• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Coronavirus

Coronavirus - The Poll

• Total voters
It is now thought that face masks and social distancing laws will be gone from 19th July, and replaced by “personal responsibility”, as it is now thought that the link between cases and hospitalisations has now been broken: https://apple.news/ABFrlWdZ7Tt28AOCGH0Mxrw

Ministers are said to even be hopeful of a potential early easing on 5th July, but 19th July is apparently more likely.

Well the people that don't have any "personal responsibility" are already not distancing, taking their mask off as soon as they are in a shop and not being watched and generally being anti-social.

We're happy to trade with a dictatorship that kills its own people and operates a network of concentration camps when it's good for business. We've been doing so ever since "Communists" learnt how to do capitalism better than us in the way only an authoritarian state knows how.

Yet still the west (the US in particular, where your right to carry a gun is more important than someone else's right to not be shot) continues to pretend that freedom and capitalism are completely and unquestionably linked somehow and the ludicrous notion that more capitalism and less regulation always = more "freedom" despite this showing to be false.

We're still happy to buy masks and testing kits off them despite their behaviour. We're still happy to buy their cheap manufactured goods - as long as it's on our terms of course, they make cheap clothes to throw working class western citizens out of work, but don't let them near our tech companies, the rich elites at Apple and Amazon could get upset. We're comfortable pretending we're doing something about climate change by putting empty baked bean cans into a recycling bin or joining fashionable vegan trends when all we're doing is moving pollution to a different country with very few questions asked - it's good for business folks.

The only time we grasp our chins and and ponder for a moment is when their behaviour has probably been unquestionably bad for business by paralysing our economies. Our response will probably be a stern ticking off whilst begging for a trade deal and asking how many cheap toys they can stock our online retailers with in time for Christmas.

Edit- And yes, for those eagle eyed amongst you and have noticed the annoying signature at the bottom of my posts (which I have no idea how to turn off), I'm well aware of the irony that I write all this from a Huawei phone (no, I won't be foolish enough to buy another) running on a Californian operating system. Such is the scale of this gravy train. The whole Google/Huawei/5g thing is further proof that we like protecting the interests of our rich elites under the headline grabbing pretence that we're doing something about China, but look around your home and you'll find tonnes of stuff that's Chinese made that you bought unwittingly. We've based our economies on buying cheap stuff from them and to hell with the consequences and are in very deep.

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Well the people that don't have any "personal responsibility" are already not distancing, taking their mask off as soon as they are in a shop and not being watched and generally being anti-social.
I’d say that’s a minority, from my experience. Most still follow the rules fairly diligently, from what I’ve seen.

Admittedly, that might change once these rules are no longer law, but many people are still very conscious of COVID, from what I’ve seen.

We're happy to trade with a dictatorship that kills its own people and operates a network of concentration camps when it's good for business. We've been doing so ever since "Communists" learnt how to do capitalism better than us in the way only an authoritarian state knows how.

Yet still the west (the US in particular, where your right to carry a gun is more important than someone else's right to not be shot) continues to pretend that freedom and capitalism are completely and unquestionably linked somehow and the ludicrous notion that more capitalism and less regulation always = more "freedom" despite this showing to be false.

We're still happy to buy masks and testing kits off them despite their behaviour. We're still happy to buy their cheap manufactured goods - as long as it's on our terms of course, they make cheap clothes to throw working class western citizens out of work, but don't let them near our tech companies, the rich elites at Apple and Amazon could get upset. We're comfortable pretending we're doing something about climate change by putting empty baked bean cans into a recycling bin or joing fashionable vegan trends when all we're doing is moving pollution to a different country with very few questions asked - it's good for business folks.

The only time we grasp our chins and and ponder for a moment is when their behaviour has probably unquestionably been bad for business by paralysing our economies. Our response will probably be a stern ticking off whilst begging for a trade deal and asking how many cheap toys they can stock our online retailers with in time for Christmas.

