• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Coronavirus

Coronavirus - The Poll

• Total voters
Am I allowed to say I told you so yet?
As in, I tried telling her we should have bugged out of London a week ago, but noooo, someone STILL thinks everything is ****ing fine!! :banghead:
Sleeping pills. It too late when she is in south wales

Sent from my SM-J600FN using Tapatalk

Probably best to assume that that's absolute best case scenario though if we want to be realistic. Fingers crossed though obviously. Could also be that it stays around in some capacity until either everyone has been infected so that an immunity develops or that a vaccine is successfully developed and tested and is then made available on a mass scale. These two things would most likely take a lot longer than a few months, however.

Surely the social distancing measures won't last the whole year, though? If as expected, the peak is in May/June, then if China is anything to go by, which is starting to get back to normal now, I could potentially see things getting back to some degree of normality by July/August?
Don't worry the war will be over by Christmas....
I'm sure that we'll have gotten coronavirus under control to a degree by Christmas, either through people getting it and becoming immune or through other means.

12 weeks if we stick to the rules .,.

Just drove past my local bistro/bar. It’s absolutely packed with people.
Car park is full to overflow they are parking on the street
Well, from what I can see a lot of companies are increasingly closing their doors. I think the more companies that shut, the more of an avalanche it becomes and others will feel forced into action - they won't want to be the odd ones out as that will be bad for their public image. You only have to look at Alton Towers and Blackpool Pleasure Beach which have u-turned in the last couple of hours.

Of course, enforcement is an option and I'm sure it'll follow soon for last few "stubborn" businesses. It's difficult, they won't want to take action that is effectively suicide for their business so some will have to go down kicking and screaming. That's capitalism for you.

89835247_10157677485959821_8585892370644467712_o.png

credit to the genius on the one ring facebook who came up with this wonderful meme

My local swimming pool and sports club is still open which I can't believe. Even the gym.

Police will have the power to detain and quarantine people for up to six weeks under new emergency laws designed to stop the spread of coronavirus.

The new laws, tabled in the Commons today, enable constables to detain people suspected of having the virus for an initial period of up to 48 hours and refer them for screening. If they are found to have it, they can be directed into quarantine for 14 days in a “specified place”. The quarantine period can potentially be extended for two further periods of up to 14 days if doctors still have concerns about them.

:eek:

Police will have the power to detain and quarantine people for up to six weeks under new emergency laws designed to stop the spread of coronavirus.

The new laws, tabled in the Commons today, enable constables to detain people suspected of having the virus for an initial period of up to 48 hours and refer them for screening. If they are found to have it, they can be directed into quarantine for 14 days in a “specified place”. The quarantine period can potentially be extended for two further periods of up to 14 days if doctors still have concerns about them.

:eek:
This couldn't possibly be abused or misused.

... back to normal when all the cafe, bars pubs, airlines, nurseries, ... theme parks have gone bust, everyone has lost their jobs, o_O the world economy is dead.
The government has announced measures to help businesses and people survive this crisis; the world will survive. The businesses will ride out the storm, we as civilians will ride out the storm. This outbreak isn't the apocalypse; life will go back to normal eventually.

I think it's going to be a strange few months, but by this time next year (probably sooner than that), I'm sure we'll all be living our lives like we were before.

I checked the garden tools section of homebase for potential polearms. But everything is too small and lightweight these days. Best I found was a hoe, but it looked like it would snap the first time you swing it. Anyone would think they didn't want them to be used as improvised weaponry‽

Don't suppose anyone knows where I can get a nice simple 8 foot halbard from?

Premier Inn (Whitbread) are closing all restaurants from Saturday, not sure what happens to the staff or the few guests staying at the hotels who want food.

Last edited: