• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Coronavirus

Coronavirus - The Poll

• Total voters
It is based on 3 different studies that have taken place. The 3 month immunity headlines related to antibody immunity, however new evidence is showing that people develop T Cell immunity as well, even in mild or asymptomastic cases, and this immunity is thought to be long lasting.
Ooh; fantastic news! I had a feeling that there might be some other form of immunity, as it’s been well over 3 months since the outbreak began, and no one has seemingly been infected twice yet; it would have been worldwide news if someone had been reinfected with COVID, and as that seemingly hasn’t happened yet, I think we’re good on that front for now!

This is big, positive news; exactly the kind the world needs right now! I wonder why none of the big news outlets have reported this yet?

Probably because they are only small studies so far, and the new likes to focus on larger studies. The mainstream news outlets also much prefer bad news. Sky Breaking News Twitter for example Tweeted immediately the other day the daily cases had jumped back above 1,000, but did not Tweet the day before when they were around 700 and failed to mention that the 7 day average was actually down slightly.

@Rob No problem. Felt like we were due some good news and it's encouraging signs. Hopefully the vaccine trial results are not too much further away and we can start moving back (new) normality.

@Matt N he's a Nurse teacher so I suspect he has access to some white papers and stuff before it goes out to peer-review, giving him time to make his videos once they go public. He does name all of his sources in his materials including the URL to find the study.

There has been a few reports of people "catching" it twice, however nobody can officially agree if it's a relapse/reactivation or a second infection yet.

Sky Breaking News Twitter for example Tweeted immediately the other day the daily cases had jumped back above 1,000, but did not Tweet the day before when they were around 700 and failed to mention that the 7 day average was actually down slightly.

The figure jump down to 700 because it was a weekend figure, the weekend figures are always lower due to the way that the dater is collected.

Going by the data that I've been recording for the last 82 days, the 7 day average is slightly up this last week compared to the week before.

For the time being, I don’t think “slightly up” necessarily matters. As long as it’s not a sustained and/or exponential increase, which it doesn’t seem to be, I think we’re OK. A bit of mild fluctuation is natural for something like this.

For the time being, I don’t think “slightly up” necessarily matters. As long as it’s not a sustained and/or exponential increase, which it doesn’t seem to be, I think we’re OK. A bit of mild fluctuation is natural for something like this.

Those figures fluctuate daily, it depends on how you compare the figures, you will get different results, I like to compare today's figures with last weeks figure for today. So I would compare Mondays figures with previous Monday's figures, same for Tuesdays figures with previous Tuesdays figures and so on....

The highest figures that I have on record (since the last 82 days) were at the start of June (Wednesday June the 3rd 1878 new cases). The lowest figures that I have on record is the start of July (6th July 358 new cases, please note that this is a Monday where figures are low and this is around the time just when the lock down restrictions have just eased). The figures are now over 1000 new cases a day, they reached this figure 10 days ago and only two days during the last 10 days did the figures fall below the 1000 mark. Both of these days where the figure fell below the 1000 mark were on a Monday. Monday figures are usually low as these are the weekend figures.

I don't stress too much when the infection rate is slowly growing linearly. I think some growth is expected with the increased testing, especially when they're targeting areas with higher-infection rates. The problem is when the growth becomes exponential.

Also worth remembering the growth in infection rate is also because of areas with significantly above average rates skewing the figures. It's not high everywhere.

Those figures fluctuate daily, it depends on how you compare the figures, you will get different results, I like to compare today's figures with last weeks figure for today. So I would compare Mondays figures with previous Monday's figures, same for Tuesdays figures with previous Tuesdays figures and so on....

The highest figures that I have on record (since the last 82 days) were at the start of June (Wednesday June the 3rd 1878 new cases). The lowest figures that I have on record is the start of July (6th July 358 new cases, please note that this is a Monday where figures are low and this is around the time just when the lock down restrictions have just eased). The figures are now over 1000 new cases a day, they reached this figure 10 days ago and only two days during the last 10 days did the figures fall below the 1000 mark. Both of these days where the figure fell below the 1000 mark were on a Monday. Monday figures are usually low as these are the weekend figures.

Today there were 812 cases reported, last Wednesday it was 1009.

I think things are pretty stable in the UK at the moment. Yes more cases are being reported but that is due to mass testing in hotspots. The more you test, the more cases you will find. And we are testing a lot, which is good. The weekly ONS study, which is far more insightful than the daily figures, also shows that things are stable at present.

Here’s a little vaccine-related article that I hope will lighten your day a little; 9 reasons to be positive about a vaccine being widely available in 2021: https://apple.news/ANkIqqF9ATnit7CVt7_OYHg

The more I read and hear, the more optimistic I grow about the vaccine!
I’m trying not to be too optimistic but after seeing what the WHO said about the virus potentially being over in 2 years or less,I’m more hopeful!

Germany are going to trial and monitor 3 concerts in Leipzig. Volunteers between 18-50 are being asked to sign up. The concerts will cover 3 scenarios; pre-covid setting, social distancing and better hygiene setting and the third is socially distant with reduced numbers.

Should be interesting to see the results but seems a bit risky.

Source -BBC

Restart 19

Germany are going to trial and monitor 3 concerts in Leipzig. Volunteers between 18-50 are being asked to sign up. The concerts will cover 3 scenarios; pre-covid setting, social distancing and better hygiene setting and the third is socially distant with reduced numbers.

Should be interesting to see the results but seems a bit risky.

Source -BBC

Restart 19
As bad as this will probably sound it's needed, if the trials involve proper monitoring and control measures it could be done relatively safely whilst providing essential information.