• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Coronavirus

Coronavirus - The Poll

• Total voters
I'd expect table service to carry on for a while as well. Wouldn't surprise me if it becomes a bit more permanent in some places post-pandemic, too.

I'd expect table service to carry on for a while as well. Wouldn't surprise me if it becomes a bit more permanent in some places post-pandemic, too.

And I don't think that would be a bad thing, so long as it is operated sufficiently. For example, I much prefer sitting in a bar at EP and having my order taken then joining a long queue at Dragon Bar in ATH and slowly waiting for them to take your order!

And I don't think that would be a bad thing, so long as it is operated sufficiently. For example, I much prefer sitting in a bar at EP and having my order taken then joining a long queue at Dragon Bar in ATH and slowly waiting for them to take your order!
Oh, I couldn't agree more, Rob - that's a prime example of where table service has huge benefits!

That depends, I've often sat in Hotel Colosseo for over an hour between drinks because it's virtually impossible to get served.

At least in a queue you know you're going to be served eventually.

The other week, I remember the vaccination centre at Twickenham had a load of vaccines going spare, and put out an appeal for anyone who hadn't yet been vaccinated to come down. The queues were massive, to the point where they had to turn people away because they'd run out. Unsurprisingly, the queues were virtually all younger people. It's a shame so many were turned away, but the fact the queues were so long anyway speaks volumes.

Most pubs can’t make a profit doing just table service, it has to go in the next few weeks along with masks or a lot more pubs will close.
Like most businesses at the minute staff are at a premium, where have all of these people laid off gone to? I can’t find an engineer for love or money.

Screenshot-2021-06-08-at-12-26-31.png
What's going on with the percentages of under 30s? Most of them still can't book their first dose now, never mind having had 2 a fortnight ago!

What's going on with the percentages of under 30s? Most of them still can't book their first dose now, never mind having had 2 a fortnight ago!
There could just be a large amount of under-30s with underlying conditions that qualify for earlier jabs compared to older people; for instance, I’m in group 6, so I’d had both Pfizer doses by 20th May, and I’m only 17!

If half of under 30s have underlying conditions that could pose a risk to their respirative health then we're all screwed when they get older.

If half of under 30s have underlying conditions that could pose a risk to their respirative health then we're all screwed when they get older.
Not every underlying condition necessarily is respiratory; for instance, people with learning disabilities were prioritised in group 6, and people with other conditions that aren’t necessarily respiratory, such as coeliac disease, were in group 6 as well.

There could just be a large amount of under-30s with underlying conditions that qualify for earlier jabs compared to older people; for instance, I’m in group 6, so I’d had both Pfizer doses by 20th May, and I’m only 17!

Whilst underlying health conditions goes some way to explaining under 30s, the main reason is a massive number of under 30s who work in the health and social care sectors. They will have had their second doses quite some time ago now.

Ah, that makes more sense - I was worried we had a healthcare time-bomb on our hands!

Most pubs can’t make a profit doing just table service, it has to go in the next few weeks along with masks or a lot more pubs will close.
Like most businesses at the minute staff are at a premium, where have all of these people laid off gone to?

Probably seen property prices go up 10% in a year and decided it's not worth working any more as they'll never be able to afford to live anyway soon even if they work.

Well it's not going to end unless we revolt. I don't see the point of complying anymore. We don't get anywhere

Reactions: Vik
A few more weeks to ensure the evidence coming through on Delta variant hospitalisation/death rates can be analysed and to allow the number of 2nd vaccinations to increase to a level that further breaks the link between infection and hospitalisation seems sensible to me.

Seems mad to come this far and then mess it all up at the last minute by removing the final few restrictions too soon.