• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Coronavirus

Coronavirus - The Poll

• Total voters
I'm guessing your vaccines have been organised by your GP surgery or similar rather than via the NHS website then?

I went into the website as my age now allowed me to get it and had to book both sessions now with the second one automatically 11-12 weeks away.
Yeah mine was through my GP surgery. If you book through your GP you only book one appointment at a time, but if you book via the NHS website you book both appointments at once.

I'm guessing your vaccines have been organised by your GP surgery or similar rather than via the NHS website then?

I went into the website as my age now allowed me to get it and had to book both sessions now with the second one automatically 11-12 weeks away.
My second one was due to be on Sunday just gone - got booked back in February when I went for my first vaccine. Ended up being unexpectedly brought forward by 10 days. No complaints, mind!

I've just booked my second appointment! Yes both of my appointments were organised at my surgery though I actually have to go to a vaccine centre in another village.

Actually just read back my booking invite and it says "current advice is to get your second vaccine at 8 weeks". Sounds like a change in procedure, they must be getting pretty worried about the Indian variant...

I've just booked my second appointment! Yes both of my appointments were organised at my surgery though I actually have to go to a vaccine centre in another village.
Yeah patients from my local surgery have to go to a church that's a 10 minute drive away as our surgery isn't big enough.

I booked via the NHS website and have to go to a large surgery that I think is currently only doing the vaccines all regular treatment must have been moved.
My partner had to go to the local leisure centre for his, but that was AstraZenica whereas they've switched to using Pfizer for us under 40s.

I booked via the NHS website and have to go to a large surgery that I think is currently only doing the vaccines all regular treatment must have been moved.
My partner had to go to the local leisure centre for his, but that was AstraZenica whereas they've switched to using Pfizer for us under 40s.
I'm 26 but got the AstraZenica one before the guidance changed. I'm not worried about blood clots though as the risk is so small.

GP practices get paid a fair bit per jab so some have pushed everything else out the way

I had to go to Macclesfield Hospital for both of mine. I live in Congleton, which is about 20 minutes' drive away, so that wasn't too bad. I had to book through some portal thingy that was in the text I received from my GP. I may have cheated a bit and parked at Sainsbury's so as to avoid the extortionate hospital parking charges, but I did make sure to buy something from the store so I could say I was an actual customer. I doubt I'm the only person who's done this. :p I ended up having the Pfizer one both times, but I wasn't bothered which one I had, so long as I actually got vaccinated. My parents have both had their first doses of AstraZeneca, with Mum having her second yesterday. Strangely, for the first one, Mum went to somewhere in Tunstall, but the second one saw her go to a pharmacy in Macclesfield. By a strange coincidence, the person administering her vaccine is in the Macclesfield-based choir Mum plays piano for, so that was a nice surprise for her! Dad had his first one in Alsager. There's some supreme sort of irony in that there's a vaccination clinic just ten minutes' walk down the road from where we live... :p

It seems that way
I got my 1st via work then automatically booked for 12 weeks after.
Then my local gp called me in 2 week before via text to get 2nd jab.

Seems that the two didn’t talk as the 1st hospital still had me booked in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I originally booked mine through the NHS website which allocates both first and second doses. The nearest location with availability was over 25 miles away.

Later that evening I got a text from my GP, so I cancelled that and I'm now booked in about 5 miles down the road instead. Much better. Only the first dose though, communication regarding the second one will follow in due course. Reading this thread it seems like that's fairly normal.

The two systems are unconnected so if you book with one, be sure to cancel the other.

I get my second dose next Tuesday which is the 11th week and 4 days on from the first and only found out because I called up and asked for an appointment. So God knows how close to wire my GP was willing to push it before telling me.

@Skyscraper the official guidance states if you had no severe averse reactions to the first jab (AZ & Under 40) you will receive AZ again. Like you say low odds especially for a male under 40, so fingers crossed just a dead arm at worse.

In terms of side-effects from the second dose of Pfizer, other than a slightly sore arm for a couple of days, I was completely fine. The only difference was I didn't have a headache this time around. With the AstraZeneca, Dad seemed to get quite lucky with his first dose, but Mum was rather unwell for about a week - apparently quite a rare thing to happen in women of her age. So far, she seems OK after her second dose.

My mum has really bad side effects for around 24 hours after both first and second dose of AZ, which is a shame as most people seem to have been fine after the second dose of AZ. Still, worth feeling rubbish for 24 hours for longer term gain.

I'm hoping it is not going to be too long before I get the call, maybe in the next few weeks.

My mum had quite a strong reaction to the first dose of AZ (felt fevery and tired for a few days). When she went for the second dose she mentioned it to the nurse. The nurse said it's quite common but one thing that can help is to make sure you drink lots of water and keep hydrated after getting the vaccine. Not sure how much of a difference it makes but it seems like a simple thing to do.

My mum had quite a strong reaction to the first dose of AZ (felt fevery and tired for a few days). When she went for the second dose she mentioned it to the nurse. The nurse said it's quite common but one thing that can help is to make sure you drink lots of water and keep hydrated after getting the vaccine. Not sure how much of a difference it makes but it seems like a simple thing to do.
The hydration thing is one that was mentioned to me by the nurse who gave me my second dose. It definitely helped to avoid the headache issue I had the first time around, I think.

Here’s a really interesting read. Scientists in Malaysia think they have found a New coronavirus - in dogs. Interestingly it shares the same deletion in the proteins which allows it to infect humans.

They think it may be the next type of coronavirus which will jump from animals to humans, this time being dogs and will be the next virus the world will have to deal with.

One thing is for sure, Coronavirus isn’t going away any time soon!

https://www.npr.org/sections/goatsa...ing-from-dogs?t=1621624617998&t=1621624727255