• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Coronavirus

Coronavirus - The Poll

• Total voters
I have got frustrated with a "friend" who can't see the mask/lockdown debate as anything but in favour of everything or against everything.

He moaned about not being "free" because you could only sit at a table with five others in a pub, to me thats not really a loss of freedom and definitly not against your human rights.
Then when I go out wearing a mask he is surprised I'm not staying indoors "scared of the virus".

Its possible to think the government is reckless by opening everything at once but also to go and enjoy doing some things too.

Without wanting to jump on too early it does seem the so called 3 wave has peaked without a lockdown.
A good sign that we can live with this virus now in the short to medium term whilst returning to almost normality.

Without wanting to jump on too early it does seem the so called 3 wave has peaked without a lockdown.
A good sign that we can live with this virus now in the short to medium term whilst returning to almost normality.

It’s certainly promising, think we need another week to be sure but the numbers in Scotland suggest it might not be a football related blip.

The fact that a lot less tests are being done at the moment would give concern that these lower numbers are a bit false.

Hopefully though they are correct. In Alton this weekend no one kept their distance in the queue lines, no one wore masks…. I’ll be amazed if I haven’t caught it this weekend.

I actually don’t care if I did - I had a ruddy good weekend!!

The fact that a lot less tests are being done at the moment would give concern that these lower numbers are a bit false.

Hopefully though they are correct. In Alton this weekend no one kept their distance in the queue lines, no one wore masks…. I’ll be amazed if I haven’t caught it this weekend.

Test numbers are not that down though, they fluctuate up and down slightly normally but the last seven days data shows only slightly less tests conducted (10%) whereas positive tests are down 21.5%. (Source government dashboard)

Glad you had a good weekend though, I’m down in Devon at the minute having a great time, who needs to holiday abroad?

The thing with the total test numbers is that if cases are falling you get fewer symptomatic people so by default fewer tests. We would also expect a fall in test numbers as with the good weather other respiratory illnesses will be dropping off so fewer people have cause to get a Covid test.

There may be some reduction due to either reluctance to test, as well as schools being closed so no major LFT testing occurring in that cohort but I agree with Big T (try not to act too shocked :D) the total reduction in tests performed can’t account for the drop in positive cases in its entirety.

Test numbers are not that down though, they fluctuate up and down slightly normally but the last seven days data shows only slightly less tests conducted (10%) whereas positive tests are down 21.5%. (Source government dashboard)

Glad you had a good weekend though, I’m down in Devon at the minute having a great time, who needs to holiday abroad?

What part of Devon? I live in Devon myself and it’s certainly much much busier than I can ever remember!

As much as I love the natural beauty of the UK I prefer holidaying abroad as I like to experience different cultures. Holidaying in the UK to me is just seeing the same thing I see every day with a slightly nicer backdrop and more alcohol.

What part of Devon? I live in Devon myself and it’s certainly much much busier than I can ever remember!

I have based myself from Torquay marina this last two weeks, that’s the advantage of having a moving water based holiday home, you can get around easier than roads and social distancing is easy, just drop anchor a few hundred yards from the beach.

B8-EAE69-B-1-BF5-46-FC-9-E07-A882-FA699714.jpg

It is very busy on land though so keeping myself at a safe distance on the water.

As much as I love the natural beauty of the UK I prefer holidaying abroad as I like to experience different cultures. Holidaying in the UK to me is just seeing the same thing I see every day with a slightly nicer backdrop and more alcohol.

Don’t get me wrong I enjoy holidays abroad, I just wouldn’t enjoy all of the extra hassle that go with them this year and maybe next.
I’ve travelled abroad for work a few times in the last 15 months and it certainly hasn’t been pleasurable.
For me my other hobby besides theme parks is sailing, that allows me to do something different in the UK, I live near AT in Staffordshire so going out to sea is definitely different.
Does involves more alcohol though, that I have to agree on.:)

Anybody else had some crazy effects post 2nd Pfizer jab? I had mine on Sunday and ever since my vision has been a bit weird and I've had a bizarre head ache, like being drunk without the fun.

Anybody else had some crazy effects post 2nd Pfizer jab? I had mine on Sunday and ever since my vision has been a bit weird and I've had a bizarre head ache, like being drunk without the fun.

Yes. I was really ill in the evening, started with uncontrollable shivers, which then went to sweats, fever, headache and nausea. For a few weeks after that I had burning red skin around my neck and upper chest. All resolved now.

Yes. I was really ill in the evening, started with uncontrollable shivers, which then went to sweats, fever, headache and nausea. For a few weeks after that I had burning red skin around my neck and upper chest. All resolved now.
Thanks dude. I guess I'll just ride it out.

That was me after my first AZ one, so completely normal for some. Bang back some paracetamol for a few days and it'll wear off soon enough :)

Just to add to this, in general with a vaccine if your side effects are something you would experience with a general illness that you might have had (fever, headache, lethargy) then it’s probably nothing to worry about (those symptoms of illness are your immune system kicking in more than the virus attacking you so vaccines can have the same impact).

If it’s anything above and beyond that then seek medical advice. This is for two reasons:

1) You might have a rare side effect (unlikely)
2) You might have something else going on and the fact you had a vaccine is just pure coincidence.

Vision being weird is definitely a new one by me. I had Covid (I think, anyway, you couldn't get tested in late March 2020!) and didn't have anything like that.

Vision being weird is definitely a new one by me. I had Covid (I think, anyway, you couldn't get tested in late March 2020!) and didn't have anything like that.
My dad thinks he had Covid back in late march as he was coughing uncontrollably but, as you said, testing wasn't a thing back then. Plus, surely my mum and I would've got it as well if he'd had it as we all live together?

Last edited:
My dad thinks he had Covid back in lat march as he was couthing uncontrollably but, as you said, testing wasn't a thing back then. Plus, surely my mum and I would've got it as well if he'd had it as we all live together?
You possibly did but could have been asymptomatic. Impossible to know unless you were all tested.

My dad thinks he had Covid back in lat march as he was couthing uncontrollably but, as you said, testing wasn't a thing back then. Plus, surely my mum and I would've got it as well if he'd had it as we all live together?

Covid is weird. My sister in law and mother in law tested positive and were bed ridden for a couple of weeks with it yet my father in law never got it even though he was looking after them whilst they were ill. He had 4 PCR tests inside 2 weeks and none were positive.

Keep an eye on it (pun maybe intended), it could just be migrainous but see how it plays out. If symptoms progress see a doctor.