• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Coronavirus

Coronavirus - The Poll

• Total voters
Outside of this unusual time, people are horrid at times.
We all know about verbal abuse ride ops get, cause little prince is too short.

I have irrigated security guards eyes as they had some fluid throw at them.

A coffee shop worker beaten up for telling someone to join the queue.

And a fellow first aid volunteer being urinated on for telling someone to stop climbing on an ambulance.

So the way people are behaving on the beach does not surprise me at all.

Sent from my SM-J600FN using Tapatalk

I just don’t get why everything has to be eased at once instead of gradually over the next few weeks. But who ever thought it would be a good idea to reopen pubs on a Saturday really needs to give his head a wobble. I can’t see this ending well unfortunately the Sunday papers will be rubbing their hands with glee with how much content they will have. Pubs should of opened midweek give the staff time to get used to the new regime but now they have been thrown straight into the deep end I wish every one of them the best of luck.

I suppose it is still at the discretion of individual pubs whether they want to open on the Saturday or not. I can see some postponing opening until later in the week to avoid the chaos.

I suppose it is still at the discretion of individual pubs whether they want to open on the Saturday or not. I can see some postponing opening until later in the week to avoid the chaos.

and other chains that don't value their staff anyway will just plough on and hope it works.

The only thing with pubs and restaurants is that they are more controlled environments compared to beaches. Establishments can control numbers and refuse entry. Compared to beaches which are open spaces that cannot cap the amount of people visiting.

The thing I find bizarre with some of the images of beaches, how on earth are these people going there and thinking 'oh we can squeeze in that tiny gap by there'?! Looks like my idea of hell.

The only problem that might occur from pubs opening is drunken brawls on streets.

Either way, whether these spaces open now or in 3 months, or in 6 months, the outcome will be the same.

There does seem to be a worrying trend of consideration for society and other people having gone down the toilet especially since a few weeks after lockdown started. There were always quite a few scumbags around but a lot more people have quite clearly decided to stick 2 fingers up to everything and everyone else lately.

There does seem to be a worrying trend of consideration for society and other people having gone down the toilet especially since a few weeks after lockdown started. There were always quite a few scumbags around but a lot more people have quite clearly decided to stick 2 fingers up to everything and everyone else lately.
Almost as if a figure of authority did the same so people are copying.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

The weekend of the 4th will be like black Friday before Christmas. I feel sorry for the police that weekend, there will be a lot of trouble. People will be drinking like they have never seen booze before.

It's depressing to see beaches packed with people, no social distancing, roads blocked with anti-social parking, people being rude and spitting at officials trying to manage the situation and people leaving tonnes of rubbish on the beaches when they go. Are people normally this feral or is that just what happens when you let them fester indoors for three months and then tell them can go outdoors? We should start withholding furlough and benefits payments from people that can't take personal responsibility.

I've also hearing reports of public toilets being closed, so people have been making use of the side streets and peoples front gardens as well as going in the sand dunes and not clearing up afterwards :eek:

Last weekend I witnessed 2 examples of absolute paranoia whilst out and about. First in Asda, when passing a young lady who was stopped browsing some items, I passed by on the otherside of the, very wide, isle, and she pretty much dived in to the shelf to try and get out the way. The look of terror on her face was priceless. I would guess I was just slighgtly less than 2 metres when I passed her. The second, later on the same day, I was walking along the pavement, which was around 2 metres wide, and next to it is a grass verge, which is also about 2metres wide. Again, somebody walking the otherway, so I walk close up to the hedge, so at the very worst, said person coming the other way simply had to step on to the grass verge if they felt the need to keep exactly 2 metres or more, but no, they went straight passed that and stepped in to the road, and a very busy road at that. That sort of behaviour baffles me, you risk getting hit by traffic to avoid people at all costs, when the risk of catching anything passing anyone for a second is pretty much 0.

If that is the fear some people have, then maybe they shouldn't be out at all?

