and collect and I would say the majority of people going in to the supermarket with trolleys and on the roads were the elderly.

Yep so we stay home and follows the rules to protect them and they stick 2 fingers up.
Sod them, I’m done with this.

Yep so we stay home and follows the rules to protect them and they stick 2 fingers up.
Sod them, I’m done with this.
Definitely no denying it - on my daily government-permitted walk the past couple of weeks, there've definitely been a sizeable number of elderly people (we're talking 80+) out and about, flouting the rules.

HOWEVER, it's a minority. Is it fair to muck things up for the majority of the vulnerable because of a minority of idiots?

I think it was always expected that the lockdown would fray around the edges after a few weeks, probably not helped by the nice weather and the media being irresponsible (quelle surprise).

Maybe when people see the roadmap tomorrow they will be inclined to stick with it a bit more. Keeping people in the dark is probably not helping compliance, whereas if people can see the next steps and the progress we're making they're more inclined to do their part

I think it was always expected that the lockdown would fray around the edges after a few weeks, probably not helped by the nice weather and the media being irresponsible (quelle surprise).

Maybe when people see the roadmap tomorrow they will be inclined to stick with it a bit more. Keeping people in the dark is probably not helping compliance, whereas if people can see the next steps and the progress we're making they're more inclined to do their part
Well said @Alsty. Couldn't have said it better. :)

I've seen the elderly in shops mentioned a few times, but I don't think anyone has mentioned the "socially distant street parties" promoted by the media. Some elderly folks will need to go to the shop if they don't have anyone to do it for them. Personally I'm more concerned that people think singing and doing the Conga 2 metres apart is somehow okay! People just like to push their luck and updated guidelines won't change that

Been off social media for a few weeks , just to try and reflect really where we are as a world.

What I would say is it seems to be the 60-80s that are breaking the rules the most from my experiences but also groups of Eastern European’s

Not sure why this is but it certainly seems that way in my town.

This lockdown is draining now m. My town is a tourist town and I’ve certainly noticed busier car parks and more traffic, and a lot more people by the river waking

It’s almost like people think we’re outta the woods, when in reality we’ve only just begun our journey with this virus

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I believe if the old people want to go out. Break the rules. Let them.
It’s their life. They’ve lived long enough to know how they want to live it.
:)

Oh and on a happier note.
If we ever get a vaccine
Remember in 2017 when the flu vaccine failed and caused an extra 50000 deaths

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...crisis-bad-weather-illness-2017-a8660496.html

There's a huge difference between
*Caused 50,000 deaths
And
*Didn't prevent 50,000 deaths.

If your going to talk about vaccines be at least somewhat accurate.