• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Coronavirus

Coronavirus - The Poll

• Total voters
First South Yorkshire are increasing capacity on their busses from Monday as well, although the email didn't say about potentially sitting with others. Obviously everyone has the right to ask people not to sit next to them if they don't feel comfortable or haven't had the jab yet.

Arriva are saying industry guidance says It's fine to sit next to other passengers.

Arriva are saying industry guidance says It's fine to sit next to other passengers.

Just looked on First's website, and it does say the same. :confused:
I've already messaged a couple of friends who I know might not be comfortable with that.

Last edited:
Now i am confused. Boris is pushing social distancing. Arriva is saying social distance is not required?

Sent from my SM-A217F using Tapatalk

Travel wasn’t restricted to business, you could travel for other reasons too. The government knew this and still didn’t plug the gap.

Also we're trying to get a trade deal with India so didn't want to add them to the red list when we added neighbouring countries like Pakistan.

Even though India has been in crisis mode for the entire year.

Sensible government decisions!

Also we're trying to get a trade deal with India so didn't want to add them to the red list when we added neighbouring countries like Pakistan.

Even though India has been in crisis mode for the entire year.

Sensible government decisions!

We could blame the government for everything or alternatively actually expect people to take some personal responsibility for a change.

We could blame the government for everything or alternatively actually expect people to take some personal responsibility for a change.
Have you ever heard the term lead by example? The government have made some terrible decisions, and have never really followed the science when relaxing restrictions . India is just the latest example of prioritising the growth of elite wealth than the health of the nation. Saying “people should take personal responsibility” just isn’t viable as if people did that we arguably wouldn’t need a government at all.

Like when Boris went and shook hands with loads of Covid patients.

Then ended up with it.

Before the Barnard Castle "incident" things were fine. But it all went out the window from then on, added in with conflicting suggestions and general apathy from people resulted in these sort of problems.

You can blame a lot of people for the problems seen across the pandemic, but a lot of these things could've easily been avoided by a government who are fairly indecisive on anything that could be seen as "negative". Which is why they wait until last possible moment to implement these things.

Why was India not on the red list for over two weeks after Pakistan and Bangladesh? When India has been an absolute disaster area? Then when it was put on the list there was a few days in-between which caused a surge in travel (probably a number of people suddenly rushing to get home).

Strong leadership usually leads to a fairly compliant populace. I don't think we had that at any point during this pandemic.

You assume everyone is an epidemiologist and understands the complexities. The government chose to set the standards by creating international travel restrictions, if something wasn’t on the red list you can’t blame people for traveling to it.

You assume everyone is an epidemiologist and understands the complexities. The government chose to set the standards by creating international travel restrictions, if something wasn’t on the red list you can’t blame people for traveling to it.

Yes you can blame people for travelling when it was illegal to do so except for a very small number of reasons, 10 plane loads a day is not for a small number of reasons.
The rules have been twisted since day one by most of the population of this country and still are being, you can’t keep blaming the government.
If you want a totalitarian government telling you what you can and can’t do then move to North Korea or China, in the UK the government rule by consent and the public are as much to blame as any government.

Yes you can blame people for travelling when it was illegal to do so except for a very small number of reasons, 10 plane loads a day is not for a small number of reasons.
The rules have been twisted since day one by most of the population of this country and still are being, you can’t keep blaming the government.
If you want a totalitarian government telling you what you can and can’t do then move to North Korea or China, in the UK the government rule by consent and the public are as much to blame as any government.

The mental gymnastics people go through to defend Boris Johnson are truly amazing.

I don’t want a totalitarian government, nor do I agree with libertarian government either. Fact is this government choose to set a standard, then cower when their blatant greed impacted their decision making.

Travel was allowed for family reasons, a lot of people have family in India so they followed the rules outlined by the government. They should have tightened this weeks before they did, and the proof of that is in Bolton right now.

But our great leader must not be criticised!

Travel was not allowed for family reasons except a few small exceptions.
I’m not defending Boris, he has made mistakes like you or I would of done in that situation but ultimately a representative government relies on the general public following the rules not twisting them and taking the P for their own selfish reasons.

It was however predictable this would happen at some point, and will again, we just have to hope we have reached the point of herd immunity which we will soon find out I guess.

For balance regarding the Indian variant, and some positive looking news, cases reported today are down slightly (week on week), yesterday's also showed a drop (week on week).

There are now fewer than 1,000 people in hospital with COVID in the UK, the lowest since September, and deaths remain in single figures.

Of course cases are expected to rise with the indoor unlocking on Monday, however many people have already been mixing indoors for some time now, plus the vaccine rollout is continuing to go well. Frustratingly, I could have got mine last minute on Thursday (leftover doses), however I was in work all evening so it wasn't possible. I should be contacted for mine soon though.

IMAX booked for Wednesday and I cannot wait. It's been a long and gruelling winter.

(Figures from the Government's dashboard)

https://news.sky.com/story/indian-v...-jabbed-but-confidence-vaccines-work-12307777

If this is true and most of those ending up in hospital with the Indian variant have been offered the vaccine but not taken it up then it does open the questions, 1) should they be treated at all and 2) should the rest of us have to put up with the continued lockdown measures because of them?
My answer to both is no, they made their deathbed by listening to the Anti-Vaxxer’s and can now lie in it.

I believe from speaking to a as friend of mine who lives in Bolton and who is in the NHS, many of those who could of had the vaccine but refused were of a particular faith who believe the vaccine contains pork and alcohol.

I believe from speaking to a as friend of mine who lives in Bolton and who is in the NHS, many of those who could of had the vaccine but refused were of a particular faith who believe the vaccine contains pork and alcohol.
On that note, the relevant religious authority has categorically stated that the vaccines don't contain pork or alcohol, though there may be incredibly small amounts of ethanol in the AstraZeneca, but less than you'd find in a slice of bread.

Strange egg is not in the list of mythical ingredients. Even though in the past it was used as a breeding medium.
I have said before i do think the pork and beef myths are coming from people that believe BME lives don't matter.

Strange egg is not in the list of mythical ingredients. Even though in the past it was used as i breeding medium.
I have said before i do think the pork and beef myths are coming from people that believe BME lives don't matter.

I think you're probably right to an extent. It's frankly disgusting behaviour, and anyone who does this should be ashamed of themselves.