The 2 meter rule (or 1+ rule) doesn't stop you from catching the virus, it's about reducing the risk of transmitting to bring the R rate down. The further away you are from others, risk of the virus transmission is reduced. 2 meters is a lot further than what people think, it is the with of my drive way and I see people standing with non family members only inches away. Remember this isn't about you catching the virus, but also about you potentially passing the virus on, there may be very good reason for the person to move further away from you, so before you judge and criticise others for moving away, you just don't know if these people have an underlining health condition which makes them vulnerable of if they are living with a vulnerable family member. Jess and I have been shielding as Jess would not stand a chance against this virus, despite the fact they have identify that this steroid treatment can reduce deaths and increase recovery time, Jess is not allowed steroids treatment, so this treatment is no use to her if she catches Covid-19.

The bottom line is, this is a highly infectious virus, it can cause death and if you don't die from it, it has left people with life long damage their lungs, which has left them breathless and unable to do basic things. For many, this virus will be harmless, like I said, the social distancing rules are not there for you, but to protect those that are vulnerable and most at risk.

I just don’t get why everything has to be eased at once instead of gradually over the next few weeks. But who ever thought it would be a good idea to reopen pubs on a Saturday really needs to give his head a wobble. I can’t see this ending well unfortunately the Sunday papers will be rubbing their hands with glee with how much content they will have. Pubs should of opened midweek give the staff time to get used to the new regime but now they have been thrown straight into the deep end I wish every one of them the best of luck.

The reason is because this country is financially screwed and will be further down the pan if we don't, and not forgetting the impact of Brexit when the transition period finishes at the end of this year. This government is between a rock and a hard place with all this.

I do feel sorry for the shielders, they have sacrifices so much by not leaving their home or meeting up with family members, they have not been able to treat this lock down as a holiday, they have not been able to go and enjoy a walk, a trip to the beach or even a trip to their local shop, but yet their hard effort and sacrifice has been rewarded by the government by telling them, no matter what, as from the 1st of August, they have to go back out to work.

The weekend of the 4th will be like black Friday before Christmas. I feel sorry for the police that weekend, there will be a lot of trouble. People will be drinking like they have never seen booze before.
There is support requests coming in from different NHS ambulance trusts for vehicles from a large voluntary first aid organisation.

Sent from my SM-J600FN using Tapatalk

Good news; coronavirus has been proven to not change (mutate) very quickly in comparison to something like influenza, as its genetics haven’t really changed since the pandemic begun. This is very promising for vaccine possibilities: https://www.npr.org/sections/health...-good-news-for-vaccine-makers?t=1593201717572

Speaking of vaccines, Oxford’s candidate has been proven to produce a more effective immune response in pigs if two doses are given, similar to how the MMR vaccine works: https://www.pirbright.ac.uk/press-r...wo-doses-oxford-university’s-covid-19-vaccine

And the leader of the vaccine thinks that the entire UK population could be vaccinated by the end of 2020 if all goes well: https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/1...vid19-oxford-university-trials-drug-treatment

Very promising news; I certainly think chances of us having a vaccine by 2021 are going up!

This is another link which is the same story...

https://www.latimes.com/science/sto...en-more-sinister-than-scientists-had-realized

In summary. Scientists in the US have found that the virus rapidly reprograms healthy cells to become zombie cells, which produce tentacles which reach out to other near by healthy cells to infect them. If rewires proteins in the cells to avoid detection by the immune system. Scientists are saying that viruses such as smallpox and hiv do a similar thing, but it's very unusual for a virus which only jumped species around 6 months ago to have evolved to do this so quickly.

On the plus side, it may mean some cancer drugs may prevent the virus replicating....

You could also suggest that it's unusual for an Influenza virus to suddenly evolve into a strain that kills 50 million people (including many young, healthy people), but that's what happened in 1918 and I don't think anybody tried to say that was engineered in a laboratory.

Apparently Leicester is being heavily considered for the country’s first local lockdown following a recent spike in cases: https://apple.news/Afjdgg0CeSDCE-f4NQe7cQg

Could flare-ups like these be the way that the outbreak goes in future as opposed to a full-blown “second wave” like everyone’s predicting?