Edit- And yes, for those eagle eyed amongst you and have noticed the annoying signature at the bottom of my posts (which I have no idea how to turn off), I'm well aware of the irony that I write all this from a Huawei phone (no, I won't be foolish enough to buy another) running on a Californian operating system. Such is the scale of this gravy train. The whole Google/Huawei/5g thing is further proof that we like protecting the interests of our rich elites under the headline grabbing pretence that were doing something about China, but look around your home and you'll find tonnes of stuff that's Chinese made that you bought unwittingly. We've based our economies on buying cheap stuff from them and to hell with the consequences and are in very deep.

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk
On the main Tapatalk page go to user->settings->signature.

Another positive week!

Delta +
10 years of boosters
WHO special envoys still scaring us and saying we need to keep social distancing ourselves etc
Where does it end

Maybe next week will be better

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So
Another positive week!

Delta +
10 years of boosters
WHO special envoys still scaring us and saying we need to keep social distancing ourselves etc
Where does it end

Maybe next week will be better

Ban the media.
Seriously they have been shocking throughout, scare stories and only reporting the negative stuff.
Hospitalisations are more or less flat, deaths are the same but that doesn’t make a good story now does it, Britain always has to be the worst at something.
They are desperate to keep this lockdown going, keep the pressure up on Boris guys I’m sure you will get your way, w***ers.

In fairness, I think that might be the government’s plan from 19th July at the latest; they want to give everyone the opportunity to have had their first dose and for the immunity to have built up. Leaving it until 19th July also allows for as many adults as possible to become fully vaccinated, which is really important with the Delta variant.

But from 19th July onwards, I gather that near-normality is the plan!

In fairness, I think that might be the government’s plan from 19th July at the latest; they want to give everyone the opportunity to have had their first dose and for the immunity to have built up. Leaving it until 19th July also allows for as many adults as possible to become fully vaccinated, which is really important with the Delta variant.

It was their plan for the 21st but they didn't exactly take the needed measures to hit that.

Let’s see on 19th
I suppose the definition near is up for debate.

The word cautious seem to be the get out.

Anyways I’m of to cautiously get a train tomorrow, just in case of crash I’m wearing my mask

Well I won’t be wearing a mask after 19th July and I call on the rest of the public to do the same.
It’s time to stand up and say enough is enough and this is the most visible way of doing that.

Well I won’t be wearing a mask after 19th July and I call on the rest of the public to do the same.
It’s time to stand up and say enough is enough and this is the most visible way of doing that.

I will still wear one while indoors for now. Currently although we have recovered two doses of the vaccine, no one seems to know how long the antibodies will last in our system.

Anyone else in the mindset that we should be stopping all but essential international travel?

I get this is ruinous for the travel industry, but surely it has got to be better to ban holidaying abroad than it would be to risk importing further mutations?

I'm not saying Australia have got it right, but you can't take away that their citizens have been able to live a perfectly ordinary life while we've been in various shades of restrictions and lockdown.

Anyone else in the mindset that we should be stopping all but essential international travel?

I get this is ruinous for the travel industry, but surely it has got to be better to ban holidaying abroad than it would be to risk importing further mutations?

I'm not saying Australia have got it right, but you can't take away that their citizens have been able to live a perfectly ordinary life while we've been in various shades of restrictions and lockdown.
Essential just means not solely for a holiday in practice it seems, there's a fair few loopholes.

The counter point to that would be how long would we prevent international travel for? There's a huge chunk of the world who would not be able to get anywhere near the level of vaccination countries such as ourselves have got to. Where would we draw the line when it appears that we're seeing the hospitalisation link broken or substantially reduced so far?

In terms of Australia, whilst they do have an "ordinary life" a lot of the time, they are still living under the threat of constant short term lockdowns. Sydney and Bondi Beach are just about to go into another week long lockdown from tomorrow, so with that and a foreign travel ban they are far from living what anyone would call normal life.