• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Coronavirus

Coronavirus - The Poll

• Total voters
I think we only have to look at the amount of people who think Covid is a hoax based on what they have seen on YouTube and other social media channels to realise how easy it is for these false claims to be spread. Sadly there are a lot of gullible people out there who also believe them.

https://news.sky.com/story/indian-v...-jabbed-but-confidence-vaccines-work-12307777

If this is true and most of those ending up in hospital with the Indian variant have been offered the vaccine but not taken it up then it does open the questions, 1) should they be treated at all and 2) should the rest of us have to put up with the continued lockdown measures because of them?
My answer to both is no, they made their deathbed by listening to the Anti-Vaxxer’s and can now lie in it.

Reasons for certain ethnic communities having vaccine hesitancy are complex and are simply not a case of ‘anti-vaxxers’.

Instead of rushing to condemn people, perhaps some research to understand the background might be a better use of time.

As a starter for 10:
https://www.bmj.com/content/372/bmj.n513

Reasons for certain ethnic communities having vaccine hesitancy are complex and are simply not a case of ‘anti-vaxxers’.

Instead of rushing to condemn people, perhaps some research to understand the background might be a better use of time.

As a starter for 10:
https://www.bmj.com/content/372/bmj.n513

Unless you are medically exempt there is no reason not to take the vaccine, it’s then a personal choice however you like to dress it up.
I don’t care what religion, what colour or anything else, It’s simple if you “choose” not to take it then don’t come asking for treatment if you need it because you “choose” not to take it.
We could always blame the government as they are obviously to blame for that as well.

By that logic the NHS shouldn't treat smokers? Or those who partake in activities like skiing, skating or BMXing? They chose to do something that increased their risk so we should just stick two fingers at them when they need medical help?

By that logic the NHS shouldn't treat smokers? Or those who partake in activities like skiing, skating or BMXing? They chose to do something that increased their risk so we should just stick two fingers at them when they need medical help?
That's an argument people actually make.

You could make the argument smokers shouldn’t be treated but then they also pay a premium into the NHS through extra taxation on the price of a packet of fags.

It’s illogical to make the argument for skateboarding or the like, driving also results in a lot of hospitalisations and deaths so should we ban driving?
There is a difference though, we have a vaccine for COVID that is safe for 99.9% of the population, there isn’t a “vaccine” yet for bad driving although I think Apple, Google and Tesla are working on one by removing the virus i.e. you and me.

Watching the news this morning I can't help but be concerned that a lot of people over 40 have forgotten there's a huge chunk of the population that hasn't been offered the vacine yet.
There was a lot of talk about the vacine passport (mostly sparked by international travel) and it seemed to come off as "if you need to do something then go get vaccinated". But if you are healthy and under 35 that's not yet an option.
Of course that number is dropping at an impressive rate, but its still going to be months before everyone's been offered both parts of the vaccines.

Watching the news this morning I can't help but be concerned that a lot of people over 40 have forgotten there's a huge chunk of the population that hasn't been offered the vacine yet.
There was a lot of talk about the vacine passport (mostly sparked by international travel) and it seemed to come off as "if you need to do something then go get vaccinated". But if you are healthy and under 35 that's not yet an option.
Of course that number is dropping at an impressive rate, but its still going to be months before everyone's been offered both parts of the vaccines.

Yep I've been looking at Virgin Voyages cruises as they are doing a "staycation" cruise from the UK this August. I'm probably their target market, late 30s, no kids, grown up knowing the Virgin brand. But they want both shots of the vaccine two weeks before boarding, I've just had my first one yesterday so if I wanted to go it would have to be on a sailing at the very end of August. It just feels like they haven't quite thought that through/

I'm still not convinced by the legality of requiring vaccines when not everybody has been able to have one. Feels like an indirect age discrimination lawsuit just waiting to happen.

Yep I've been looking at Virgin Voyages cruises as they are doing a "staycation" cruise from the UK this August. I'm probably their target market, late 30s, no kids, grown up knowing the Virgin brand. But they want both shots of the vaccine two weeks before boarding, I've just had my first one yesterday so if I wanted to go it would have to be on a sailing at the very end of August. It just feels like they haven't quite thought that through/

I have just had confirmation of my 2nd dose (on Saturday), only 8 weeks after my 1st, so you may well get your 2nd dose sooner than you think.

Sent from my ELS-NX9 using Tapatalk

I have just had confirmation of my 2nd dose (on Saturday), only 8 weeks after my 1st, so you may well get your 2nd dose sooner than you think
I got a message about my second dose yesterday, and I'm pretty sure I also had my first one only 8 weeks ago. Ironically it only gave me one date option (Sunday May 23rd), but I'm at Towers that day and have already booked the tickets. :tearsofjoy:
It's going to contact me with another date (hopefully more than one this time) as that one is fully booked now anyway.

I have just had confirmation of my 2nd dose (on Saturday), only 8 weeks after my 1st, so you may well get your 2nd dose sooner than you think.

Sent from my ELS-NX9 using Tapatalk

Mine is currently scheduled for early August,11 weeks time as I had to book both dates when selecting the first one. Will see if I get a text in a few weeks moving it earlier.

I got a message about my second dose yesterday, and I'm pretty sure I also had my first one only 8 weeks ago. Ironically it only gave me one date option (Sunday May 23rd), but I'm at Towers that day and have already booked the tickets. :tearsofjoy:
It's going to contact me with another date (hopefully more than one this time) as that one is fully booked now anyway.

That's interesting, I've been invited for my second dose as well (also 8 weeks after the first) - but I couldn't make either of the dates they offered me! I guess it makes sense to invite people a month earlier than stricly necessary so they don't end up missing the 12-week window if they have to reschedule.

That's interesting, I've been invited for my second dose as well (also 8 weeks after the first) - but I couldn't make either of the dates they offered me! I guess it makes sense to invite people a month earlier than stricly necessary so they don't end up missing the 12-week window if they have to reschedule.

I'm guessing your vaccines have been organised by your GP surgery or similar rather than via the NHS website then?

I went into the website as my age now allowed me to get it and had to book both sessions now with the second one automatically 11-12 weeks away.

That's a really good point actually, think you've hit the nail on the head there. :)
Hopefully it won't be too long til I'm given more dates.